Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2016, 16:18   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Congratulations!! Which Dealership ?
Cvs motors hrbr layout. Are you in bangalore too?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th September 2016 at 19:51. Reason: u > you.
Old 9th September 2016, 17:44   #167
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper21 View Post
Cvs motors hrbr layout. Are you in bangalore too?
Good Lord, see you in the dealership... I will PM you my number, its always exciting to meet a fellow Bhpian to top it off we have a reason too... Cheers!

Ops "Viper21 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her"

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th September 2016 at 19:51. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 9th September 2016, 18:18   #168
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer

Hi All,

I have got my RE Himalayan on Tuesday and completed 100 Kms inside city.
Hopefully taking out for a highway ride tomorrow.
After having KTM 390 for 2 years, Himalayan has lack in power but surprisingly very nimble to ride around city traffic and tight spots with pillion rider.
after some 40Kms ride in city with heavy traffic, both of us haven't faced any issues/pains.
Comfortable is top class and shocks are also do their duty remarkably.

Got some oil stain near the oil cap, hope, service member has poured more oil than prescribed, hence it has been oozed out from the cap.

Need to check it in service and an eye while riding tomorrow.

will update here after a highway ride.
Old 9th September 2016, 20:33   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
Good Lord, see you in the dealership... I will PM you my number, its always exciting to meet a fellow Bhpian to top it off we have a reason too... Cheers!

Ops "Viper21 has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her"
What are the odds haha. Looks like the pm is not going through. Please send me an email on vinod_1121@yahoo.com
Old 10th September 2016, 21:06   #170
BHPian

Got delivery of the Himalayan today. @madtiger, I saw one more Himalayan granite in the showroom, that must be yours.

First off the 1st to the 2nd gears are hard. Looks like I need to try classic 350 clutch cable. Will keep you posted.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-1473521665821.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th September 2016 at 19:50. Reason: u > you.
Old 10th September 2016, 21:27   #171
BHPian

@viper : congrats !! Where did you get that crash guard from ?
Old 10th September 2016, 21:38   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by howler View Post
@viper : congrats !! Where did you get that crash guard from ?
Thanks mate.. thats an oem crash guard
Viper21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 14:53   #173
BHPian

I found a product on Amazon, though I don't know how useful it is. It is Motul 102990 Tyre Repair. It has some sort of sealant in it can be used on both tube as well as tubeless tyres incase of punctures. Claims it can run upto 100 km after use. One can of 300ml spray should last twice.

It is priced at Rs. 590. I haven't tested it out yet, though I intend to buy it keep it for emergencies. Let's see.

Link to product.
Old 12th September 2016, 16:50   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maker_of_things View Post
I found a product on Amazon, though I don't know how useful it is. It is Motul 102990 Tyre Repair. It has some sort of sealant in it can be used on both tube as well as tubeless tyres incase of punctures. Claims it can run upto 100 km after use. One can of 300ml spray should last twice.

It is priced at Rs. 590. I haven't tested it out yet, though I intend to buy it keep it for emergencies. Let's see.

Link to product.
Yes. This is a sealant that I have put for two tyres on my Himalayan. From the showroom it costed me 1900 bucks. Will need to evaluate the usability of this as I ride.
Old 13th September 2016, 15:09   #175
Senior - BHPian

More Plains, Ladakh, September of 2016
Covered on my Royal Enfield Himalayan

More to follow. Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 15:44   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
More Plains, Ladakh, September of 2016
Covered on my Royal Enfield Himalayan

More to follow. Cheers...
Aah are you back from the LEH pilgrimage??

Waiting for your review on the bike`s performance and yes more pictures also
vishal.joshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 16:12   #177
Senior - BHPian

Sitting in my office cubicle on a boring Tuesday afternoon, I can't really explain how excited I got, on seeing that video
That view, with the Himalayan's thump adding a nice background score to your narration feels real good. I hope with all the meticulous planning and organisation you had done, you would have had a fabulous and memorable trip. Please do post more pictures and, if possible, write a book like Ajit Harisinghani please!
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 19:15   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Got delivery of the himalayan today. @madtiger, I saw one more himalayan granite in the showroom, that must be yours.

First off the 1st to the 2nd gears are hard. Looks like I need to try classic 350 clutch cable. Will keep u posted.
Congratulations Viper21, hope the Himalayan is serving you well..

I have some bad news, I took the delivery of my Himalayan under bizarre conditions, and it has turned out to be a nightmare for me. I will post a separate thread about issues with my Himalayan.

I have chosen not to talk about it now, until I get a word from the dealership. Due to Bangalore unrest conditions the dealership remained closed.
Old 13th September 2016, 19:47   #179
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I have ridden the Himalayan for 350 Kms in all kind of roads on Saturday to Pondicherry and back to chennai.

The Bike is very planted and nimble as told earlier.
Power could be little more to provide good support while overtaking fast vehicles.
Brakes are too good for the new bike and we could ride the bike between 100-120 kmpl all the day without sweet to much.
The ride is almost non stop and completed in almost 5 Hrs.
I have done some off road ride near to a lake bed and realized how simple to ride the bike over gradients, slush and mud as well just glided over the potholes.

Compare to KTM 390, Riding is very much composed than 390 and only grouse is power. Is there any way to increase the power by some 10 bhp by modifying exhausts or tweak the carb or some workarounds

After finishing the ride, i have noticed trivial oil stains near cylinder head. Hope need a service team to address it in next service or an immediate attention if it will be increased in next trip coming weekends.
seems it's known issue and already some of the members have raised earlier and needs a re torque the cylinder head to arrest the leakage.

I am very much happy and satisfied to buy this wonderful machine.

Some snaps during the trip.

@ Pondy
Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-himalayan2.jpg
Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-himalayan3.jpg

@Maduranthakkam Lake
Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-himalayan5.jpg
Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-himalayan1.jpg
Royal Enfield Himalayan - Comprehensive Review of the 'Desi' Adventure Tourer-himalayan4.jpg
aks_karthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 09:16   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks mate.. thats an oem crash guard
Are they manufactured by RE or by a third party manufactured like Quality, Chennai?

How much was the cost and which showroom you picked it up from?
Do you also have options in the finish? Appears that you have put up a chrome one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks