Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2017, 14:45   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
- I felt the clutch to be quite heavy (don't know if this is a characteristic of Bajaj vehicles, as my comparative bike is Unicorn).

This is weird. The bike I tested (and couple others) had light clutch. Maybe the test ride has been abused a lot and resulted in a tighter clutch feel?

Next time you go to the showroom, try the clutch of the display bike.
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 20:18   #62
Senior - BHPian

re: Ridden: Bajaj Dominar 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by akki4 View Post
My concern is when to change the oil?? I've read its best to change within 100 kms and that too with mineral oil. Is that true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Stick to the manufacturer recommended interval as mentioned in the user manual, some of us have overdone it believing it will drain out the fine metal shavings which inevitably accumulate in an engine still running in, but honestly, if it was that big a deal, the manufacturer would have recommended a change at 50/100 etc etc kms
Like hothatchaway said, stick to the manufacturers recommendation. Follow the instructions for the oil change and service intervals as advised in the Owner's Manual.
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2017, 23:29   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- I felt the clutch to be quite heavy (don't know if this is a characteristic of Bajaj vehicles, as my comparative bike is Unicorn).
The clutch of the bike that I had test ridden(just 200kms old) was neither butter smooth as a splendor nor as heavy as an RE clutch.

Quote:
They have delivered 57 bikes and only 2 are Disc break versions.
I guess you are referring to ABS. If so, then the fact is concerning that people are willing to overlook safety esp. on a performance bike more so when the company is offering ABS at least as an option unlike Yamaha.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 09:15   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
I guess you are referring to ABS. If so, then the fact is concerning that people are willing to overlook safety esp. on a performance bike more so when the company is offering ABS at least as an option unlike Yamaha.
No, no. I meant, out of total 57 bikes delivered, 55 are ABS versions and only 2 are Disc break versions (Non-ABS). This is indeed good that people are giving importance to safety .

Even I was considering Non-ABS version given my budget, but now I am giving thoughts for the ABS version.

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 10:51   #65
BHPian

Quote:
No, no. I meant, out of total 57 bikes delivered, 55 are ABS versions and only 2 are Disc break versions (Non-ABS).

KK
Hi,

I had posted a few posts earlier about my inquiry at Jai Bajaj Adyar Chennai. I was made to understand that the customers were not free to select the non ABS version for the initial lots. All bikes delivered by Bajaj in the initial lots were the ABS version only.
Old 6th February 2017, 11:07   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Hi,

I had posted a few posts earlier about my inquiry at Jai Bajaj Adyar Chennai. I was made to understand that the customers were not free to select the non ABS version for the initial lots. All bikes delivered by Bajaj in the initial lots were the ABS version only.
I don't think any such restriction is there. In fact I took a quotation for Non-ABS version only and had discussed with the showroom manager. Only now that I am considering the ABS version.

KK
Old 6th February 2017, 11:30   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Hi,

Most non ABS bikes were shipped out towards the end of January only. Now it should be easier to get the allotment.
Old 6th February 2017, 14:23   #68
BHPian

Quote:
:.

Even I was considering Non-ABS version given my budget, but now I am giving thoughts for the ABS version.

KK
This is a no brainer; IIRC the difference is approx 20k and given that its a performance bike, does not make sense to skimp on this. Far outweighs the cost of any possible mishap without the safety net of ABS.
hothatchaway is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 15:35   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, no. I meant, out of total 57 bikes delivered, 55 are ABS versions and only 2 are Disc break versions (Non-ABS). This is indeed good that people are giving importance to safety .
I am sorry, my bad that I misunderstood. But, if you are finalizing on D400 and on a very tight budget, I insist you to rather wait for a few days to accumulate the additional amount required for ABS.

Even I am on a tight budget and do not need >250cc bike given my riding habits. I have been waiting for the RTR200 ABS for eons.. But, it looks the more we wait the more options we would have. Sabar ka phal meetha hota hai(patience is virtue).
Old 6th February 2017, 16:20   #70

Since booking at Jai Bajaj Adayar Chennai, this dealer in chennai was great to have a Whatapps group started that grouped all Dominar buyers.
Last one week we had 2 of the buyers report an issue with engine chocking in throttle response as soon as you hit 90 kmph. Speaking to the sales person, he acknowledged but stated that only 4 bikes has been reported this issue. The dealer technicians are not able to crack this yet (since 3 days of troubleshooting) and appears Bajaj has been made aware to investigate/help further. I just made the final payment today but want to wait a bit before registration - until the dealer can test ride and prove the bike issued for me is 'clean'. Strangely, they say I cannot choose the bike but it is assigned 'automatically' after my cheque (issued today) is cleared. Any folks/new owners experience this yet ?
seeths is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 18:05   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeths View Post
until the dealer can test ride and prove the bike issued for me is 'clean'.
My suggestion is to be very thorough during the PDI(Pre-Delivery inspection) and hope for the best. If the issue was not root caused for the few unlucky owners, then the dealer would most likely be not interested even to test the same. Because he is sure that he can't fix it now.
Old 6th February 2017, 18:29   #72

Quote:
My suggestion is to be very thorough during the PDI(Pre-Delivery inspection) and hope for the best. If the issue was not root caused for the few unlucky owners, then the dealer would most likely be not interested even to test the same. Because he is sure that he can't fix it now.

Thnx ! Here is my plan for now - to delay registration if the dealer cannot prove the vehicle allotted me after cheque is cleared (in two days) with a 90 kmph test ride..but are such speed tests covered in PDI? Can we insist this speed check be made inclusive during PDI (in my presence) ...do other dealers entertain this ?
Old 6th February 2017, 19:28   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...but are such speed tests covered in PDI?
The PDI would surely not consist of 90kmph test, as one would most likely have to rip the bike for it. Besides, there are many other factors that can cause the issue for e.g. fuel quality, what gear, what RPM...etc.

Quote:
Can we insist this speed check be made inclusive during PDI (in my presence) ...do other dealers entertain this ?
All this would depend on how friendly the dealer is? Discuss with the dealer & put terms and conditions mentioning that you want a bike that does not mysteriously choke. But, if you are in too much of an apprehension to buy, better put of the purchase for a few days till the initial issues are sorted.
Old 6th February 2017, 22:37   #74

Quote:
Discuss with the dealer & put terms and conditions mentioning that you want a bike that does not mysteriously choke. But, if you are in too much of an apprehension to buy, better put of the purchase for a few days till the initial issues are sorted.

Yeah.. did share my apprehensions with the dealer - but they are in "selling mode" with assurances that don't appear logical (they haven't cracked the issue yet!)

Getting back to the problem (speaking to the affected folks) - appears this does NOT happen if you rev aggressively to cross 90 kmph, rather happens when you are very linear in throttling towards 90 kmph. Another new buyer from our WhatsApp group has just reported this bike being affected with the above flow. Getting worrisome!!

Any other folks out there experiencing this on their Dominars ? Plz ensure you are very linear/gradual with the throttle input to reach and hover at 90 kmph.
seeths is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 01:24   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah.. did share my apprehensions with the dealer - but they are in "selling mode" with assurances that don't appear logical (they haven't cracked the issue yet!)...
Don't you think it's better to hold the purchase till the issue is resolved? You know there is an issue and will always be worried whether your bike also may have the issue.

Your worry will overweigh the happiness of a new vehicle. I, personally, wouldn't buy any new models (first batch) for this reason. Why take a risk than spend some extra time / money for a later batch which will be devoid of any initial niggles!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks