Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2014, 15:14   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Lol!
The prices are absolutely hilarious! Dead before the show even begins, what a pity.
I really wonder what on earth were Suzuki thinking. Certainly isn't worthy of a second glance. It's s sad shame indeed.
Salman Khan.

I am sure they had Mr. Khan in mind, who will do the sales for them at this price point. It's a product which should be priced between 1.2 - 1.5 Lac for initial market acceptance. With such insane price, they will not even get footfalls in the showroom for general interest of buyers.

Too bad Suzuki.

Also, if possible they should get some lessons from MSIL to figure out how to price a product. Maruti has been doing it for past 3 decades and with good success rates. Whatever failures they have is on product side (New Zen, Versa, A -Star) and not on the price point.

Get your act right Suzuki.

Last edited by i74js : 21st January 2014 at 15:20.
Old 21st January 2014, 16:27   #122
BHPian

Can someone tell me what is happening with Suzuki!!

It is really sad to see the response of Suzuki to the performance biking fans in India. First they don`t market their products well and second, a pricing blunder as with the case with Inazuma. With so much better and good looking bikes in its class, I really doubt the pricey and funky Inazuma finding many Indian homes. I feel instead of CKD route, they should have focused on building locally in India. With a price tag around 1.4 to 1.6 lakhs would have been a best buy.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 21st January 2014 at 16:29.
Old 21st January 2014, 17:46   #123
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Below Poll on Launch thread sum's up everything in a single Online Poll.

http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/news/282...hp-news-5.html

96% percent will not buy at this price point .
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!-xbhp.jpg  

.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 17:56   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Below Poll on Launch thread sum's up everything in a single Online Poll.

http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/news/282...hp-news-5.html

96% percent will not buy at this price point .
I am surprised at the 5 users who voted YES.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 18:09   #125
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
I am surprised at the 5 users who voted YES.
Off topic : - Must be some Super Hardcore fan boy or some body might have clicked wrongly or could be Suzuki sales/marketing team members themselves trying to save some face & avoid a 100 % wash Out. Any body can poll on the thread with no registration required.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 21st January 2014 at 18:10.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 18:12   #126
BHPian

The most depressing and irritating thing about a new launch is messages by people saying how it is overpriced. CBR, R15, N250r, Hyosung 250, Triumph, Conti GT etc are examples. And the poll doesn't mean anything. Do we know if those people who replied really had any intention of buying the bike anyway? Or are they now going to buy another bike?

And a twin cylinder, 250CC for 1.2 lacs? or 1.7 lacs?? really? The bike that retails at 4k usd or 2.7k GBP should be sold here for 1.2 to 1.7 lacs? Interesting.

I have no intention of buying this bike either. But I am very happy that I can see options being available in the market. I am glad Suzuki bought the bike to India. I personally don't like the way it looks but this bike will make sense for a particular segment of customers, surely.

For all those commenting on the price, please try and think back to 2008. We either had to buy an R15 or "port" our RXs and watch them seize even when riding within the city.

Most potential buyers will be looking at this threads. Don't make them not want to objectively judge the bike because of your prejudices on pricing and what you think is too expensive for you.
ak916 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 18:29   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
For all those commenting on the price, please try and think back to 2008. We either had to buy an R15 or "port" our RXs and watch them seize even when riding within the city.
Back in 2008, when R15 hit the Indian market it was in every sense a sibling of the Legendary R series from Yamaha. The Inazuma is inspired atleast aesthetically from B-king, but is it??. The R15, at that time, was a true milestone in Indian Motorcycle market in terms of the engine, technology, handling, reliability and build quality. Even now the 15 is selling and everyone who uses one says that it is worth all the pennies of that exhorbitant price tag they paid for. Seriously, nobody can complain about that little 150cc maniac of a bike which can give nightmares for big boys of the 200-250cc class. On road and on track. PERIOD.

Now, tell us how many of the above boxes the Inazuma ticks for proving its worth for 3L+ pricetag.

Quote:
Most potential buyers will be looking at this threads. Don't make them not want to objectively judge the bike because of your prejudices on pricing and what you think is too expensive for you.
Even the Ninja 250R ,when it was launched, was way beyond my budget. But still my prejudice mind told me that it is worth every penny of it, just because it was a path breaking motorcycle. And some day I might buy one although I would say that the 300 is steeply priced.
Old 21st January 2014, 18:36   #128
Senior - BHPian

Adding some more in price of Inazuma, one can buy a Duke 390 and ZMA or CBR, thus having two very capable bikes excellent for their respective utilities as against one.

I was waiting for Inazuma, but now that it is launched at this price, CBR suddenly looks a lot more logical and reasonable.
Old 21st January 2014, 18:41   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please objectively tell why one should pick this bike over the Duke 390?

To define if a vehicle is priced correctly, one needs to understand what is available in the price range and when you look at it objectively it looks way too overpriced for what it offers. Above 3 lakhs, I would get a Ninja Below 3 lakhs I would get a Duke, But 3.xx on the road for Inazuma, Definitely NOT.

But the good thing about this is that, this thing is doing to depreciate like a rock soon as you leave the show room, so I will be looking forward to picking up a used one down the line.

Even your post defending the Inazuma is purely emotional as no one can make an objective argument to support this bike.

This form and more so the xbhp forum consists of auto/bike enthusiasts. Do you think the whole bunch is mad to consider this bike overpriced??

Last edited by 4x4addict : 21st January 2014 at 18:47.
Old 21st January 2014, 18:47   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Back in 2008, when R15 hit the Indian market it was in every sense a sibling of the Legendary R series from Yamaha. The Inazuma is inspired atleast aesthetically from B-king, but is it??. The R15, at that time, was a true milestone in Indian Motorcycle market in terms of the engine, technology, handling, reliability and build quality. Even now the 15 is selling and everyone who uses one says that it is worth all the pennies of that exhorbitant price tag they paid for. Seriously, nobody can complain about that little 150cc maniac of a bike which can give nightmares for big boys of the 200-250cc class. On road and on track. PERIOD.
I absolutely love the R15. It is a great machine and totally relevant even today. That was the first good bike we had in a long time so nowhere is my post saying it is a bad bike. I am saying, that was like the only option we had in 2008 in the below 8 lac price range! There was this gap between an R15 and a FZ1 where no manufacturer offered anything. Right now that price gap is nicely plugged.

I read the last two pages of this thread and we are all discussing pricing. Isnt this bike priced in a similar category overseas too? Am I missing something?

It is one thing to say that it should have been priced 10-20% lower. It is a whole other thing to say it should have been priced at less than half its current price.

And to the manufacture-it-locally suggestion. Well, if this bike gets manufactured locally, do we think it will be priced at 1.5 lacs? Absolutely not. There is a huge cost involved in setting up the machinery to manufacture a new bike. And they will try and recover that from the initial lot of buyers effectively driving the price up.
Old 21st January 2014, 18:52   #131
Senior - BHPian

On a sarcastic note, you know how to make this bike sell? Stick it with a Royal Enfield logo. Then the pricing will start making some sense!

Quote:
I read the last two pages of this thread and we are all discussing pricing. Isnt this bike priced in a similar category overseas too? Am I missing something?

It is one thing to say that it should have been priced 10-20% lower. It is a whole other thing to say it should have been priced at less than half its current price.
Quoting an example, the Royal Enfield Classic 500 is sold in Europe at about 5000 Euros. Now, does that mean the C5 should be sold in India at a price tag of 4+Lacs INR?

Last edited by man_of_steel : 21st January 2014 at 19:02.
Old 21st January 2014, 19:00   #132
BHPian

IMHO Suzuki is good 8 years late in bringing this product to India. This would have been good competitor/alternative to erstwhile Ninja250 for its not so sportish riding dynamics with a 250cc twin. Presently N250 has been replaced by much advanced N300 and we have machines like Duke 200, 390, CBR250, Cafe Racer (sports cruiser) and Hysoung 250R.

Hard to see the positioning of this bike as it has none of power, looks (no offence but we have seen better), styling and utility (anyways why would anyone look for that at this point bracket).

It certainly looks like a practical commuter at an impractical price, more like an everyday bike with car price. Sorry Suzuki! Probably next time.

Last edited by Passiautonate : 21st January 2014 at 19:07.
Old 21st January 2014, 19:01   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

I am quoting this review from xbhp

"Twin cylinder, 248cc, 24.5 Bhp@7000 rpm. It will rev up to 10,500, but it feels on edge. The acceleration is nothing to write home about and the gears are pretty short. I was at a speedo indicated 110 kmph at 8000 rpm. And you can’t do this all day long, as the engine feels strained though smooth. It is not aimed at the performance bike category hence it can pass of a great premium performance commuter. "

250 Twin Cylinder with 6 speed gearbox doing 8000 rpm @ 110 kmph. Is this what is an unstressed Touring engine?

To further add from the review on Xbhp

"It should cruise at 80-90 all day long with a fly screen however. "

So, 3.5 lakhs OTR to cruise at 80 to 90?
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2014, 19:06   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Can you please objectively tell why one should pick this bike over the Duke 390?

To define if a vehicle is priced correctly, one needs to understand what is available in the price range and when you look at it objectively it looks way too overpriced for what it offers. Above 3 lakhs, I would get a Ninja Below 3 lakhs I would get a Duke, But 3.xx on the road for Inazuma, Definitely NOT.

But the good thing about this is that, this thing is doing to depreciate like a rock soon as you leave the show room, so I will be looking forward to picking up a used one down the line.

Even your post defending the Inazuma is purely emotional as no one can make an objective argument to support this bike.

This form and more so the xbhp forum consists of auto/bike enthusiasts. Do you think the whole bunch is mad to consider this bike overpriced??
Honestly, it doesn't matter to me what fate this bike meets. I would never buy this bike at any price point at all. I am not in the market for such a bike. What I like is they bought the bike to India and it has given the choice in the hands of the buyer.

Call it is overpriced. I like that word. I have used that word before myself. but please finish that sentence by saying things like - this retails elsewhere for x price and in India, it is priced at 100% over the price in that country, hence manufacturer ought to reduce the price by X%age.

Would you agree with that?

Let us get beyond the price debate for new launches. More options are there now for the buyer, no? And I am not emotional about this bike. I would not consider it if it was launched at 80k either, seriously.

Last edited by ak916 : 21st January 2014 at 19:10.
Old 21st January 2014, 19:14   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would never buy this bike at any price point at all.
I am glad that you cleared this up front

Quote:
I would not consider it if it was launched at 80k either, seriously.
After 4 Bullets and a horrible experience with the last Machismo 500, I swore off RE. I came close to getting the Duke, but seating is too leaned forward for my liking. I like the Ninja 300 but didn't want to spend so much. I quite liked the Inazuma and was hoping that they would launch it in the 2.5 range.

I honestly feel that at 2.5 ex show room, they would have found many guys like me who wanted a more conservatively styled touring bike. However, now it will be either the Duke 390 or the Ninja 300 but this one doesn't make sense to me any more.

You never intended to buy this, but some of us including your's truly was looking forward to this, so forgive us for being dissappointed with Suzuki.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks