Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2014, 20:53   #106
BHPian

Its priced close to the ninja 300 . I know it's a different segment but cross shopping is quite common in India. This will definitely heading towards a roadblock. I wonder who'll buy this bike.
Old 20th January 2014, 22:10   #107
BHPian

re: Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!

Best of luck Suzuki.. they better wind up India operations instead of making loss here..

This looked like very good commuter bike, but Suzuki management misread Indian market.

They should fire their marketing team.
niv26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 22:34   #108
BHPian

re: Suzuki Inazuma to be priced at Rs. 3.1 lakhs?

They should have made it more like a B-King instead of just headlight and some trims here and there.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!-bking2_1000.jpg  

RIC.BURNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 22:46   #109
BANNED

I don't know what Suzuki guys were thinking when they designed this piece of whatever you want to call!

1) Looks too commuter-ish;

2) Very bad alloy design;

3) Very bulky front mudguard (I guess they have placed the mudguard the other way round - what I mean the part after the front forks should have been after the front forks).

4) The silencer end-can should have been up swept at least to help matters rather than giving it flatness;

Overall if the following points are taken care of then things can be good but 3.1L for this doesn't seem worthy The Ninja 300 seems a VFM when looked at this monstrosity.

I hope I don't see a "Suzuki Inazuma" Fan page on FB!

Anurag.
Old 20th January 2014, 23:43   #110
BHPian

Pricing of Inazuma, which is not yet official is being discussed here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...c-india-6.html

It will be good if we can consolidate all the abuses into one thread
Old 21st January 2014, 01:04   #111
BHPian

Lol!
The prices are absolutely hilarious! Dead before the show even begins, what a pity.
I really wonder what on earth were Suzuki thinking. Certainly isn't worthy of a second glance. It's s sad shame indeed.
Old 21st January 2014, 08:11   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheelin_KD View Post
Overdrive reports that the Suzuki GW250 Inazuma has been launched at an ex-showroom Delhi price of Rs 3,10,121. Will be available in two colors i.e. Red & Black.

http://overdrive.in/news/suzuki-gw25...lakh-ex-delhi/

Pretty premium pricing me thinks for what it offers.
The marketing guys at Suzuki need to get in touch with reality. With great VFM and proven products available today in the market (Duke 390, CBR 250R ABS, Ninja 300) at a comparable or lesser price point, who in his right mind will pay Rs 3+ Lacs for a commuter-ish, insipidly designed, unproven bike ! For that price one could have the Duke 390 and then some more. If I had to plonk Rs 3+ Lacs, Ninja 300 would be the obvious choice. Wonder what the guys at Suzuki were smoking when deciding the price of the bike?
This in my opinion would turn out to be another product that failed to take off because of totally mismatched pricing!
Old 21st January 2014, 08:17   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
+1.. I have mentioned the exact same point some pages before too! That long single seat surely looks comfortable and it will be a damn good tourer!
The touring (or any other, for that matter) credentials are yet to be established. And there are proven bikes in the market, specifically for the purpose. Still, with a price north of Rs 3 L, customers will think twice before plonking their cash on it.

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 21st January 2014 at 08:30.
Old 21st January 2014, 08:19   #114
BHPian

Quote:
+1.. I have mentioned the exact same point some pages before too! That long single seat surely looks comfortable and it will be a damn good tourer!
If one had touring in mind then Honda CBR 250R ABS which has impeccable credentials as a tourer will score heavily over this - it is rugged, proven, relaible, fuel efficient and a relaxed tourer.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3312788
And with a top of the line ABS model available for nearly a Lac cheaper, the CBR will be the obvious choice, don't you think?

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 11:13   #115
Senior - BHPian

Wow, literally fell of my chair reading the pricing for this 250cc twin cylinder naked bike. Is the pricing due to the fact that it is being brought into India as a CBU? It is atrocious to even think of buying this bike at 250K. Grossly over-priced and all of a sudden the Hyosung looks VFM.
Old 21st January 2014, 11:56   #116
Senior - BHPian

Ooops , something went wrong in Suzuki with this one , neither the pricing nor the design really works. The latter is not what i would call bad ( basis photographs) but not exactly something which is going to give you a grin either , Ninja anyday.
Old 21st January 2014, 12:06   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
If one had touring in mind then Honda CBR 250R ABS which has impeccable credentials as a tourer will score heavily over this - it is rugged, proven, relaible, fuel efficient and a relaxed tourer.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3312788
And with a top of the line ABS model available for nearly a Lac cheaper, the CBR will be the obvious choice, don't you think?

Cheers !
No second thoughts on the fact that there is no better and affordable tourer than the CBR in our market now! My thoughts are based on 2 facts, as mentioned by .sushilkumar

Quote:
..those who don;t seek any attention & want a relaxed Ride will surely pick this this
The first point is important for a portion of customers. We have to admit the fact that we cant park a fully faired chunky looking CBR in a crowded parking lot or a road side in India with peace of mind! That is an area where the Inazuma can shine. A not too keen eyed person will think of it as a most commonly seen FZ-16 only!

Well.. Here I am trying to find atleast a couple of good things about the Inazuma. But the pricing it has got easily submerges any good in it!

Reposting my previous post before the price was announced
Quote:
The Inazuma reminds me of the Bandit. Not quite a looker, no bells, whistles or fancy touches but it shines in the practicality, everyday use, and the price departments which will help it score in sales. Although not sure how a parallel twin will help in the price department.

Now who will buy the Inazuma? Customers who wants
- a bike that doesnt attract quite some attraction. Park where ever you find a spot and go without worries of someone fiddling with it
- a bike with decent power for touring and a reasonable mileage. Also heavier the bike the more comfortable it will be in the straight line
- A bike with a comfortable pillion seat even for 2 up touring (the 'Zuma's single seat looks more than comfortable)
- Practical for everyday use and enough grunt in the low and midrange

I cant think of a bike in the 25ps-33ps category which checks all these boxes except the RE C500.

Last edited by man_of_steel : 21st January 2014 at 12:25.
Old 21st January 2014, 12:17   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
. Is the pricing due to the fact that it is being brought into India as a CBU? It is atrocious to even think of buying this bike at 250K. Grossly over-priced and all of a sudden the Hyosung looks VFM.
I am not sure even if we can get <800 CC bikes as CBU - Some govt regulation there? (My memory is messed up of late)

---

It is actually funny that we are trying to see if there are ANY redeeming feature of this bike to justify its pricing. Answer: NONE

I am reminded of an iOS app that is 999 USD which does nothing, except an animation of a candle and says "I am rich" (probably should add (and dumb))

Can anyone point me to any one bike in Suzuki India that is respectable (other than the GS150)?

On one hand you have Bajaj who are pushing the boundaries of Performance / Price and on other hand we have morons like Suzuki who price like this? Who approves the launch of these bikes and prices? They should surely be fired.
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 12:23   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Is the pricing due to the fact that it is being brought into India as a CBU?
IIRC, Inazuma is brought to India via CKD route. Like the Ninja brothers.
Old 21st January 2014, 13:11   #120
BHPian

What ! 3.13 Lakhs for that bike? It should have been 1.5-1.7Lakhs at max and should have been positioned close to the CBR. They messed up bigtime putting it close to the kwacker N300 which is a better bike in all aspects. Neither the looks nor the specs seem to justify its pricing. The pricing seems to indicate that the marketing team was smoking top-quality stuff when they priced this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks