Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2013, 19:02   #931
Senior - BHPian

re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Any BHPians from Trivandrum going to get the bike delivered this week? Went to the ProBiking showroom on Saturday and saw 7-8 bikes awaiting registration and delivery.
Old 20th October 2013, 19:23   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Any BHPians from Trivandrum going to get the bike delivered this week? Went to the ProBiking showroom on Saturday and saw 7-8 bikes awaiting registration and delivery.

Yes, I will be getting the bike this week according to the dealer. I was about to call the dealer tomorrow regarding the number of bikes in the new lot. You answered the call even before I got to grab my phone
Old 20th October 2013, 22:10   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid12345678 View Post
Yes, I will be getting the bike this week according to the dealer. I was about to call the dealer tomorrow regarding the number of bikes in the new lot. You answered the call even before I got to grab my phone
Good luck.. I went in for a TD. But couldnt get as the staffs took a day off!
Old 21st October 2013, 01:15   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Good luck.. I went in for a TD. But couldnt get as the staffs took a day off!

Thanks . Same here. When I went for the test ride, they made me wait for a week by making cheap excuses such as the bike is in for repairs, there is a hartal 10km away etc etc. Finally they handed me the keys after I inquired the location of the nearest ATM

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 21st October 2013 at 08:50. Reason: "vagera vagera" edited. Please stick to English only.
Old 21st October 2013, 10:29   #935
BHPian

Lot of Dukes (mainly 390) ready to be delivered from KTM Bund Garden. The SA said the current lot should take care of initial bookiings and those who have crossed 90 days waiting. He again reiterated I should get mine by Oct end
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-dsc_0040.jpg  

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-dsc_0039.jpg  

Old 21st October 2013, 11:42   #936

I've been promised delivery on Wednesday (23rd Oct) for my bike (booking no. 63), by the folks at Indiranagar KTM. I have a few questions though...

1. What are the bills and papers you receive with the bike?
2. Thanks to Sridhu for the comprehensive PDI list. Can any BHPians comment on the quality of PDI done by the showroom people?
3. Spoke the manager and he says the service is done by Bajaj showroom in Domlur. Is that true? Anybody have any experience with service centers in Bangalore?

Last edited by siddhartharun : 21st October 2013 at 11:48. Reason: Specificity
Old 21st October 2013, 14:30   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhartharun View Post
I've been promised delivery on Wednesday (23rd Oct) for my bike (booking no. 63), by the folks at Indiranagar KTM. I have a few questions though...

1. What are the bills and papers you receive with the bike?
2. Thanks to Sridhu for the comprehensive PDI list. Can any BHPians comment on the quality of PDI done by the showroom people?
3. Spoke the manager and he says the service is done by Bajaj showroom in Domlur. Is that true? Anybody have any experience with service centers in Bangalore?

I've been giving my pulsar 220F here for service from the past three years, in fact, all my friends who stay in Indiranagar give their pulsars and dukes here for service. Good service, but we make sure we mention all the problems we face so that they are well aware of what needs to be done. A friend of mine owns a 180, has 1 lakh on odo and has always been serviced here. Personally, very happy from the past 27k kms

Pretty sure the place is going to be full of the new Orange beasts now, was passing by the Pro biking showroom yesterday and saw a container full of bikes being dropped off.
Old 21st October 2013, 16:13   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Lot of Dukes (mainly 390) ready to be delivered from KTM Bund Garden. The SA said the current lot should take care of initial bookiings and those who have crossed 90 days waiting. He again reiterated I should get mine by Oct end
One of them was mine Rode my new baby home today.
Old 21st October 2013, 19:43   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsub View Post
One of them was mine Rode my new baby home today.
Hey Congrats mate
Registration and all done? I am picking it up with temp number this week.
Old 21st October 2013, 22:32   #940
Senior - BHPian

Under 4-5K RPM in first 3 gears ,there are noticeably high vibrations on foot pegs and left side below the seat . Is it a know issue or others also noticed it ?
Old 22nd October 2013, 07:58   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Under 4-5K RPM in first 3 gears ,there are noticeably high vibrations on foot pegs and left side below the seat . Is it a know issue or others also noticed it ?
Its normal and at 4th or 5th gear you are already over 50kmph where wind speed and bike control takes precedence for you to feel the vibration.

Dont worry.
Old 22nd October 2013, 09:36   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Its the same way on my bike as well. Left foot peg is very jittery in low rpms.
Old 22nd October 2013, 22:29   #943
BHPian

Finally went to KTM late Sunday afternoon and made the balance payment. Did not opt for any loan. Have bought the bike in my wife`s name. I have opted for a special no. hence registration might take more time than usual. I can take the bike home on Wednesday or Thursday but don't know when I might take the delivery owing to busy schedule
Old 22nd October 2013, 22:57   #944
Senior - BHPian

The bike is quite good in rain. In fact i took all the gears i need to ensure my pleasure of riding the 390 everyday is not disturbed.

There is way more confidence in rain specially in the brake department and i am more worried about a doofus hitting me in the rear because he had pretty ordinary brakes.

Brakes are a big yes and the bike does magical speed at all gears whenever you need it.

I am getting used to the sound and yet i hate the sound when its stationary.

I definitely want to change the silencer
Old 23rd October 2013, 02:33   #945
BHPian

Got Duked by 43.5 ponies!!

My brother, Deviprasad Ghosh got his Duke delivered to him by none other than Kochi's "Rossi" Amith CS on the 19th Oct in Kochi. This is the very first lot of bikes delivered in the state as informed by the SA's. Its just a dream to ride, reminds me of the FZ1 in character, pops insane power wheelies in 1st . If my memory serves me right the last Indian manufactured bike which pulled a power wheelie was the legendary RD350 and now we have the 390.
Attached Thumbnails
The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-dev-390.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks