Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2016, 11:45   #76
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer

Hi Dkaile,

Can you 'shed some light' on those auxiliary LED lights? Review, Pics and price if possible. Thanks.
Old 19th July 2016, 12:22   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
Can you 'shed some light' on those auxiliary LED lights? Review, Pics and price if possible. Thanks.
Please refer back a few pages. All 'light' has been shed on that subject.

Cheers...
Old 19th July 2016, 13:27   #78
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Please refer back a few pages. All 'light' has been shed on that subject.

Cheers...
Thanks. I am following mostly all the threads on the Himalayan currently. Guess i wasn't caught with this one. Great price. Can you post a pic of the light throw at night? Do they have a proper beam pattern? or are they like floodlights. I would prefer to have slightly cohesive beam rather than the flood lighting (as they cause lot of issue in fog.)
Old 19th July 2016, 13:44   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
Can you post a pic of the light throw at night? Do they have a proper beam pattern?
These lights have a more wider spread rather than a spotlight one. Suits me perfectly. Also has great visibility as a DRL in the daytime. Don't have any long throw photos, just these ones.

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-auxillary-light-throw_1.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-auxillary-light-throw_2.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-auxillary-light-throw_3.jpg

Great bang for the buck. Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2016, 20:48   #80
Senior - BHPian

The carburetor: What is the make/ model?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 19th July 2016, 22:37   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
The carburetor: What is the make/ model?
I think it's a UCAL. No idea about the model though. Recently 2 Himalayans went up to Leh together. One ran rich and had trouble and had to replace the jet at Leh while the other one ran OK on stock arrangement. Strange! Also this carburetor is supposedly designed to work till 12k feet in stock condition and then requires rejetting. Need to confirm this though.
Old 20th July 2016, 19:20   #82
Senior - BHPian

The Brutes Together...

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-harley-himalayan_1.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-harley-himalayan_2.jpg

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-harley-himalayan_3.jpg

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 21:32   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think it's a UCAL. No idea about the model though.
Guess it will be the Mikuni BS series. If so, tuning/ setup information should not be difficult to find.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 26th July 2016, 10:29   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Brutes Together... Cheers...
Awesome snaps Dhiraj! What's missing from the pics is your Gajraj if you know what I mean.

Keep those revvs high my friend. Cheers.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 12:18   #85
BHPian

Quote:
The Brutes together
Cheers...

You might call me prejudiced. But to me the Himalayan looks sexier than the HD. May be because is almost naked 😜
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 16:51   #86
Senior - BHPian

1st Puncture today

First puncture in the rear tyre

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-himalayan-1st-puncture-27072016_1.jpg

The culprit

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-himalayan-1st-puncture-27072016_2.jpg

The tyre levers turned out to be too small to open the tyre easily. Will need to upgrade to 10" heavy levers for easy removal.

Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-himalayan-1st-puncture-27072016_3.jpg

This puncture thing can be a big headache especially on desolate roads. Luckily this one happened after I had reached home. Most tyre solutions (Seelin etc.) are yet to withstand the test of time and may also hamper high speed handling. Converting to alloys is a total NO NO on this class of bike. Using Tubeless Conversion Kits (like from Outex, Japan) may work but is costly (around 150$+customs) and will require a further investment to shift to Tubeless Tyres and may also not work with 100% assurance on these stock rims. So investing in Rims will again be a costly investment. Best JUGAAD right now is to build some muscle and learn to patch up the tyre yourself...lolz.

Tyre Repair Tip - Keep a inflator handy. Remove the nail ASAP so that there is NO damage to the tyre or the tube. Fill air pressure. It should easily take you for a few kms if the tube was not damaged. By the time I reached the puncture shop the air pressure was still full. Get the tube patched up preferably by heat sealing otherwise OMNI patches have stood the test of time for me. Total expense is 30 bucks here for this. For remote locations carry, at least, 10" sturdy pair of tyre levers so that you can open up the tyre while still on the bike to access the tube. Will require some muscle wrestling. Patch it yourself. You will need OMNI patches, tyre rubber solution and a fine waterproof flint paper. All available within 20~30 bucks.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 27th July 2016 at 16:54.
dkaile is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 17:33   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

First puncture in the rear tyre
Dhiraj,
My 2 cents, have been using Slime Puncture Sealant liquid for my TB in all its years with me. Its still running perfectly fine and I would recommend the same for you.

Ensure you put the right grade of sealant liquid and ride the bike immediately for a good 8-10 Kms. Preferably do it curvy liquid so that the coverage inside is full.

Else look for the sealant that Honda uses for their Activa (Tuff UP if am correct) and that will also be good for you.

They will work just fine for your planned trip but it helps for you to carry a spare tube since these solutions cannot help if the neck is damaged.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 20:08   #88
Senior - BHPian

^^ Tuff-up is a type of tube Honda uses for Activa IIRC. Its not a sealant
Old 28th July 2016, 11:10   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
^^ Tuff-up is a type of tube Honda uses for Activa IIRC. Its not a sealant
Yes mate, its a tube but comes with a sealant.
Old 29th July 2016, 03:33   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Attached is a Cycle World review, written after test riding one of the Himaliyans imported into the USA for evaluation.

I think you will find the report interesting.

http://www.cycleworld.com/royal-enfi...rst-impression
ArizonaJim is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks