Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2015, 14:36   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!

Oh that's sad! doesn't make any sense to buy it then, soon we will have spares and service related issues :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Yes, The Inazuma is not officially sold in India anymore. The showroom guys are still clearing the old stock and that is how it is still available. And, I dont think the 'Zuma will be re-entering the Indian market!
Old 9th February 2015, 15:00   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Oh that's sad! doesn't make any sense to buy it then, soon we will have spares and service related issues :(
With the very very limited number of units sold here, I think S&S related issues will be more severe!

Can any existing owners throw some light on the current scenario? Are the spares which requires periodic replacement(like oil filter, brake pads, air and oil filters..) currently available readily?
Old 9th February 2015, 15:11   #258
Senior - BHPian

Thats sad but with current market scenario where variants/models keep changing on a regular basis. spares and service related issue is something which is part of many products. but considering the very bikes sold till now am not very sure on how Suzuki plans to support these bikes in the coming years, esp the engine and gearbox components.

Quote:
With the very very limited number of units sold here, I think S&S related issues will be more severe!

Can any existing owners throw some light on the current scenario? Are the spares which requires periodic replacement(like oil filter, brake pads, air and oil filters..) currently available readily?
Old 9th February 2015, 22:31   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
As am searching for my next ride and still in "not so sure mode" this bike is slowly making it to "yes, this is it!" but when i checked on the Suzuki website i dint see the bike listed anymore on the site, so called one of the dealers in Bangalore and i was told that the bike is available and within a week(after the booking) it will be delivered.

Quote:

This is my take on it..

I am very happy with my bike and if you are not into Duke's this is the only comfortable tourer/daily commuter out there in this price bracket. Suzuki killed this bike by reaching for the stars. Sure, it is more comfy that the Duke, sure it has much better quality, but Suzuki forgot that India is a price sensitive market and people put a ruppee figure to price per bhp/cc and forget everything else. End of the day, we are still a developing country and with the abysmal exchange rates, affordability is a major criterion in selecting a vehicle.

When you divide the price/bhp, the Zuma stands NOchance. But, if you can afford it, and have an international credit card and have an ebay account, I suggest it is worth the risk, as it is a global model and parts are easily available abroad. As of now, my dealer has all the consumable in stock, and although Suzuki tells me that they will continue to support parts, there is no guarantee for it.

I grew up in a rural area and and my parents bought their first Maruthi 800 in 1988. Those were the original Suzuki Marutis... Many of our neighbors told my dad that Ambassador (aka enfield) can be repaired anywhere, but Maruti 800 has to be taken to *big City dealer* for repair as their were no rural dealers at that time. But 27 year later, my mum still drives it without the help of any *big city* dealers.

I will not recommend anyone to jump into anything that they are not comfortable with, but I am absolutely happy with my purchase. In India, there is nothing else that gives you what a zuma does for the price range, if you set aside the bhp numbers that are more relevant for the track or the brochure....

Last edited by 4x4addict : 9th February 2015 at 22:37.
4x4addict is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 12:55   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This is my take on it..

I am very happy with my bike and if you are not into Duke's this is the only comfortable tourer/daily commuter out there in this price bracket.

I will not recommend anyone to jump into anything that they are not comfortable with, but I am absolutely happy with my purchase. In India, there is nothing else that gives you what a zuma does for the price range, if you set aside the bhp numbers that are more relevant for the track or the brochure....
My thoughts echo yours. I had taken the test ride of the Zuma from Apple Auto in Bangalore, and loved the way the bike takes on bad roads. There is simply no other bike in the market in this class. The weight of the bike is key to the comfort it offers. It is a perfect relaxed tourer, with a smooth, silent engine, decent mileage, good ergonomics and comfortable ride.

After riding RX for close to 13 years, I still enjoy riding it, but my commute now increased to 64 km a day and now appreciate comfort and silence a little more than I used to.
autocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 12:47   #261
Senior - BHPian

Thats great itnputs! wonder how long his bike will be in stock? i presume production has been stopped? i really dont understand why Suzuki to such a hasty decision, they could have made this bike on order...

Anyways i completely agree, look at the RE 2002 they came up with AVL engines, these engines were there till 2008 and the new breed arrived. now am hearing a new 380cc is being built. i still find very few mechanics who know the good old "Cast irong engines/timing thing. many might not even know what AVL's were and i wonder how many know about the new engines...

In a way service and spares is a big question mark for most of the vehicles, just that if something goes wrong it will be a long drawn process of fixing it but as you said these are well engineered machines unlike RE's so should not be an issue...

Am not yet ready to make the purchase wonder if this bike will be arround for few more months?

Quote:
This is my take on it..

I am very happy with my bike and if you are not into Duke's this is the only comfortable tourer/daily commuter out there in this price bracket. Suzuki killed this bike by reaching for the stars. Sure, it is more comfy that the Duke, sure it has much better quality, but Suzuki forgot that India is a price sensitive market and people put a ruppee figure to price per bhp/cc and forget everything else. End of the day, we are still a developing country and with the abysmal exchange rates, affordability is a major criterion in selecting a vehicle.

When you divide the price/bhp, the Zuma stands NOchance. But, if you can afford it, and have an international credit card and have an ebay account, I suggest it is worth the risk, as it is a global model and parts are easily available abroad. As of now, my dealer has all the consumable in stock, and although Suzuki tells me that they will continue to support parts, there is no guarantee for it.

I grew up in a rural area and and my parents bought their first Maruthi 800 in 1988. Those were the original Suzuki Marutis... Many of our neighbors told my dad that Ambassador (aka enfield) can be repaired anywhere, but Maruti 800 has to be taken to *big City dealer* for repair as their were no rural dealers at that time. But 27 year later, my mum still drives it without the help of any *big city* dealers.

Old 16th February 2015, 11:32   #262
BHPian

Quote:

Suzuki India has announced 15 years of service support for Inazuma. I, without any doubt believe, there is no other bike in the Indian market fits into the category created by Inazuma, and even in her unfortunately 'good bye' times it is still a best buy. If you are CBR, KTM, Kawasaki-ish person then it is not.

1. It's twin cylinder but not massively powered and can cruise at 90 km/hr comfortably.
2. It has a elevated 'tourer' type handle position, which no 250 cc bike in India has.
3. It does read Indian road conditions beautifully.
4. It is not made in India. Although it is built in China, it does offer far more superior build quality than its Indian counterparts.
5. The initial price range was 3.2 to 3.4 lacs which has been slashed by over 1 lacs since seconds quarter of 2014.
6. It is an ideal upgrade to bullet owners.
Beco is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 15:58   #263
BHPian

I dont know if this still holds merit:

http://www.zigwheels.com/gallery/bik...0cc/20957/1/13
Old 2nd March 2015, 13:52   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
I dont know if this still holds merit:

http://www.zigwheels.com/gallery/bik...0cc/20957/1/13
AFIK this is pretty much on. This one was launched in Japan in September last year. Recently, (in Feb 2015) this was launched in UK for a price of GBP 3,985 (roughly INR 3.85).

Everything remains the same in new Zuma except the improved design. I see the point Suzuki is realizing here - it's predecessor was perhaps not the best looking.

Although, Suzuki has not spoken about launching it in India; it will be launched in India. With higher excise duty, I reckon the price range would be between INR 4 to 5 lacs.

Sigh! Try and see if some units of fading Inazuma are still available in India. At 2.4 lacs, it will still be a worthy, twin cylinder and robustly built buy!
Old 2nd March 2015, 14:32   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beco View Post
AFIK this is pretty much on. This one was launched in Japan in September last year. Recently, (in Feb 2015) this was launched in UK for a price of GBP 3,985 (roughly INR 3.85).

I see the point Suzuki is realizing here - it's predecessor was perhaps not the best looking.

I reckon the price range would be between INR 4 to 5 lacs.
I hope they get the Zuma and I hope it will be affordable - thats the only way they can sell in decent numbers.
Old 10th November 2015, 16:03   #266
BHPian

Quote:
This is my take on it..

I know I am writing in a very old thread, but I had a question that perhaps you can answer. Have you seen the Mojo, do you think its as good as the zuma or better in the touring part. Kindly give me your feedback on the comparison on both the bike.
Old 11th November 2015, 10:23   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Have you seen the Mojo, do you think its as good as the zuma or better in the touring part. Kindly give me your feedback on the comparison on both the bike.
Sorry, I have not seen the Mojo or driven one. I was put off by the initial images itself and very unlikely, I will ever go near one.

If you want a tourer, in the 2 lakh budget, wait for the Enfield Himalayan or if you need something right away, the Bennelli T300 is a very good bike. When I bought it, the only option was the Duke 390 which I didn't like, but now there are more options.

Most Viewed