Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2015, 11:40   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Do let me know how you liked it, I'm curious to see if it works as advertised.
Its not worth it.
Suction is low. The pump reads the tyre pressure, but when I switch the motor on, it shoots up to themax, and gets stuck there.
Am I using this wrong? I would have thought itd stick at the pressure in the tyre, and move up as it inflates
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 12:34   #92
BHPian

@Mayankk, what happened with the home vacuum cleaner?
Old 17th November 2015, 12:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

I picked up the Black & Decker AV1205 from Snapdeal during their sale for Rs.900 !

I used it the other day and I am extremely satisfied. It has a nice brush which helps remove fine sand particles from the carpets and corners of the seats.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/blac...uum/1775140628
Old 17th November 2015, 13:51   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
@Mayankk, what happened with the home vacuum cleaner?
It doesnt work as mentioned. I have to literally put the nozzle on the grit to get it inside.
The compressor, it also doesn't seem to be inflating the tyre. When I attached it to the wheel, the gauge showed me the pressure in the tyre. When I switched it on, it just moved to the maximum on the guage, and the compressor kept working for the next few minutes. However, I have no way of knowing what it has done in that time. When i removed the nozzle, the pressure on the guage started coming down, and should be at zero maybe by this time next week.
Ive already initiated return on Paytm. Looks foreign. Name's foreign. Price is Indian? do not buy.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 22:31   #95
BHPian

Bought Bergmann Car Vacuum Cleaner from Snapdeal and its awesome !! Unbelievable suction !! I tried and it could actually pick up a couple of mobile phones through suction, as advertised by them. It has 4 attachments and a unique HEPA Nano filter. Super impressed !

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/berg...umbLabelId:313
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vacuum Cleaner-1.jpg  

Car Vacuum Cleaner-2.jpg  

ashm99 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 16:39   #96
BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashm99 View Post
Bought a lovely new car vacuum cleaner (Bergmann Germany - Tornado) from Snapdeal only for 799/-
Hi ashm99,

Have you tried both models (tornado and hurricane)? Tornado is 60watts and Hurricane is 100 watts.

Regards.
Old 29th November 2015, 13:36   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi ashm99,

Have you tried both models (tornado and hurricane)? Tornado is 60watts and Hurricane is 100 watts.

Regards.
Hi antardaksh

Yes, tried both the models..First bough Tornado for myself..Liked it so much so bought Hurricane for my brother..Loved both of them..
ashm99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 20:17   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashm99 View Post
Hi antardaksh

Yes, tried both the models..First bough Tornado for myself..Liked it so much so bought Hurricane for my brother..Loved both of them..
Thank you! I have been looking for a car vacuum cleaner for long now. Just ordered the Hurricane model from Snapdeal for INR 1599. I hope this will help settle my paranoia for a speck free car.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/berg...m/620358114282
Old 17th December 2015, 20:27   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
Just ordered the Hurricane model from Snapdeal for INR 1599.
Do post your feedback. I too am considering this one.

ashm99 has had a good experience. Will wait for yours too.
Old 18th December 2015, 10:36   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
It doesnt work as mentioned. I have to literally put the nozzle on the grit to get it inside.
The compressor, it also doesn't seem to be inflating the tyre. When I attached it to the wheel, the gauge showed me the pressure in the tyre. When I switched it on, it just moved to the maximum on the guage, and the compressor kept working for the next few minutes. However, I have no way of knowing what it has done in that time. When i removed the nozzle, the pressure on the guage started coming down, and should be at zero maybe by this time next week.
Ive already initiated return on Paytm. Looks foreign. Name's foreign. Price is Indian? do not buy.
Sorry for the confusion, my question was wrt your comment about the horrible experience. BTW, I am not looking for a vacuum cleaner. I am using my household dry-wet Bosch vacuum cleaner.
Old 18th December 2015, 11:16   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
Do post your feedback. I too am considering this one.

ashm99 has had a good experience. Will wait for yours too.
Sure, the delivery is scheduled for today. I will test it over the weekend and post my feedback.

Slightly off topic, but I had also ordered ResQtech Air Compressor from Amazon. It is quite pocket-able and unlike others, seems very sturdy. Maybe they have improved on the build quality from what the earlier buyers quote. It was very neatly packed and the warranty card for one year was already filled by the manufacturer. The manufacturer directly ships the product from Pune. So far, I am impressed and seems like a much better buy over standard low quality bulky Coido like air compressors. I will test that as well over the weekend and share my observations.
zzzehar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 10:35   #102
Senior - BHPian

I am using Black & Decker VH780 780-Watt Vacuum and Blower unit for the past 4 months and its been excellent.

I am not a fan of the 12 volts DC units which can be plugged to the car as it puts unnecessary burden on the wiring of the car. So, was looking for an AC unit and found this to be apt.

The plus points
1) Very strong suction
2) Compact size
3) Good number of accessories which makes it a multi purpose machine.
4) Easy to clean and reusable filter
5) Good quality plastics

Its a expensive compared to the DC units, but worth the money I guess. And it heats up if you run it for like 4 minutes. So, you need to give it time to cool down while cleaning.

I bought it for 3k from Amazon and the link is here: http://www.amazon.in/Black-Decker-VH...0587265&sr=1-6

The blue is not as dark as in the photos.
Old 25th December 2015, 11:15   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
Sure, the delivery is scheduled for today. I will test it over the weekend and post my feedback.
Any comments zzzehar? I'll take the plunge too if your reviews are favorable.
Old 25th December 2015, 11:28   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I am not a fan of the 12 volts DC units which can be plugged to the car as it puts unnecessary burden on the wiring of the car. So, was looking for an AC unit and found this to be apt.
Why do you say that ? Since these 12V sockets come with a separate fuse, isn't the wiring safe enough to run such appliances ? When I am vacuuming my car, I make it a point to keep the engine running so the battery doesn't drain, but wasn't aware of any other potential problems.
Old 26th December 2015, 08:55   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Since these 12V sockets come with a separate fuse, isn't the wiring safe enough to run such appliances ?
Yes, it should be safe. Just that I am a little anxious about running a high power motor using the 12V socket in the car for long. Also, there is the added hassle of running the engine throughout. I take anywhere anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes to clean the interior of the car. And the lower power output compared to a unit which can be plugged directly to AC mains.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks