Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2017, 11:40   #226
Team-BHP Support

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
1. Solution already posted here -

Thanks.

How is it with those tubed tires? Punctures?

And what if someone wishes to upgrade the headlamp rather than add aux lamps.
Old 7th February 2017, 15:17   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How is it with those tubed tires? Punctures?

And what if someone wishes to upgrade the headlamp rather than add aux lamps.
Well, I came back from Ladakh terrain without a single puncture. I have had one locally which was easily repaired.

For headlight, you can look at upgrading the bulb to something like this - Philips 12342XVPB1 H4 X-treme Vision Plus Car Headlight Bulb (12V, 60/55W) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B010VNEH86/..._gEzMybNTRB9SM

Cheers...
Old 7th February 2017, 23:07   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer

Quote:
How does the bike feel at 120 kmph? Does it sound strained? Also, how is the braking at those speeds?
Old 8th February 2017, 08:25   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How does the bike feel at 120 kmph? Does it sound strained? Also, how is the braking at those speeds?
Best cruises at 100~110. No strain. Max speed is around 135~140. Braking is quite good for a change.
Old 10th February 2017, 14:11   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Best cruises at 100~110. No strain. Max speed is around 135~140. Braking is quite good for a change.
I guess it also depends on the load. Recently rented a Himalayan for a 10 day ride to Bhutan, with a full load of luggage (~30kgs) and pillion (~60kgs), and not to forget my weight (~95kgs).

On the straights, the bike struggled to go beyond 100kmph. It did manage 110kmph, but I did not want to push it further as the bike felt as it did not like it all. There were vibes, and motor sounded quite reluctant. Of course it could be an issue with my rental too, but it was fairly new (less than 10K kms).

Felt another issue on my ride, with all this load if the bike would be stopped on a incline it really struggled to get it self going upward, had to rev it to 2-3K RPM to get it moving. Again, could be a one-off case with my rental but with load the LET did seem on the lower end. It was an entirely different animal with the luggage removed though.

Loved what RE has done with the bike, just wish the engine package was a little better would have been a no-brainer purchase for me.

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-img20161229wa000501.jpeg
praful is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 14:18   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
could be a one-off case with my rental

Loved what RE has done with the bike, just wish the engine package was a little better
Definitely seems a issue with your rental bike. I had taken the bike fully loaded to Leh, though without a pillion as the whole space was occupied by my luggage (see my Leh photos for that). If the bike is perfectly tuned there should be no such acceleration issues as mentioned by you. The bike is relatively new and tuning and tappet adjustment does need a expert mechanic. I did 120+, with luggage, with ease on the Plains.

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 12:49   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Definitely seems a issue with your rental bike. I had taken the bike fully loaded to Leh, though without a pillion as the whole space was occupied by my luggage (see my Leh photos for that). If the bike is perfectly tuned there should be no such acceleration issues as mentioned by you. The bike is relatively new and tuning and tappet adjustment does need a expert mechanic. I did 120+, with luggage, with ease on the Plains.

Cheers...
Just saw (on facebook) that your himalayan is up for sale - what gives?
Old 7th March 2017, 12:52   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet.S View Post
Just saw (on facebook) that your himalayan is up for sale - what gives?
I have other bikes in the stable to do justice to the Himalayan. Just can't ride it enough. Hence looking for a good home for it.

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 13:08   #234
Senior - BHPian

For all the Himalayan haters (and lovers) out there...

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 17:52   #235
BHPian

Hi dkaile! Could you please tell me how the RE rain boot covers fared on your trip? Would you suggest those for a rain ride through the hills.?
Old 8th May 2017, 21:04   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Could you please tell me how the RE rain boot covers fared on your trip? Would you suggest those for a rain ride through the hills.?
I was using waterproof boots as it is and needed the rain cover only once or twice for some river crossings. They were OK but were slightly small for my boot size 10. Rest they served their purpose.

Cheers...
Old 26th May 2017, 07:28   #237
Senior - BHPian

Sadly, sold off my Himalayan yesterday with 4956kms on the odo and still looking and riding as brand new. Will miss this great adventure tourer which bought me back from Ladakh in one piece without even so much as a puncutre. For better things to come.

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-himalayan-sold-25052017_3.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-himalayan-sold-25052017_2.jpg

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks