Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2013, 21:23   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post

Did you ask for the deliveries. When is it going to start in Bangalore?
I went for the test drive today. All I can say is that its a worthy upgrade for my bullet.

Asked about the deliveries. The manager said that the deliveries start from mid of august. Thats when bangalore gets its first orange lot.

Mine is no130 at KTM Indiranagar, and was told that I can expect to get my bike in the second lot sometime in the first week of September.
Jaycee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 07:15   #347
Senior - BHPian

re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post

Mine is no130 at KTM Indiranagar, ...
How do you folks know your list #? I had a look at the receipt & did not find anything that resembles a priority #.

I booked at BTM layout on the day the booking opened around 3-4 pm.
Old 29th July 2013, 07:47   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

How do you folks know your list #? I had a look at the receipt & did not find anything that resembles a priority #.

I booked at BTM layout on the day the booking opened around 3-4 pm.
When I booked, I asked where do I stand in the queue.
Old 29th July 2013, 10:55   #349
BHPian

Tested the 390 on Saturday. Absoloutely loved it.
Those figures of 0-100 etc are not too far from reality. This bike is all about the jollies of riding a performance oriented bike that you can use everyday for everything.
The sole purpose of this bike is to plaster a BIG wide grin on the pilot's face every single time he/she rides it. Those of you with second thoughts and with 2ish Lakh with you, stop looking for reasons not to buy this baby. Just go and book one!

I'll say it: By far, the best production "made in India" bike ever! Finally!! Great going KTM-Bajaj!
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 10:56   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericK46 View Post
Does this mean that the other KTM outlets such as the ones at Indiranagar and Mekhri Circle aren't going to have a test-ride vehicle?
For now; Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericK46 View Post
did you manage to get info on when the deliveries are going to start?
I did not call the Indiranagar out let. Tired of asking them about delivery as it is still un known. Every time they email me about something, I reply asking for potential delivery dates and I get no response so I have left it as is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycee View Post
All I can say is that its a worthy upgrade for my bullet.
The Duke 390 cannot be called a worthy upgrade over your Enfield. It is a different class of motorcycle. I will not compare them.

Quote:
How do you folks know your list #
For me, it is on the receipt that they gave me for the booking amount.
Old 29th July 2013, 11:34   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
For me, it is on the receipt that they gave me for the booking amount.
Which #, Sandeep? I did see 2 possible candidates but neither said " sequence #" or some such thing
Old 29th July 2013, 11:38   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which #, Sandeep? I did see 2 possible candidates but neither said " sequence #" or some such thing
Hi Sridhar,
Congrats on your KTM Booking, so would it mean that you cancelled the TB booking that you had?
KTM 390 is a good bike no doubt on that.
Old 29th July 2013, 12:26   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Hi Sridhar,
Congrats on your KTM Booking, so would it mean that you cancelled the TB booking that you had?
Thanks!

I am Mr. Disaster recovery! I am yet to test ride the Duke. I wont cancel the TB booking until that happens. (It is not like they have the bike ready!)

But, the test ride has to be abysmal for me not to buy the Duke. Dont think that will happen. So, yeah, the 390 is the front runner as my birthday present to myself!
Old 29th July 2013, 12:33   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!
Good Going mate, agree with your view point. Pray do keep us posted and when is the Birthday? Should not be a case of just 2 birds in the bush with none in hand
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 19:46   #355
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Got a mail from KTM Indiranagar that there is a test ride camp organized at KTM marathahalli for sat/sunday (for the people who have booked). Went there on the sunday afternoon and stood in Q after the formalities. There were about 10 people head of me half of them 200 owners upgrading to 390. took more then an hour before i got my change. chatted with most of the guys after they finished their test ride, and all of them were mighty impressed with acceleration, handling, braking etc, including the 200 owners. the organizers were polite and enthusiastic, and the good part being, there was no pillion attached to the test rides. Later i heard, the reason being ,one of the reps almost fell off the bike as pillion.

Coming back to the test ride, we got a good stretch of road, with hardly any traffic. the bike was being ripped by all the test riders. Still there was not much of engine heat. weather was cool and cloudy with occasional light drizzle, as usual of Bangalore. sitting on the bike, the seat height, handle bar position felt fine. However, i was left searching for the foot rest. the clutch pull felt just about right, and the gear was engaged with nice assurance. Accelerated slowly, as i was not sure what to expect from a 43 bhp bike. took about 200 mts to acclimatise with the controls, and started playing with it. Playing as it felt like a toy. a very light and fast toy. the bike accelerates like crazy. its so rev happy, urges one to test their limits, rather then the bikes. 50 comes in no time in the first gear. doubt if 4,5,and 6th will be used in the city conditions. the braking felt sharp and sure, really confidence inspiring. tried running it slow in 5 and 6, but thats not the bike's forte. starts lugging and begs to be revved. Tried some hard breaking, but could not manage to engage the abs. ( guess did not brake hard enough, as the guy testing before me warned me to use caution while braking). handling felt sweet and nimble. did not feel any unwanted vibes. In just about 2 kms i was already feeling at home with the bike.

VERDICT: i am NOT cancelling my booking. pretty happy with the test ride, and looking forward to the delivery.

DISCLAIMER: for the last 6 years, i have been riding only Enfields. A classic 500 for last 3 yrs. So obviously my experience with the test ride is somewhat related. For eg, hunting for the foot rest on the 390. Also, i will have to adapt a bit, learn and un-learn some to ride in the 390, as its so very different from what i am used to riding. But i feel the transition is going to be smooth and quick.
coming to some points which might be helpful to fellow bulleteers. This is not a comparison per say, but just my feelings. The 390 feels light like a toy. the 390 feels more then twice as fast the c5. the 390 is as still as stork compared to the bulls. 390 felt as refined as extra virgin olive oil. much precise in braking, handling, cornering etc. Those looking for a fast bullet must test the 390 before you make your mind. Those really looking for bullets will not really look else where. Will have to munch some miles to get a more realistic idea, in varied conditions, but from this short test ride, aal izz well.
nasirkaka is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 23:35   #356
BHPian

I can see many bulleteers upgrading their rides, i being one of them. Have been riding a bullet for the last 9 years, I'm upgrading to the D390 too. Really cant wait or my ride to arrive.
Old 30th July 2013, 07:14   #357
Senior - BHPian

I have a 500. I will continue to have. That will continue to go to my son or daughter and he or she has to have it till i am alive. What they do after that i dont care. But i am also getting a 390 because i love the ride where its such a docile machine below 4000 RPM just like another pulsar.

But kicks into life post that on such a light weight machine is actually pretty good. Coming from 500 i actually dont mind the 100kmph at 5000 rpm. I guess my 500 does the same if i try riding it at 5000 rpm.

I will definitely sell the 390 and continue with the 500 legacy for sure
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 11:18   #358
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I have a 500. I will continue to have. That will continue to go to my son or daughter and he or she has to have it till i am alive. What they do after that i dont care. But i am also getting a 390 because i love the ride where its such a docile machine below 4000 RPM just like another pulsar.
i am getting the 390 as my second bike, mainly for daily commuting to work and short weekend trips. will continue with the C5 as along i use it regularly. Infact, i have some major mods planned for that bike in distant future. waiting for some parts from the continental GT.

Quote:
I can see many bulleteers upgrading their rides, i being one of them. Have been riding a bullet for the last 9 years, I'm upgrading to the D390 too. Really cant wait or my ride to arrive.
True, a lot of bulletters i know are interesting in 390, mostly as their 2nd bike. A lot of us bought the newer breed of bulls for the figures of 27.2 bhp and 42nm of torque, but were a bit dissapointed on the road. 390 would greatly appeal to them as a VFM, considering the cost and maintenance of a bull.
Old 30th July 2013, 13:16   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
True, a lot of bulletters i know are interesting in 390, mostly as their 2nd bike. A lot of us bought the newer breed of bulls for the figures of 27.2 bhp and 42nm of torque, but were a bit dissapointed on the road. 390 would greatly appeal to them as a VFM, considering the cost and maintenance of a bull.
I am one of them too. But for me it's always just one bike at a time. Hence D390 is going to be my sole riding partner. I use bikes only for long rides/Weekend rides and sure it's going to be fun on this machine.
SanthoshK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 14:28   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanthoshK View Post
I am one of them too. But for me it's always just one bike at a time. Hence D390 is going to be my sole riding partner. I use bikes only for long rides/Weekend rides and sure it's going to be fun on this machine.
Same for me too
+1 to that
Jaycee is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks