Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2015, 21:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Rumour: Royal Enfield trademarking the name "Himalayan" for its apparel range

Yup that's the bike, Himalayan. basically a modded version of GT but i think this mod looks good and should serve the purpose. i was almost thinking that i wont go for the "third" RE, and had started looking at some jap bikes but after seeing this bike am kind of in love. infact i saw one more pic which is shot from different angle/side, and the bike looks hot and wild.

I somehow was super bored with the retro look, this new look is refreshing. hope the pricing is right.

Am not having much expectation on reliability part, after owning 2 RE's for more then a decade, i know what to look forward for but just hope RE gets proactive and pushes its dealer to give better support..
Old 14th February 2015, 23:27   #32
BHPian

re: Rumour: Royal Enfield trademarking the name "Himalayan" for its apparel range

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Yup that's the bike, Himalayan
Do you mean that the motorcycle in the pictures is the actual product that royal enfield intends to release, the "Himalayan"?

Regards

BOV
Old 15th February 2015, 06:03   #33
Senior - BHPian

Yes BOV, it looks like this is how "Himalayan" will look, and i hope it does as the bike looks hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O V View Post
Do you mean that the motorcycle in the pictures is the actual product that royal enfield intends to release, the "Himalayan"?

Regards

BOV
Old 17th February 2015, 11:35   #34
BHPian

If this thing has more than 5 inches on suspension travel then count me in.

I hope RE brings different engine options for this model and seriously hope they go through some intense cardio and loose some of the fat. Its time RE realizes increasing cc is'nt the only way of increasing performance.
Old 18th February 2015, 12:26   #35
BHPian

"Himalayan", seems like a cue, that RE is contemplating something similar to the BMW Enduro. Well if that be the case, RE could claim to be the first, to introduce cross-country bikes in India.
Was actually thinking of going for a RE C5 Desert Storm, by the end of this year. But seems like I have to stay put, till they launch this new bike. But, it is around time, that they bring in something peppy and eager to be ridden hard. May be this could add a little flavour to the now, "just cruiser" image.
Old 18th February 2015, 13:10   #36
Senior - BHPian

Well well Himalayan might not be what we have seen, i mean the pictures posted here but supposed to be very promising one with a new engine. hope they launch it soon!
Old 18th February 2015, 13:14   #37
BHPian

As much as i appreciate the new outlook of Royal enfield towards newer products and creating a niche in the market with unique products like the continental GT, they should not compromise on the weight of the vehicle.

The Scrambler, Cafe Racer all are result of weight/ fat reduction that people used to do back in the day from the stock bikes. Whereas Gt i fell is super heavy for the purpose it was made, so hopefully the Himalayan should have decent engineering to have stability as well as light enough for efficient maneuvering.
Old 18th February 2015, 17:52   #38
BHPian

From the current international lineup it seems only the Enfield Fury has not been launched here.

RE FURY

Given the sucess of all the recent UCE models, I really hope this does not come as a scrambler with the same engine and named as Himalayan. Something like the 400 cc or the maybe a "twin" will make things drool worthy.
Old 18th February 2015, 22:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

^^ Actually, I would love the simplicity and low torque availability of a single instead of the added heft of a double. Plus to feed a hungry double cylinder would mean a bigger fuel tank which again makes the bike porky. Not good. But hey, if it means considerably better performance then why not

And scramblers are pure sexy IMO. Minimalist and very to the point, no nonsense, practical designs. I would however like it so that there are options to easily mount luggage without sacrificing the pillion perch
Old 19th February 2015, 00:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

Correction. Please read "low torque availability of a single" as "torque availability at relatively low RPMs"

Mods - Apologies for the b2b posts
Old 20th February 2015, 16:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

Visordown scoops a chance of a 410cc OHC and a Parallel Twin from Royal Enfield!

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...ear/26302.html

Quote:
He(Source) said one of the new 410cc machines would be a scrambler-style model.
man_of_steel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2015, 19:02   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Visordown scoops a chance of a 410cc OHC and a Parallel Twin from Royal Enfield!

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...ear/26302.html
Now that indeed is a good news- "A 750 cc twin cylinder": But I must add that I will not be going for it immediately on production. I will wait a couple of years for RE to make perfect it's new creation and for our mechanic friends at RE ASS to get to know what they are servicing.
regards adrian

Last edited by adrian : 20th February 2015 at 19:04.
Old 20th February 2015, 21:29   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
I will wait a couple of years for RE to make perfect it's new creation and for our mechanic friends at RE ASS to get to know what they are servicing
Haha!

Exactly my thoughts, as it is our a.s.s babus have enough trouble with the humble single cylinder.Imagine if they go all like;

sar,This double cylinder, double problems

Although I suppose RE would provide training or something.

So it seems like an ohc might indeed make its way on the Himalayan. Good news on the whole.

Regards,

BOV
B O V is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 08:10   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O V View Post
Haha!

sar,This double cylinder, double problems
The punch line says it all.
The false assurance from RE ASS will now be as follows : " Aap befikar gaadi chalaayiye saab. Yeh twin cylinder motorcycle hai. Ek cylinder nahi tho ek saroor apna kaam karega"

Two cylinders, four spark plugs, overhead cams, more HT lines and ignition coils. God help the customers of RE. I hope they launch the DIY DVD and make it available to the customers too, well in advance
regards adrian

Last edited by adrian : 21st February 2015 at 08:16.
Old 21st February 2015, 08:35   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingri View Post
Surprisingly my 2004 TBird 50K on the clock, has been quite low maintenance. The major problems have been the cams which were replaced along with the push rods pinions and the the grudgeon pin. The chrome still shines, paint is still good, no rust issues. Zero electrical problems. I have attached a list of maintenance expenses for reference add about 5k that is not in the list.
Whereas the service guys are a rip off, whether company owned or outside ones. The last 3 years or so I have been maintaining it myself mostly because of these experiences, even now it is good for a 500km road trip any day.
I cringe at that incredibly low maintenance over 5 years, I got mine in 2011 and have replaced the cylinder and so muany small things and this thing still give me creeps.

I think whatever enfield is up to they certainly need to improve quality and probably loose a bit of fat without compromising on stability.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks