Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2010, 22:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Vacuum Cleaner

^^ Thanks for your reply garipagol, appreciate it.

I checked out the link you provided & though I understand the benefits of a car vacuum cleaner, it somehow fails to tempt me. I think I have now made up my mind to get a handy one but one that runs off a normal socket & not the 12v socket like the ones from phillips or eureka forbes. The simple reason is that they are cheaper to buy, have more power & are handy just like car vacuum cleaners (except that they need a power socket to run).

Will update this thread as soon as I buy one for myself.

Drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 15th December 2010 at 22:22.
Old 8th January 2011, 17:49   #47
Team-BHP Support

The only issue I realized is they run on car battery or on the mains. I have not seen one that offers to run on both depending on which supply is available.

Esp. nowadays basements of apartments do not provide power sockets. Hence it becomes quite difficult to use the home vac cleaner.

With that aspect in mind I had been to Croma at Koramangala but some how was not conviced. So Shankar you say the Croma Car-Vac is good? I will also review the Black and Decker.

Also I had serious doubts over these guys draining the car battery. Any comments/details on that?
Old 10th January 2011, 23:24   #48
BHPian

Home vacuum cleaners are not feasible for everybody. Especially for those who stay on higher floors, and dont have access to ground level power sockets.

So finally I bit the bullet and bought this Black & Decker AVC 1205 CarVac.

Expected to get it in 6-8 days. Will update my experience here.
Old 13th January 2011, 17:19   #49
BHPian

I got delivery of my carvac today. Immediately tried it out. And the initial results are pretty impressive. More than what I expected.

The floor-mat (not the plastic ones, but the cloth), was holding quite a few minute pieces of leaves, dust, sand etc, and I honestly was hopeless about it getting cleaned properly. But the carvac did remove all of that, and the car looks very fresh now.

Couple of questions that went unanswered previously on this thread (for which I was also seeking answers) -

1. The carvac works on the 12V battery supply inside the car, and the manual mentions that *you shouldnt run the engine while using the cleaner.* "It will reduce the life of the equipment."

2. The carvac doesnt kill the battery quickly. But the manual mentions that if it is used for not more than 30 minutes at a stretch, the car battery still retains enough power in it for normal operations.

And I found that even 20-minutes are more than enough to clean the car if you plan properly.
ghatotkatch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2011, 20:54   #50
Team-BHP Support

Thanks. That helps. What I needed was for basic picks, which one cannot reach for. So definitely should be done in 10-15 minutes for me.
Old 21st February 2011, 23:15   #51
BHPian

The vacuum cleaner I use for my cars is this cordless one from Amstrad. It is fairly powerful and best of all uses a battery which lasts for about an hour on a full charge. No need to connect the cleaner to electrical and 12 volt outlets. Lint is collected on rotating brushes and dust in a small box. Being triangular, it reaches most corners. The handle can be shortened and moves on a pivot in all directions making it user friendly.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vacuum Cleaner-p1010162.jpg  

Car Vacuum Cleaner-p1010163.jpg  

Car Vacuum Cleaner-p1010165.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2011, 16:37   #52
BHPian

Ghato-> How much did you pay for the black & decker? In ebay its around 2800 bucks.DO let me know the price you bought.?
Old 28th February 2011, 13:21   #53
BHPian

@kphillip - it cost me around Rs.2400/- + pune octroi (around 150 bucks IIRC). shipping was free.
Old 28th February 2011, 14:31   #54
Senior - BHPian

Some time back, I had read about an offer in Times of India where you could get a Vacuum Cleaner + Jack + a couple of items for a total price of Rs. 1999.

Does anyone know about quality of those products?
Old 28th February 2011, 14:39   #55
BANNED

A 12V cleaner is a waste. Use the hose on your regular cleaner. In fact in many places I find blow far more useful than suction.
Old 28th February 2011, 14:47   #56
BHPian

I had once purchased this type of products from other source. Vacum cleaner and torch I had purchased didn't last more than month or so.

Quality of this type of cheap un branded products is very questionable.

I normally stick to branded products purchased from reputed retail chain with proper bill and warranty.

This is my personal opinion and experience. You may be lucky though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Some time back, I had read about an offer in Times of India where you could get a Vacuum Cleaner + Jack + a couple of items for a total price of Rs. 1999.

Does anyone know about quality of those products?
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

Reviving an old thread ,I bought a Coido car vacuum cleaner 6132 , it operates on 12 v DC. The performer is OK, considering the price which I paid Rs 600/- from JC Road Bangalore.
The build quality is fine I managed to pull out almost all the sand and small gravel particles from floor carpet of the car.

Don’t know how durable this product is, only time will tell.
Old 3rd September 2011, 11:25   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
In fact in many places I find blow far more useful than suction.
Absolutely.
My LG home vaccum cleaner only provides suction, no blow. And however creatively I try, it just can not suck all the insects, debries out of the radiator fins. Blowing the radiator fins from the engine compartment would be more effective I think but that poses another challenge - finding effective access!
Old 8th January 2012, 16:20   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatotkatch View Post
@kphillip - it cost me around Rs.2400/- + pune octroi (around 150 bucks IIRC). shipping was free.
Hi, Ghato, siccne it will be exact one year now for the Black and Decker vaccum that you pruchsed, please let us know about your user exoerince now. how many times have you used it? did it ever impact the battery performance of your car?
i am looking forward to a good VC for my car. the thread has mixed opinions on the use of 12V VC.
Please update.
Old 8th January 2012, 19:31   #60
Senior - BHPian

^^ I have been using the Black & Decker CarVac for about 8 months now. I am satisfied with it, but it can never match the suction offered by a conventional vacuum cleaner. The only reason I ever bought it was because:

1. It could be used without a power socket, which is a boon since I do not reside in a ground floor accommodation.

2. I needed a vacuum cleaner for routine cleaning, like may be once a week.

3. It came from a reputed company, & that's why I paid a significantly higher price compared to a non-branded product.

I hope this can be of some help to you.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks