Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2013, 21:34   #901

re: The KTM Duke 390 Ownership Experience Thread

Finally got onto Team-BHP! Been following this thread for weeks!

I'm still waiting for my Duke 390 to reach me from Indiranagar KTM (Bangalore). The last I checked (today morning), here are the latest updates for those who are still waiting.

1. The manager claims that starting on Thursday, they will be receiving 15-16 bikes per day. So that should speed up the delivery process.

2. No increase in the price of the Duke 390 yet.
Old 15th October 2013, 21:53   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post

You nailed it. Just be very careful on city roads. Please do not do what this guy does.
http://Youtu.be/i7VJLYzYn5k

To me testing this bike like this in these roads are completely wrong. Doing over 120 in those roads is not just dangerous for the rider but for others. Many things can go wrong at those speed.
That is insane unsafe riding putting all the other citizens on road at risk.
Knowing the ORR traffic, he was playing with fire and lives of countless people for his two minutes of glory.
Probably from KTM marathahalli and enjoying a joy ride denied to the common people.
Old 16th October 2013, 14:46   #903
BHPian

Caled up KTM Bund garden today morning. Some encouraging news. LAdy said now they are getting 15-20 bikes per week. Deliveries will be fast. I booked on 10th August and my current rank is 68. She adviced i should get the bike by last week of October.
Old 16th October 2013, 14:48   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
Caled up KTM Bund garden today morning. Some encouraging news. LAdy said now they are getting 15-20 bikes per week. Deliveries will be fast. I booked on 10th August and my current rank is 68. She adviced i should get the bike by last week of October.
Is the Bullet staying?
Old 16th October 2013, 14:57   #905
BHPian

Quote:
What was your number when you booked? Just wanted to see the movement in the numbers since u booked and today
Old 16th October 2013, 15:24   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid12345678 View Post
Just saved myself from getting a royal ride. Though Bajaj Auto is planning a price hike but haven't done yet. Spoke to the dealer and he rolled back to the previous amount as if nothing has happened. Saved 5k.
390s have reached the TRV showroom? Think I saw two in display last eve.
Old 16th October 2013, 15:40   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Six bikes have been delivered here in Trivandrum. I will be getting mine this week
Old 16th October 2013, 18:16   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
What was your number when you booked? Just wanted to see the movement in the numbers since u booked and today
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Who is the dealer in Trivandrum ? Probike/Deedi Vazhutacaud ?

Baziga - all the best and ride responsibly

Best Regards and Ride Safe

Ram
Old 17th October 2013, 06:25   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Who is the dealer in Trivandrum ? Probike/Deedi Vazhutacaud ?
Yes it's Probike/Deedi Vazhuthacaud.
Old 17th October 2013, 10:08   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Is the Bullet staying?
Doc the Thunderbird stays. Ideally i will prefer Duke 390 and TB 500 in the garage. May be couple of years down the line. For now the old TB will stay.

Quote:
I booked on 10th August. At that time the number was 113 or so. The lady said my efective number now is 68 considering the bikes delivered, cancellations, etc. Based on your last posts you seem to be ahead of me in the queue.
the VTEC guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 10:28   #911
BHPian

Quote:
I booked on 10th August. At that time the number was 113 or so. The lady said my efective number now is 68 considering the bikes delivered, cancellations, etc. Based on your last posts you seem to be ahead of me in the queue.
Little ahead of you in the queue. I was told my effective waiting number is 35. Lets see when I get my ride...
They are currently in the 50s in terms of delivery according to the booking numbers.
Old 18th October 2013, 23:36   #912
BHPian

Quote:

Little ahead of you in the queue. I was told my effective waiting number is 35. Lets see when I get my ride...
They are currently in the 50s in terms of delivery according to the booking numbers.
Hi Bazinga. I read your post very late last night. As it is was I eagerly waiting for my ride but your post just made me over eager / borderline anxious. I had enquired at KTM about a month or more back & was told my no. had come down to 48 after a few deliveries & cancellations. I decided to call KTM today & check on the status but I knew I would not be able to do so due to extreme workload. But I got a call from KTM around 6:30 pm instead. The moment I saw 'Bajaj Probiking' flash on my screen my joy knew no bounds The lady said the bikes have come & will be delivered in the coming week once all formalities have been completed. The KTM store is all of 5 minutes from my office. I expressed my inability to visit them with the Documents due to work but the good lady offered to send an executive to collect the documents. I shall definitely try to visit them personally tomorrow & see the bike in flesh. 29 bikes have been delivered by them till now. Time to call my Bank & get a loan against FD as suggested by GTO. The last 3 months passed easily. Now these 5-6 days are gonna be terrible.
Old 19th October 2013, 03:45   #913
BHPian

Guys is there a reason why the Mumbai stores are not getting their bikes? We are stick at 13 since the last 2 months. It's getting increasingly frustrating. I am at 110+ days now.
Old 19th October 2013, 07:58   #914
Senior - BHPian

@90bhp..thats incredibly stupid of KTM not to deliver post 90 days.

110+ days is ridiculous. Post it on their FB. Chennai delivery has picked up big time..Over 45 delivered is what i heard for a friend of mine was 38 and his was delivered as well.
Old 19th October 2013, 08:47   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Guys is there a reason why the Mumbai stores are not getting their bikes? We are stick at 13 since the last 2 months. It's getting increasingly frustrating. I am at 110+ days now.
Which showroom have you booked from? the Vashi showroom has delivered many bikes. They also claim that they can deliver new bookings faster.

Most Viewed