Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2012, 15:45   #46
BHPian

Re: Tribute to the Jawa Yezdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
My bike (1995 Road King) does not have the mechanism as explained by him.

I still don’t understand the underpowered bit. The 250cc 16bhp Road King could do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds, which was excellent by the standards then.
The CDI ignition is not related to the ignition slot and key. The Y's started coming out with the ordinary key's way before Ideal Jawa introduced CDI's to try and increase fuel efficiency with the advent of the Jap bikes. There you go.

Underpowered when you take into picture that it was a 250 cc bike. If the same power was obtained from a 100-150 cc bike, maybe then it wouldnt be 'underpowered'. In the same way some people regard the ~20 horses of the Bullet standard to be underpowered given its 350cc engine.
Old 18th July 2012, 15:58   #47
Senior - BHPian

+1 VB-SAN. Yezdi did not have a huge top speed. But, the 0-60 was brilliant by the standards of those days.
The Enfields and Rajdoots were slower, though the Enfields always had a better top speed.
The Hero Hondas and TVS Suzukis were no match. All they did was quietly and frugally purr along like a Moped!
The only bikes that got any respect were the RX-100s or the Shoguns, which used to do comparable times on the 0-60 mark, or the 350cc Monster Yamdoot!
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 13:22   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
+1 VB-SAN. Yezdi did not have a huge top speed. But, the 0-60 was brilliant by the standards of those days.
The acceleration of the Y is truly brilliant, especially when you are running it on a Jikov instead of the lamer Pacco or the Mikarb that many people used for the few extra miles. The tall gearing gave you an extended pull especially in the first gear which gives quite a good feeling.

I wonder if roy_libran vb-san have taken my comments in the wrong light. I totally agree with the statement that it is a powerful bike, but I do see some sense when people say the power output of the engine is low.
A powerful bike, but an underpowered mill considering its 250cc's.
Old 26th July 2012, 15:30   #49
BHPian

Just stumbled upon this thread and what can I say the timing couldn't have been better.

I read through all the posts and would like to contribute to this thread in my own way.

My dad's 1st bike was a Yezdi classic 250 which he got rid of even before I was born.

In a few days we will be celebrating his 60th b'day and I thought of gifting him a similar yezdi classic as a surprise.

Have recently got hold of a yezdi classic CL II and is under restoration phase.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...ml#post2850796

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get one more yezdi back on the roads.
Old 6th May 2013, 00:57   #50
BHPian

S_patrick is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 22:21   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this 1971 maroon model on sale in Jayanagar, Bangalore

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 2nd August 2013, 14:44   #52
BHPian

Stumbled upon this thread while going through the forum and realised that i've struck GOLD!!!

My dad owns a '92 Yezdi Roadking and he swears by it. He'd owned another Roadking before this one which unfortunately,was burnt to charr when he'd met with an accident. He also had a Classic before he bought the Roadking.

Attaching a picture of the bike with my steed before i start an ownership review of both the bikes in some time.

Tribute to the Jawa Yezdi-yn.jpg
Porschefire is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 00:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Couple of days back, spotted an Yezdi Roadking being transported in a three wheeler at Kalamasserry. But what is noticeable is, it has been restored recently somewhere in Kochi and perhaps, is on its way piggy back to the owner's place . It sported a KL 9 license plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Tribute to the Jawa Yezdi-road-king.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 18th September 2013 at 00:20.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 12:05   #54
BHPian

posting this year's event.
site provides only 1mb space for upload. I have 2Gb size photos. could any one help how to upload these photos.

ananth
mysore
Old 18th September 2013, 12:20   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananth_shukti View Post
posting this year's event.
site provides only 1mb space for upload. I have 2Gb size photos. could any one help how to upload these photos.

ananth
mysore
Why not use an app like GIMP(free) and resize photo to 1280X800 or similar smaller size. Resulting file size when saved as 90% will be around 100-200kb
Old 24th September 2013, 12:55   #56
BHPian

My father owned a 1967 or 1969 (he is not too sure) Jawa when he was in Chennai. He sold the machine in 1977 or thereabouts. The Regn. no was MSS 6048. It was immaculately maintained. It was Black in colour when he sold it.

What i would like to know is, if there is anybody in this forum who owns this bike or knows the whereabouts of it. My Dad would love to see his first bike if he could. Could you guys help out?
Old 24th September 2013, 14:18   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Couple of days back, spotted an Yezdi Roadking being transported in a three wheeler at Kalamasserry. But what is noticeable is, it has been restored recently somewhere in Kochi and perhaps, is on its way piggy back to the owner's place . It sported a KL 9 license plate.
A super restoration job. I thought there aren't many Yezdi mechs left over in god's own country.
The bike appears to be perhaps a CLII with Roadking tank and accessories. The dummy oil pump box is missing in the clutch cover.
Old 26th September 2013, 22:55   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_patrick View Post
Hey everyone,
Starting this thread as a tribute to the men who built these bikes we love and to the ones who keep the spirit of these bikes alive!
Hello. Nice piece of info there.I recently acquired a yezdi 175 deluxe and am planning to restore it. Could you guys help me with the build.I am finding it difficult to get the spare parts and also mechanics who work on such old machines are hard to find. A little help will be appreciated.Thank you.
Old 27th September 2013, 12:08   #59
BHPian

Hi Vaibhav,

There is one Enfield Authorised Service Center - Sadguru service center on Sinhagad Road. The owner is Umesh Pawar. I have seen him working on Java / Yezdis.

I think he will be able to help you.

You can get his number from Royal Enfield website.
Old 8th October 2013, 14:11   #60
BHPian

Just want to know if anyone came across a set of pictures that someone shared on FB of the defunct Yezdi factory, it's like a massive barn find with engine blocks and parts lying all over the place, I can't seem to locate the link that I wanted to share!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks