Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2013, 01:08   #331
BHPian

re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Just tried to get more info about the D 390 from another 'bhp' forum but it seems all threads regarding the same have have vanished into thin air! About 70 pages under a similar thread as the one we currently are on are not to be found! Something definitely fishy going on. Now I am in 2 minds regarding my booking (#28, KTM Bund Garden), might drop the entire idea of buying the Duke if no concrete / re-assuring info comes out from KTM / Bajaj.
Old 26th July 2013, 07:58   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
Just tried to get more info about the D 390 from another 'bhp' forum but it seems all threads regarding the same have have vanished into thin air! About 70 pages under a similar thread as the one we currently are on are not to be found! Something definitely fishy going on. Now I am in 2 minds regarding my booking (#28, KTM Bund Garden), might drop the entire idea of buying the Duke if no concrete / re-assuring info comes out from KTM / Bajaj.
Is this the thread bro? There is one more test ride thread too. It's all still there.

http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/news/265...oom-delhi.html
Old 26th July 2013, 08:53   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
Just tried to get more info about the D 390 from another 'bhp' forum but it seems all threads regarding the same have have vanished into thin air! About 70 pages under a similar thread as the one we currently are on are not to be found! Something definitely fishy going on.
Are you talking about this or am I missing something here?

The website was down for sometime last night which made you believe this I guess. I do not think there's any data lost/removed there.
Old 26th July 2013, 09:38   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I am in 2 minds regarding my booking (#28, KTM Bund Garden), might drop the entire idea of buying the Duke if no concrete / re-assuring info comes out from KTM / Bajaj.
Remember the loss is snot KTM for this bike will sell irrespective of the delay. And they had clearly mentioned 90 day period and its hardly 30 days from the launch.

I really do not see any updates that Bajaj has to give at this point though they have re-assured delivery before 90 days.

Dropping out is good for people like us in queue on a side note
Old 26th July 2013, 11:59   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post

Dropping out is good for people like us in queue on a side note
Pondicherry KTM called me today morning and told me that 2 out of the 4 bookings before me have opted for the duke 200. Also that the first lot for Pondicherry is going to be 7 bikes and expected to arrive around the 10th of August.

Wierdly though they still arent authorized to give out test rides.
Old 26th July 2013, 18:28   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does it power wheelie?

No, it won't. The front wheel will bounce a few mm off the ground and if you really want to pop one, you have to ride the clutch, revv it and let go. It won't power wheelie like the bigger bikes do
So it does mean that we can still do 0-100 in less than seconds without worrying losing the bike and trying to control the front wheel to drop into the ground.

Not bad for old guys like me. I dont mind a bike on the road still doing 0-100 in less than 6 seconds.

But i do understand what we may miss. The experience of a super bike in a miniature version like the NInja.
Old 26th July 2013, 19:27   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post

So it does mean that we can still do 0-100 in less than seconds without worrying losing the bike and trying to control the front wheel to drop into the ground.
Yes, you won't have to worry about popping the front wheel unless you are slipping the clutch.

I whacked the throttle open in first when the bike was barely inching forward and clutch was disengaged completely and it just lunges forward in a mad way.

However please do not try anything like this without proper gear and on public roads, if you're unsure of what you're doing.
Old 27th July 2013, 02:38   #338
BHPian

My patience is growing thin. Why aren't people doing complete reviews? Why are test rides not available. Every new persons comment us making me feel the CBC is better suited for me. My prime requirement is city commutes if 50 km odd daily. Power has to be handy but not do much that it feels over powering to ride in traffic. Whatever experience I had of the duke 200 I loved it but can't say it was as easy to manouver in traffic not due to the weight but due to the clutch & the short gearing for me. That said fuel efficiency is somewhat of a criteria. Can someone suggest a way forward.
Old 27th July 2013, 12:19   #339
Senior - BHPian

Received a mail from the dealer saying test rides being given out only to customers who have booked the bike. Test rides only at the Marthahalli outlet as it permits a long test ride due to close proximity to ring road. Test ride camp only for today and tomorrow, that is 07/27 & 07/28. Karnataka RTO has finally approved the registration for KTM Duke 390.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 13:31   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
. Test rides only at the Marthahalli outlet as it permits a long test ride due to close proximity to ring road. Test ride camp only for today and tomorrow, that is 07/27 & 07/28.
Just took a long test ride at the outlet - all of it on the ORR.

Absolutely loved the brutal acceleration, the long gear ratios and that little bit of extra weight between your legs It goes with absolutely no drama though - no wheel liftups, no screeching on WOT, no frantic gear shifts, no constant redline hits. Wait, correct that, the redline did cut me off in the first 4 gears . Just pure performance really.
It will hit highly questionable speeds in no time and feels much more stable at those speeds. The grip from the tyres is simply fantastic. They said the KTM windscreen will come as an accessory but not the akrapovic. Time to source one myself.
It is a big step up over the D200 and any doubts about buying this disappeared faster than the traffic in the RVM.
niranjanrvce is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 22:19   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Received a mail from the dealer saying test rides being given out only to customers who have booked the bike. Test rides only at the Marthahalli outlet as it permits a long test ride due to close proximity to ring road. Test ride camp only for today and tomorrow, that is 07/27 & 07/28. Karnataka RTO has finally approved the registration for KTM Duke 390.
Does this mean that the other KTM outlets such as the ones at Indiranagar and Mekhri Circle aren't going to have a test-ride vehicle?

Also, since the registration issues are now sorted, did you manage to get info on when the deliveries are going to start?
Old 28th July 2013, 08:52   #342
BHPian

Looks like deliveries are slowly beginning. Pune has delivered a bike already. Info gathered from the other popular forum site
hsub is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 14:57   #343
Senior - BHPian

Took a test ride . Everything was done with peaceful manner . The bike is dead stable even at high speeds .Bike picks up speeds beautifully. First 4 gears are enough for the city , 5-6 are for highways . Did not feel any intolerable heat or excessive heat wave ( as exaggerated by others ) , for 400 cc thats acceptable . Did not stall even once . The added weight of the bike can be felt . One think I did not like was I was never able to lock the wheels however hard I tried .
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 15:56   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Took a test ride . Everything was done with peaceful manner . The bike is dead stable even at high speeds .Bike picks up speeds beautifully. First 4 gears are enough for the city , 5-6 are for highways . Did not feel any intolerable heat or excessive heat wave ( as exaggerated by others ) , for 400 cc thats acceptable . Did not stall even once . The added weight of the bike can be felt . One think I did not like was I was never able to lock the wheels however hard I tried .
Did you ask for the deliveries. When is it going to start in Bangalore?
Old 28th July 2013, 16:28   #345
BHPian

So after a long wait, i finally booked the bike. And i have also told the KTM guys that i would be needing the bike from the second or third lot. I am not in a hurry at all. And i can see deliveries have started. I am expecting my bike by September.

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks