Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2013, 12:50   #226
catchvinny

re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

I have noticed the dent on the exhaust pipe where it meets the frame, in all the display bike pictures (including the launch day ones). Though it may not affect the functionality, but for me its the only sore point aesthetically.

But I have not observed it in any of the international pics or videos (the ones which were available on the internet before the official launch here). I just wish the actual production units wont have it
  (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 13:06   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchvinny View Post
I have noticed the dent on the exhaust pipe where it meets the frame, in all the display bike pictures (including the launch day ones). Though it may not affect the functionality, but for me its the only sore point aesthetically.

But I have not observed it in any of the international pics or videos (the ones which were available on the internet before the official launch here). I just wish the actual production units wont have it
As mentioned by me earlier, its there in all 390s. Its a design element and not a one-off. There is no other way that bend pipe would fit between the frame and the engine.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 23:12   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree_Ganesh View Post
(8) They let the people who booked the bike to unveil it
Looks like KTM just can't do no wrong right now!
Old 6th July 2013, 10:10   #229
BHPian

And now KTM is all set to launch one more showroom in Chennai (apart from the upcoming one in Tambaram) . This is in Moggapair West , exactly at Wavin junction.
Old 6th July 2013, 16:25   #230

Wow! In Mogappair West, Wavin? Any idea about When exactly is this going to open? Been thinking of going to adyar showroom all these days to book the 390, but distance was the main hindrance, apart from being lazy.
Old 6th July 2013, 22:08   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranger View Post
Yes! Dukes of Pune, a group of KTM riders from Pune. Very active and always happy to welcome new riders. You can visit the 'Duke's of PUNE' page on FB.
Hope to catch up with you on future rides.
I tried joining the dukes of of pune on FB 2 days ago, seems my request has been declined
Old 6th July 2013, 22:38   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocamp View Post
I tried joining the dukes of of pune on FB 2 days ago, seems my request has been declined
What's your name on FB? Maybe I can help u get through.
Oranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 14:14   #233
BHPian

Quote:
What's your name on FB? Maybe I can help u get through.
My name on FB is Kunal Bhaskaran.
Old 7th July 2013, 16:06   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Noted! Will speak to the mods and get it done ASAP.
Old 7th July 2013, 19:58   #235
BHPian

Apex racing academy at Bangalore is planning to offer a basic training course on the Duke 390. It is proposed to be spread over two days with the emphasis on getting to understand and therefore derive the maximum driving pleasure.I am told that the costs could be Rs 3500. You are expected to bring your bike, so there's a question about commencement dates there. Mr.Anil Kumar Singh t 9845031273 or Mr .Abhishek at KTM Indiranagar should be able to give more details.
ramases6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 22:23   #236
BHPian

I read in another forum that Bajaj is overwhelmed with the response to the 390 and the high no. of bookings in a short span. Does this mean there is a good chance that Bajaj will do a Renault and increase the price right away? After all 1.8L has always been termed an introductory price and it's a well known fact that the dealers were also surprised with such pricing.

If they do, what is the kind of price we can expect? Also, I'm sure they'll lose all the accolades they have received till now! I have a strong feeling it's a case of chance pe dance maro from Bajaj!

Last edited by Added_flavor : 7th July 2013 at 22:24.
Old 7th July 2013, 22:32   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post

If they do, what is the kind of price we can expect? Also, I'm sure they'll lose all the accolades they have received till now! I have a strong feeling it's a case of chance pe dance maro from Bajaj!
They could have done it in the first place . They did not .
They will increase the prices , may be 4-5 months later ,like they did for 200. Don't think they will flip around and be greedy to increase the prices immediately .
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 00:17   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Please resend request for joining. It seems, the moderator ignored your request in oversight.
Have discussed it & will be done once your request is received.
Old 8th July 2013, 01:41   #239
BHPian

Today evening I went back to the KTM showroom in lower parel to check of I could get the test ride of the 390 however the guy said he hasn't received the demo bike as yet however he can offer the 200 for a ride instead which I sprung upon as I had yet to try one out. The minute I put the bike in gear I realized the hunger that the engine generates & how fast it wants to be ridden. I used to ride a 200CC Avenger before this and although it was a fast bike it was nothing close to this. Now this has got me thinking if a bike as powerful as the 390 will be feasible for city riding. I need a bike as a commuting option with a long trip or two in a few months. Has anyone else who has ridden the bike tell me if you found the bike as power hungry as the 200. Have the revised gear ratios given of a better power drive to ease city riding. I have booked the bike already but just in two minds right now. Will be taking the CBR 250 test ride also in this week to gauge the same thing. Also I am 6 ft plus i found the pushed back pedals a bit uncomfortable but guess it will take getting used to it.

Last edited by 90BHP : 8th July 2013 at 01:42. Reason: Goof up
Old 8th July 2013, 08:00   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Please resend request for joining. It seems, the moderator ignored your request in oversight.
Have discussed it & will be done once your request is received.
Done, thanks oranger

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks