Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2011, 16:48   #31
BHPian

Re: My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City

Awesome machine. This would be one killer ride when the setup is complete. Have seen your Civic a number of times on roads, would love to see your OHC rip Delhi roads.

Cheers!
Abhi
Old 28th January 2011, 23:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild4lyfe View Post
im glued to this one.!
All the very best on the build!!
what did your ride clock with NOS?
Thanks, On the V-Box the Car did a 14.1 1/4 Mile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
@M4UGR8 like this?
YouTube - VID 20101129 00000

I have a close watch on this project as my dear friend and his mad tuner are creating a new bar for performance scene in delhi, for years we have talked about swaps and doable thing but no one had the guts to do it. For the first time ever all this is happening in delhi and those who know already have their eyes on this setup and its the talk of the town.

Even after all the discouragement he got from people around him, raising questions about how will the project go, the engine wont fit, No one is capable of doing this project in delhi or a sheer waste of money, send the car to Bangalore, mumbai bla bla. Call him stupid or courageous but he is walking down an Aisl that no one here has gone thru before. The parts being used in the car are brand names that we had only heard of and only top notch. Its a pleasure to watch!

Kudos. Waiting for more
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce1980 View Post
@m4ugr8
This is an awesome job!

So, what's the 0-100 time you were doing in this rocket... I mean, with just the NOS & Suspension upgrade? It's surprising how even the Non V-tech packs so much punch!
Thanks, With Only the NOS it was doing late 7 Seconds 0-100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda_Power View Post
Those pics of Wilwood, Rear disc brake kit look awesome. Like a hot pizza on pan .

Please update us on the 0-100 time clocked.
Thank you, 0-100 times mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Affects View Post
suddenly the clocks have started ticking slower...
LOL, Yes my friend, I am still behind your punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
Awesome project.
lovely write-up.

keep doing such detailed write-ups and you'll have a lot of fans here on TBHP
Thank You, Lets hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Congrats again on the upgrade manan.
Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
Such an activity is what dreams are made up for most auto enthusiasts like me. Way to go Manan! I shall wait everyday to read on your latest developments. And thanks Tbhp for creating such a platform for sharing dreams. While most of us wouldn't dare do things that our hearts want (for various obvious reasons), some of you do and we involve ourselves in its happening with joy because you are kind enough to share. Thank you once again.

Champion
Thank You dude, I agree, TBHP is a great platform to share and discuss such builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I like the way the thread is going what I DO NOT LIKE IS WASTAGE OF NOS !! Come on you could have used it in the 800 & shot a video of it beating an M3 or something

Ab Dilli door nahin !! Next thing you know Phil is singing "Bachnaa aae Ha****** lo mein aa gaya !!

Cheers
LOL, 800 beating a M3 now thats something I really wanna watch. With so much NOS sprayed at Speedsport, Phil was singing what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
This is crazy stuff . I am glued on. Very Interesting thread. Wish you luck mate.
Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetsng View Post
Awesome machine. This would be one killer ride when the setup is complete. Have seen your Civic a number of times on roads, would love to see your OHC rip Delhi roads.

Cheers!
Abhi
Thanks, something is coming up in the civic also, thats my first love after all.
Old 28th January 2011, 23:27   #33
Senior - BHPian

The B16A Engine, 170 BHP DOHC VTEC, 8100 Rev Limit. As for now, the suspension is already on the car as you saw in the pics. The Engine is also inside the bay, The mounts are done. Exhaust was completed today, Phil is busy with some rally cars and preparation for desert storm, hence a little delay. But the work on the engine is almost done. Phil has told me to come a Test drive day after. Brakes need to installed still.

We will be running the Stock engine plus suspension plus brakes as for now. All small niggles will be attended to first, after everything is set in stock form, then we start building this engine.
Attached Thumbnails
My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-dsc07404.jpg  

Old 29th January 2011, 19:33   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on this install! I am going to ask some *noob* questions !

1. So did you go for the speed run with just the NOS install ?
2. How much does one of this NOS kit cost?
3. Is there a min rpm where you should release the NOS?

On the new engine front, is it legal *now* to have a engine transplanted to a car? I was thinking of buying a petrol lancer and converting it to lancer D [probably with a new Lancer D engine itself] and I was told that this is illegal and RTO doesnt approve this. I was given the explanation that it is to prevent car thefts!

Could you clarify this point?
Old 30th January 2011, 20:27   #35
BHPian

Very nice project Manan. Keep us regularly updated about the progress.I envy you B16 guys, there is just infinite amount of parts available for you guys,its sort of unfair
Best of luck!
Old 31st January 2011, 12:16   #36
BHPian

a 14 sec quartermile??!!! and just with Nos! thats some build then.the best in the country is running late 13s i think and that too with loads of work.
Old 31st January 2011, 13:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a 14 sec quartermile??!!! and just with Nos! thats some build then.the best in the country is running late 13s i think and that too with loads of work.
The best in the country is running late 13s because the 60ft times are horrendous. Come for the drags in April and you'll see a few records tumble.
Old 31st January 2011, 19:32   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
The best in the country is running late 13s because the 60ft times are horrendous. Come for the drags in April and you'll see a few records tumble.

hoping to see that.
eyes wide open bud.
Old 3rd February 2011, 00:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats on this install! I am going to ask some *noob* questions !

1. So did you go for the speed run with just the NOS install ?
2. How much does one of this NOS kit cost?
3. Is there a min rpm where you should release the NOS?

On the new engine front, is it legal *now* to have a engine transplanted to a car? I was thinking of buying a petrol lancer and converting it to lancer D [probably with a new Lancer D engine itself] and I was told that this is illegal and RTO doesnt approve this. I was given the explanation that it is to prevent car thefts!

Could you clarify this point?
Thanks, Yes I went to Redline with the Suspension/Advan Neova Tires and NOS. NOS Kit cost me around 70k. Above 4000RPM any gear should be fine. Its not legal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Very nice project Manan. Keep us regularly updated about the progress.I envy you B16 guys, there is just infinite amount of parts available for you guys,its sort of unfair
Best of luck!
Thanks, Parts availability is a bonus for sure, you have brands to choose parts from.

Quote:
The NOS shot was excess of 150 BHP, Phil had tuned and worked the D15 engine to run such a BIG shot. NOS has the advantage of activating once the car has grip post Launch. No wheel spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
For Sure, NOS and B16 worked upon should be able to keep me in the running.
Old 3rd February 2011, 01:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

Stay tuned, things are getting HOTTER!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Quest for a "FAST" car!! B16 Honda City-img2011013100155.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2011, 18:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Stay tuned, things are getting HOTTER!!

Things are getting so HOT that you had to loose the hood ?? I have a
feeling there is a carbon fibre hood waiting in the wings !!

Your combination (Phil & you) = mystical build !!

Cheers
Old 4th February 2011, 18:14   #42
BHPian

hotting up for sure... should go like stink ones its all set up. waiting for a few parts in stand alone engine management to come in.

been driving it last couple of days to and from work and its a pleasure to drive..

phil
Old 4th February 2011, 19:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post
hotting up for sure... should go like stink ones its all set up. waiting for a few parts in stand alone engine management to come in.
Did you have to do a rebuild on the engine when you got. How many kms on it and how was the condition? Do the engine mounts match the OHC's points.
Did it not come with stock ECU?
Old 5th February 2011, 00:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Things are getting so HOT that you had to loose the hood ?? I have a
feeling there is a carbon fibre hood waiting in the wings !!

Your combination (Phil & you) = mystical build !!

Cheers
Thanks, CF Hood needs to be sourced from Thailand, Not readily available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post

been driving it last couple of days to and from work and its a pleasure to drive..

phil
Eeagrly waiting. Initial TDs were very impressive indeed, I am waiting for those GYPSY's to leave your workshop so that we can progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Did you have to do a rebuild on the engine when you got. How many kms on it and how was the condition? Do the engine mounts match the OHC's points.
Did it not come with stock ECU?
No Rebuild, Condition is great, NO Misfires, VTEC kicks in at 5100. Everything is running smooth. It came with the Stock ECU, thats how we are driving it right now. Standalone for the further moddifications planned. Rebuild with new parts very very soon
Old 5th February 2011, 08:11   #45
Senior - BHPian

day before yesterday i was coming back from Delhi to Gurgaon. i was doing around 120-125 on my pulsar. could be wrong by the speedo. and a Gypsy with himalyan motor sports sticker on it passed me and it sounded amazing and was extreamly fast for a GYpsy it was a 2001 model Army gypsy which i was able to catch near the Toll after it passed me at the radison flyover., the first thing on my mind was if this gypsy can go this fast on the road what would be your car like.

and i feel that i need to meet PHIL soon so that i can see what car i would like to get if i want to do a small project thing.

Amazing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks