Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2013, 12:57   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Royal Enfield Cafe Racer spotted testing. Edit: Now launched as Continental GT. Pg 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visran View Post
This bike certainly look's delicious, just loved the design of those rear view mirrors unfortunately the Indian version will come with a different design.
The bar end mirrors will be an accessory.
Old 15th September 2013, 13:17   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post

The bar end mirrors will be an accessory.
Thee is some rule/regulation in India which don't allow bar end mirrors AFAIK.
Old 15th September 2013, 19:05   #93
BHPian

re: Royal Enfield Cafe Racer spotted testing. Edit: Now launched as Continental GT. Pg 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Its intersting that on one side we have a Duke 390 producing 44 odd bhp and on the other hand we have RE still stuggling and churning out mere 29 bhp from its 500 cc block and it may get priced agains the duke - I find this as a crude joke.
Royal Enfield is like Harley they never speaks about bhp figures, torque is what counts.Cafe Racer delivers 44NM of them.please don't compare RE with Duke 390.Duke 390 is high revving high speed motor(DOHC) and RE is old pushrod engine low revving motor.RE dies out after 5000rpm. Yes this one is build for speed but like what old british cafe racers was (modified street bike for more performace from stock) not like new generation machines

Last edited by justin.das : 15th September 2013 at 19:14.
justin.das is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 20:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

Lovely bike. And since the time I've been struck with the Bullet bug, I've been sad why they don't build these bikes any more. Have always loved and looked forward for café racers. Always thought of them as the Genesis of superbikes and most importantly the clubman and the continental in my strongest opinion are the only true Enfield motorcycles. Something similar to what one would mean by the F40 being the true Ferrari ever.

This bike brings it all back. The tank, the clipons (yes it should have been under the yoke), the rearsets, the single café seat. The power is good enough. For it would mean good cruising speeds, good torque and good averages. All in all, a win win situation. Just hope that the quality is top notch and the service for these bikes are given an extra star.

Tempts me to either pick one of these or build another café soon. Missing them real bad.
Gordon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 09:31   #95
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India's review of the Conti GT, complete with exhaust note.

Regards

EDIT: The bar end mirrors, long seat and the up swept exhaust are all extras and not part of the bike. Which means, the bike probably will be factory fitted with the TB styled exhaust muffler.

Last edited by aah78 : 11th October 2013 at 22:23. Reason: Please use http while uploading YouTube videos instead of https. Thanks!
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 09:53   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
The restriction is on the manufacturers for selling it off the shelf. They have to have proper mirrors, saree guards etc.. Nobody bothers once the bike is on road! So they can sell it as an accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
.. the upswept exhaust are all extras and not part of the bike.
Now that was completely unexpected and disappointing! A horizontally mounted exhaust would never do any justice to that bike. :(

Last edited by n_aditya : 6th November 2013 at 15:52. Reason: back to back posts merged
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 07:22   #97
Senior - BHPian

ACI reports the launch date to be on November 26th.

Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...26-359851.aspx

Last edited by n_aditya : 10th October 2013 at 09:28.
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 07:36   #98
BHPian

Spotted these on Sunday in Bangalore. Has the Café Racer been launched??
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Cafe Racer spotted testing. Edit: Now launched as Continental GT. Pg 10-img_7553.jpg  

praveen_sathaye is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 07:39   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
All over the world actually.
Old 5th November 2013, 12:41   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
ACI reports the launch date to be on November 26th.
]
Yes the RE Continental will be most likely to be launched in Vagator, Goa during Rider Mania happening on the Nov 23rd Weekend.
Old 5th November 2013, 13:32   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_sathaye View Post
Spotted these on Sunday in Bangalore. Has the Café Racer been launched??
This was a promo event. Royal Enfield had riders riding the Continental GTs from MG Road to Phoenix Mall.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 17:05   #102
BHPian

For some reason, I feel that the Cafe Racer is not going to be a successful product. The Royal Enfield engines can never be used for any sorts of racing or sprint due to the enormous amount of weight which is definitely not suitable for a racing bike. The bike weighs an overall 184 kgs. It has a 535 cc EFI engine which just produces 29.1 BHP. The power to weight ratio is insufficient. Due to the longer stroke, the engine RPM and the maximum power is limited. The bike can't just go above 5,500 RPM.
Though their might be takers for its looks and Continental GT tag, but the street races might want to look toward other options like KTM Duke 390 and Kawasaki Ninja 300.
Old 6th November 2013, 15:13   #103
Senior - BHPian

The Indiranagar showroom in Bangalore is expecting their display piece of the continental GT by first week of Dec.

Also heard the tank isn't going to be poly-fibre? Regular ole metal will be used. Is this true? Anyone seen it first hand?
Old 6th November 2013, 15:54   #104
Senior - BHPian

I see from the pic posted above that the bike is shod with Pirelli Sport Demon tires (from the tread design).

I wonder if this bike actually requires high performance tires such as the Pirelli SD's.
Old 6th November 2013, 16:06   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I see from the pic posted above that the bike is shod with Pirelli Sport Demon tires (from the tread design).

I wonder if this bike actually requires high performance tires such as the Pirelli SD's.
From the POV of speed rating, yes, it is not necessary. But having a high performance soft compound tyre will never be a waste of money and unnecessary, it always helps. Here RE could have settled in for zappers, but they went a step ahead for the PSDs.. Much appreciated from my side! Going by the reviews, the CGT handles and brakes like no other Royal Enfields. A part of these applause needs to be given to the PSDs IMO.

I have a similar experience when I switched from the rear MRF NyloGrips of my TBTS to Pirelli MT-60 which is a soft compound dual sport. It made a world of difference to the handling, braking and also the wet performance of the bike. From the handling perspective, foot peg scrapes became a usual event at all tight curves during my routine Nandhi hills rides.
man_of_steel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks