Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2016, 22:36   #151
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer

Your thread is the most detailed and most fascinating to go through. I have not seen such a detailed and maintained and updated thread.
I have nothing to say- except- WOW.
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 16:32   #152
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer

Final Leh Preparations

So with the Srinagar route in turmoil, decided to change the itinerary to enter via Manali side. Maybe we can add a day for Kargil and Lamayuru.

Bottles being fitted in Viaterra Claw Mini Bag

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-bottles-viaterra-claw.jpg

First Aid Kit pinched from my Harley portfolio and some essential medicines including Diamox 250mg

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-medicines-first-aid-kit.jpg

This is the Self Declaration Form that needs to be filled for crossing through Rohtang side for Inner Line Area Permits. Also carry 5 photocopies each of your Driving License, Registration Certificate of your Bike, Insurance, PUC Certificate and some ID like Aadhar Card.

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-rohtang-declaration-form.jpg

Fitted the BOLT USB Charger Phone case to the side frame and strangely the USB charging also started working well with the original USB cable of the phone. Fingers crossed.

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-boltt-charger-phone-case-attached.jpg

Also got these Gum Boots, just in case, for 300 bucks

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-gum-boots_2.jpg

I had ordered another waterproof phone mount from Amazon (650 bucks) which also arrived today

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-waterproof-phone-mount_1.jpg

It is a little tight for my 5.5" phone but somehow fitted inside as I didn't have time to return and reorder

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-waterproof-phone-mount_4.jpg

Fitted to the Bike, 5 minutes job

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-waterproof-phone-mount_6.jpg

How it looks from the back

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-waterproof-phone-mount_7.jpg

View from the saddle

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-waterproof-phone-mount_8.jpg

Engine Oil etc. were transferred in plastic bottles for easy portability

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-engine-oil-etc.jpg

This is my total luggage to be carried, somehow... lolz

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-total-luggage.jpg

Also trying to fit in this Lotto Warm water resistant Jacket as a spare

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-lotto-water-resistant-jacket.jpg

In case anyone is interested, live updates, wherever possible, of my trip will be on the Facebook Page of the "Royal Enfield Himalayan Owners NCR Group" here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/5832...homepage_panel

Cheers for now...

Last edited by dkaile : 25th August 2016 at 16:34.
dkaile is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 22:05   #153
Senior - BHPian

I have uploaded the Himalayan's Owner's Manual in pdf form here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4042753

Also the Self Declaration Form for Inner Line Permits in Leh is attached here in pdf format -

Self-Declaration-Form-for-Inline-Permits-for-Indians.pdf

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 17:52   #154
Senior - BHPian

All set for departure

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 26th August 2016 at 17:53.
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 17:59   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
All set for departure

Cheers...
All the best sir. Looking forward for to see the travelogue and some breathtaking pics .
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 18:01   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
All set for departure
All the best Dkaile, I am overseas else would have met you somewhere around Chandigarh
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 18:35   #157
Senior - BHPian

All set for departure

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-leh-departure_9.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-leh-departure_5.jpg

Starting odo

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-leh-departure_2.jpg

Kit ready

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-leh-departure_1.jpg

Some part of HD coming along with the RE... lolz

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-leh-departure_8.jpg

Cheers....

(Mods - Sorry for the duplicate posts. Somehow the images did not load earlier)
dkaile is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 19:01   #158
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

All the best Dkaile! Ride safe and for non-FB users, please put up a regular update here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
Your thread is the most detailed and most fascinating to go through. I have not seen such a detailed and maintained and updated thread.
I have nothing to say- except- WOW.
Agree 100% with you H&A. I direct my friends to this thread whenever they ask me about the Himalayan. Very informative and detailed!
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 22:55   #159
BHPian

Go get em Dkaile!

The zest and enthusiasm with which you have documented a very well thought out prep plan for the expedition is sure to motivate a multitude of bikers, Himalayan or otherwise. I'm also sure that this thread shall serve as a ready reckoner for future Himalayan riders planning for long rides to the Bulleteers' Mecca.

I've used Cramster for so long now, right from the saddle bags to their jacket to their warm weather and tundra touring gloves I sometimes wonder why they have become so disliked on this forum. I haven't bought from them for over two years now but whatever I did is rock solid and still serviceable.

What I like about your kitting is the mix and match. The what is comfortable and easy to pack and carry rather than brand loyalty or what's trending. Biking, especially long distance rides should be about travelling with familiar, tried and tested equipment rather than fancy stuff that might have worked for some but might not necessarily work for you.

Best of luck, Ride Safe and keep us posted.
Old 28th August 2016, 00:26   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Final Leh Preparations
..In case anyone is interested, live updates, wherever possible, of my trip will be on the Facebook Page of the "Royal Enfield Himalayan Owners NCR Group" here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/5832...homepage_panel..
Am sure there will be numerous. I will be one for sure. And if you can turn weekly test rides and preparatory procedures into an enjoyable read, can well imagine what a blockbuster would your next travelogue be, with the FB updates being the trailers.

Quote:
All set for departure
Cheers...
Enjoy the trip!!
Old 29th August 2016, 17:32   #161
BHPian

@dkaile dhiraj bhai excellent thread as always posted by you. I am eagerly awaiting to read about your full trip. I really love the small details of your posts. Best wishes for your trip.
Old 5th September 2016, 12:16   #162
BHPian

@Ayon,this looks like a cone set issue. Lookup a vlog by "as I ride motovlogging", he is facing some issues with his bike and he had the same issue.

@dheeraj sir, how's your bike performing? I have booked the bike and tomorrow I am being asked to pay the amount. Looking at the video log of Samraat I am contemplating whether to buy the bike or not. What do you suggest?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th September 2016 at 19:52. Reason: u > you, ur > your.
Old 8th September 2016, 15:56   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
@Ayon,this looks like a cone set issue. Lookup a vlog by "as I ride motovlogging", he is facing some issues with his bike and he had the same issue.

@dheeraj sir, how's your bike performing? I have booked the bike and tomorrow I am being asked to pay the amount. Looking at the video log of Samraat I am contemplating whether to buy the bike or not. What do you suggest?

Don't worry go ahead with your booking, if you ready to live with some niggles, all new products have them, that does not prove the bike is bad. I was going through the same emotions as you are right now. Even Samrat had issue but its well addressed by RE.

RE has taken complains on this bike very seriously, The new batches come addressed with most of the niggles.

My Bike gets delivered this Sunday, supper excited !

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th September 2016 at 19:52. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 8th September 2016, 16:22   #164
BHPian

@madtiger. Thanks sir. I am due to get the bike on Sunday as well. Cheers
Old 9th September 2016, 15:02   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
@madtiger. Thanks sir. I am due to get the bike on Sunday as well. Cheers

Congratulations!! Which Dealership ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks