Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2013, 11:03   #916
BHPian

re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
Hi Bazinga. I read your post very late last night. As it is was I eagerly waiting for my ride but your post just made me over eager / borderline anxious. I had enquired at KTM about a month or more back & was told my no. had come down to 48 after a few deliveries & cancellations. I decided to call KTM today & check on the status but I knew I would not be able to do so due to extreme workload. But I got a call from KTM around 6:30 pm instead. The moment I saw 'Bajaj Probiking' flash on my screen my joy knew no bounds The lady said the bikes have come & will be delivered in the coming week once all formalities have been completed. The KTM store is all of 5 minutes from my office. I expressed my inability to visit them with the Documents due to work but the good lady offered to send an executive to collect the documents. I shall definitely try to visit them personally tomorrow & see the bike in flesh. 29 bikes have been delivered by them till now. Time to call my Bank & get a loan against FD as suggested by GTO. The last 3 months passed easily. Now these 5-6 days are gonna be terrible.
Me got a call yesterday as well around the same time. Am going to submit the documentation today and make the balance payment
Looks like my waiting days are done, as u said last few days would be painful. Will keep u guys updated ...
Old 19th October 2013, 16:35   #917
BHPian

Guys need help ASAP.... me made the balance payment today and I got to select a bike.
what exactly am I supposed to check??

I checked the total KMs run is 5. which is good.
There are no external scratches etc on the bike, its super clean and neat.
The accessories are already there i.e. Front additional mudguard, saree guard, tyre hugger etc...

Checked the VIN number, Looks okay, but does it tell u about the month of manufacture as well?? the VIN reading chart shows the year, is there any way to check the month of manufacture?

Let me know what else I can check? what should PDI cover?
Old 19th October 2013, 18:48   #918
Senior - BHPian

Usual PDI bazinga. I didn't even check the vin or engine number. The book let is evident enough they have a checklist for there is a sticker in the book let that clearly marks bike...engine...vin mapped to buyer name
Old 19th October 2013, 19:35   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Guys need help ASAP.... me made the balance payment today and I got to select a bike.
what exactly am I supposed to check??

I checked the total KMs run is 5. which is good.
There are no external scratches etc on the bike, its super clean and neat.
The accessories are already there i.e. Front additional mudguard, saree guard, tyre hugger etc...

Checked the VIN number, Looks okay, but does it tell u about the month of manufacture as well?? the VIN reading chart shows the year, is there any way to check the month of manufacture?

Wow, you are giving me a complex. I paid the balance amount early last week and didnt even ask any questions :(

Hope we all get the bikes soon and go out on a ride together
Old 19th October 2013, 20:09   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsub View Post
Wow, you are giving me a complex. I paid the balance amount early last week and didnt even ask any questions :(

Hope we all get the bikes soon and go out on a ride together
Sure thing...
Dukes of Pune meet...

Me needs to quickly sort out the riding gear... any good shops on Pune for Riding gloves / handle grip or helmet?

Where did you buy your gear from?
Old 19th October 2013, 20:27   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Sure thing...
Dukes of Pune meet...

Me needs to quickly sort out the riding gear... any good shops on Pune for Riding gloves / handle grip or helmet?

Where did you buy your gear from?
I bought all my gear from Planet DSG on M.G Road. They have a good collection for you to try.
Old 19th October 2013, 21:21   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi

I had created this list. A bit involved but think it covers it all!
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2013, 22:27   #923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Hi

I had created this list. A bit involved but think it covers it all!
Just went thru the list... Thanks a lot for listing everything down... Will keep this in mid while taking the delivery of my bike.
Old 19th October 2013, 23:31   #924
Senior - BHPian

Received today . Need time to digest .

The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-1270151_10151627048857391_279283122_o.jpg
black12rr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 02:41   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post
Which showroom have you booked from? the Vashi showroom has delivered many bikes. They also claim that they can deliver new bookings faster.
I have booked from the KTM showroom in Phoenix mills. Just went there today they said they have got 30 bikes till now & the rest will come hopefully by month end. Fingers crossed...
Old 20th October 2013, 08:57   #926
BHPian

Finally Went ahead and canceled the booking of duke 390 yesterday. I needed the bike in the last 4 months and KTM were not able to deliver in-spite of booking on the opening day. Even if I get the bike now, I may not be in a position to use it regularly. Now I will wait for KTM with longer range and a better rear seat.
Old 20th October 2013, 09:32   #927
Senior - BHPian

I have the bike from a week now. Here are impressions, i will put down stuff which has not been discussed yet.
  • Average / Below average braking with a 80kgs pillion from high speeds. The bike doesn't stop where you want to stop. So be careful with this guys. However brakes are decent when riding alone.
  • Check the tyre pressure. My bike came with 30 PSI in the front and 35 at the rear from the showroom. Bike felt unstable and wavy at 150-160. The recommended pressure is 25 front and 29 rear. Got the pressure corrected and now it feels more stable.

Will add more when i notice something.
heavy_foot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 09:49   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Finally Went ahead and canceled the booking of duke 390 yesterday. I needed the bike in the last 4 months and KTM were not able to deliver in-spite of booking on the opening day. Even if I get the bike now, I may not be in a position to use it regularly. Now I will wait for KTM with longer range and a better rear seat.
They just might release the adventure version of 390. At a little premium though.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 17:00   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
They just might release the adventure version of 390. At a little premium though.
Even I have my eyes on that. Hope it comes out early and is a VFM proposition like the 390.
Old 20th October 2013, 17:22   #930
Senior - BHPian

Had a Nice Ride to Pondy today.
Chennai Climate made me to do this sudden plan.
Took 4.5 hrs and 72 Kmph average Speed and returned 27 Kmpl. All data from Speedo Console. Just tested the Top speed. I achieved only 143 Kmph as my SOL Dual sport helmet spoiled the game. I felt dangerous air drag after 120 Kmph. I limited my self at 100-110 Kmph.
As everyone said, Metzler Tyres are good in Wet Roads.
Brakes are too good and I need to check the Chain as I heard a lot of chain noise at uneven roads as it might be lose.
Rest everything is good as intended. The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-image2347730745.jpg The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread-image1594280093.jpg

Last edited by aks_karthik : 20th October 2013 at 17:27.
aks_karthik is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks