Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2014, 12:28   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!

I hope Inazuma was taken down from Suzuki website to make way for 2015 models of Inazuma. Internationally the new faired model GW250F is added to 2015 portfolio.

Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh!-081814suzukigw250f3.jpg

It is costlier than the naked model by $500, so in India it will increase the price by 25-30k at least. If this model launches in India at sensible price, I think Inazuma can prove to be a turnaround sales.

In my test ride, I found Inazuma to be wonderfully smooth and relaxed ride, as if GS150R on steroids. No jumping out of skin acceleration, but provided a very good riding experience for two up riding with upright posture. I felt the wind blast after 80 was bit too much, as I am not at all used to naked bikes. If this GW250F launches at good price, then irrespective of the resale value, mostly I will jump aboard the Inazuma bandwagon
ani_meher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 12:36   #242
BHPian

Suzuki is discontinuing Zuma!!

I was expecting this once they removed it from the website. MB reports that Suzuki will pull the plug of Zuma from March 2015 and all the existing owners will continue to get service and spare parts support.
More info -> http://www.motorbeam.com/2014/12/bik...om-march-2015/
Old 15th December 2014, 12:42   #243
Team-BHP Support

Suzuki is likely to stop sales of the Inazuma in India from March 2015.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2014, 12:56   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Suzuki is likely to stop sales of the Inazuma in India from March 2015.
Sad news as expected. This bike "had" one of the most refined quarter-liter engines and plush ride comforts and quality. But at 183 Kgs, a dated design and initial price offerings of 3.1 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi), this bike just could not just sell (even after cutting of the prices by a lakh).
Old 15th December 2014, 14:31   #245
Senior - BHPian

The biggest problem for this Suzuki was the fact that there was an equally powerful (Honda) and then a much more powerful (KTM) motorcycle available for lesser money. I agree that the Honda and KTM can't hold a candle to the quality and refinement offered by the Suzuki. It is unfair to compare. In our market, this is how most folks look at a motorcycle. Value takes precedence over quality, comfort and whatever else that favoured the Suzuki. I did think the Suzuki made a genuine case for itself with the revised pricing. It is unfortunate that sales did not improve. Sad to see this one go.
Old 15th December 2014, 16:43   #246
Senior - BHPian

I called Swargate Suzuki and spoke to Sunny, the guy who manages Inazuma booking. He still maintains the stand that Inazuma is not getting discountinued, and all these news are rumours! Now what to make of it?

The price stands at 2.37L.
Old 16th December 2014, 12:16   #247
BHPian

This isn't a rumour. This was already predicted by a lot of folks here even before the bike launched. It was a not so appealing product launched at a high price tag in a market when competition had much better options to offer at lower prices. This whole saga is as if someone was pushing through their ego despite knowing this is a no go bike in the current market. :(
Old 17th December 2014, 13:41   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I called Swargate Suzuki and spoke to Sunny, the guy who manages Inazuma booking. He still maintains the stand that Inazuma is not getting discountinued, and all these news are rumours! Now what to make of it?

The price stands at 2.37L.
Call it a rumor till the stocks clear!

Suzuki rules the 4-wheeler market and are finding it tough in the 2-wheeler market even after 9-10 years in.
Old 17th December 2014, 14:57   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Suzuki rules the 4-wheeler market and are finding it tough in the 2-wheeler market even after 9-10 years in.
I would say that SMIL is just plainly not interested to sell budget motorcycles here in India. They had a number of good motorcycles in their hands like the GS150R, Inazuma and now the Gixxer to sell . IMHO, all the three were/are really good motorcycles. But improper marketing/promotion (or lack of it) and pricing killed these. I am telling this because a manufacturer should not find it really hard to sell motorcycles this good.
Old 17th December 2014, 22:37   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
I would say that SMIL is just plainly not interested to sell budget motorcycles here in India. They had a number of good motorcycles in their hands like the GS150R, Inazuma and now the Gixxer to sell . IMHO, all the three were/are really good motorcycles. But improper marketing/promotion (or lack of it) and pricing killed these. I am telling this because a manufacturer should not find it really hard to sell motorcycles this good.
Absolutely agree to you bro. The zuma was indeed a great product (subjective looks apart).

Also strangely all their products are named really badly. Zeus, Heat ?, Swish, GS150 ? Inazuma ? Swish ? Hayate ? SlingShot ? Let's ? comeon

Zeus - greek mythology is not that wellknown here per-se, and I have heard people calling it Jesus at times. Great bike though failed because of marketing. GS also sounds short for Zeus. How many of us really know the meaning of HAYATE ? I had to google to see what word it was and turned out its not an Indian origin name.

The name is equally important to the personality of a bike. Access is the only name properly given to the scooter which is doing really well in the market.

Pre Tvs Suzuki Split, all the bikes had a great punch to their names, viz: Shogun the legend, Samurai, Supra, Shaolin, etc. even Ind-Suzuki had such a great impact as far as the name goes.

Coming back to Inazuma - the bike had been in my top 5 list to acquire, sadly though its being discontinued and as expected the parts will go scarce. I had given this bike a huge thought because; it was classy, it had the power, it was an upgrade to the 150cc's, twin cylinder experience at affordable price (after the reduction) and it wasn't flashy. All the bikes that are above 150cc are either too flashy or too sporty mainly suiting youngsters / sportster's, Bullet wasn't an ideal everyday bike for me, and Inazuma had the dash of class to it too, being different from others yet not being overly "loud".

But as warned by fellow bhpian's here luckily I didn't go for it. I really hope for those few who bought it with so much love that they get good service and availability of parts in the future.
Old 18th December 2014, 10:12   #251
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki has indeed pulled out Inazuma from Indian market, due to poor sales figures since launch.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ia-392246.aspx
Old 20th December 2014, 11:14   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Suzuki has indeed pulled out Inazuma from Indian market, due to poor sales figures since launch.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ia-392246.aspx
It is actually a sad story because Suzuki Inazuma is a brilliant sports tourer. I had the pleasure of using it and it offered a very good linear power delivery, nice riding stance and no nonsense performance and brilliant comfort during my ride from Pune to Belgaum and back.

I have heard that Inazuma is a benchmark for Mahindra Mojo, which is slated to launch in first quarter of 2015 almost the same time when Inazuma will bid adieu.
Old 22nd December 2014, 13:37   #253
BHPian

Faired Gixxer should make a good case of reasonable tourer on Indian road. Based on ride quality of naked one, Gixxer with fairing sounds great to me.

Inazuma was for multiplex crowd (not in demeaning sense but as a matter of fact, I would have had purchased it if not for local dealer who broke the news of discontinuation to me). Gixxer is great proposition for mango people.

Frankly speaking, most of Indian cricket loving public does not understand test cricket. So talk of refinement is Hebrew to buyers.
Old 9th February 2015, 13:55   #254
Senior - BHPian

Saw Inanzuma in flesh for the first time and i must admit this bike looks good actually! anyways for a true biker it is all about how the bike feels when it is ridden.

As am searching for my next ride and still in "not so sure mode" this bike is slowly making it to "yes, this is it!" but when i checked on the Suzuki website i dint see the bike listed anymore on the site, so called one of the dealers in Bangalore and i was told that the bike is available and within a week(after the booking) it will be delivered.

Has anyone got any news on it? any upgrades coming our way?
Old 9th February 2015, 14:00   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Has anyone got any news on it? any upgrades coming our way?
Yes, The Inazuma is not officially sold in India anymore. The showroom guys are still clearing the old stock and that is how it is still available. And, I dont think the 'Zuma will be re-entering the Indian market!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks