Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2017, 18:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Motovlogger beaten up at India Bike Week for criticizing a modded Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Like the famous line in Mahabharata "We are the cause, we are the consequence"
The vlogger should have understood that if he is going to make derogatory statements about someone else's prized possession, there are going to be opponents with same level of immaturity and he should be ready to face its consequences. We dont live in a perfect world. How we express ourselves is very important in today's world. He could have put his opinions in a much better way but using F word normally is the 'in' thing today I guess.
I guess no one should ever say anything about anything then. With your logic - who knows how the other person might behave and then its all that person's fault who made the initial observation
Old 29th November 2017, 19:17   #32
BHPian

Let me start by saying that everyone has their opinion and everybody who feels offended also have their right to react.
Here if they wanted to take on the guy, they should have taken him one on one not attack like a pack of wolves.
For all those who commented saying that saying ill things about bike/car = saying nasty things about person, please ask your bikes/cars to file a defamation or sexual harassment case against the guy not throw fists in a mob on one person.
Did the guy do a right thing morally? No Did he have a right to speak his mind? Yes.
I have said nasty things about Kawasaki & Versys in a group of Versys Owners and am still friends with most of them on the group even though some did hate me and took me on indirectly though but everyone has their right to speak.
If the owner was offended he should have taken on the guy one on one even if it meant throwing fists(which I in no way support)
Old 29th November 2017, 19:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post

Also I read somewhere that the gang asked him to delete the photo first, but he refused to do so which instigated the gang to go hostile.
I read this too. If this is true, then it's 75% fault of vlogger. Firstly he offended the biker and then refused to delete what he posted and was rude to the biker.
However, violence is never an option. So I think both parties are at fault but the majority of share lies with vlogger for cause of such an incident.
Old 29th November 2017, 19:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerzindia View Post
Let me start by saying that everyone has their opinion and everybody who feels offended also have their right to react.
Here if they wanted to take on the guy, they should have taken him one on one not attack like a pack of wolves.
For all those who commented saying that saying ill things about bike/car = saying nasty things about person, please ask your bikes/cars to file a defamation or sexual harassment case against the guy not throw fists in a mob on one person.
Did the guy do a right thing morally? No Did he have a right to speak his mind? Yes.
I have said nasty things about Kawasaki & Versys in a group of Versys Owners and am still friends with most of them on the group even though some did hate me and took me on indirectly though but everyone has their right to speak.
If the owner was offended he should have taken on the guy one on one even if it meant throwing fists(which I in no way support)
No offence, but contradicting opinions here. "Right to react" is a very ambiguous phrase. A person's reactions have to be within the freedom allowed by the constitution. And it certainly does not include physical reaction.
One on one attack vs pack of wolves, is just another barbarian justice style. Nothing elated about a one on one attack too.

The rest of your opinion is very valid and relevant.
Old 29th November 2017, 19:46   #35
BHPian

Some should have told the owner dil pe mat le yaar! Why have we become a society that takes everything so damn seriously. If the owner didnt want to face criticism he should have displayed the bike at all. The reason why I love this forum : real mature replies (majority of them). I remember a Yamaha bike long ago. Ugly as they come. So by the logic of some people here the designer should publicly trash me? (Of course it would be designers baby). No way was the trashing called for. Bunch of testosterone fuelled idiot!
Old 29th November 2017, 20:12   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
No offence, but contradicting opinions here. "Right to react" is a very ambiguous phrase. A person's reactions have to be within the freedom allowed by the constitution. And it certainly does not include physical reaction.
One on one attack vs pack of wolves, is just another barbarian justice style. Nothing elated about a one on one attack too.

The rest of your opinion is very valid and relevant.
I said in my last sentence that I in no way support throwing fists but even be they had to do it, the owner should have done it one on one.
Old 29th November 2017, 20:30   #37
BHPian

I can't believe that even on a forum like this, there are people who are surreptitiously putting the blame on the blogger for "using the wrong words" and "inviting the consequences". Of course there is the politically-correct "violence can't be supported" that trails such veiled support of the goons.

The blogger said absolutely nothing that's objectionable. We all express extreme reactions when we see something beautiful or ugly. On top of that, the bike was an exhibit in an exhibition for heaven's sake! If I call a VW Ameo downright ugly, on twitter, should I start expecting the Ameo designer to come anytime with a gang and beat me up? People are opinionated, especially those who visit bike/car exhibitions, and they put their opinions on social media. There is absolutely nothing wrong in what the blogger did. Nothing. Not even the words. It's the style he chose. Let his followers decide good/bad and subscribe/unsubscribe accordingly.

Just like the blogger "should have kept his opinions to himself" as per the nonsensical rationalization the goons are putting forward, those goons should have kept their opinions, on his opinion, to themselves. If they were so touchy about their bike, they should have kept it in their garage, not exhibit in an exhibition.

Boils my blood when I read that facebook thread on Rushlane. Goons like these need to be taught a lesson for life. These mobs (may that be these "bikers" or rash cabbies or auto-rikshaws and so on) and their bosses are increasingly getting menacing, either using money power or political power or both. This is not the country I grew up thinking I would die for.

Last edited by ghatotkatch : 29th November 2017 at 20:46. Reason: minor corrections
ghatotkatch is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 20:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Ganging on someone and hitting them is wrong. The vlogger can take legal action based on the video if he chooses to.
On a separate note, who gave the vlogger licence to shower abuses at someone's personal choice? Is he the moral chosen highness now to comment on somebody's mod? Has he modded a lot of bikes in his lifetime? Any idiot with a camera becomes a vlogger just like an ass with an opinion becomes a column writer or journalist. Sad times..
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 20:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Is he the moral chosen highness now to comment on somebody's mod? Has he modded a lot of bikes in his lifetime? Any idiot with a camera becomes a vlogger just like an ass with an opinion becomes a column writer or journalist. Sad times..
a) If I go to a hotel and have sambar, I do not have to know how to make sambar to criticise it. The bike was presented on a show for people to appreciate ( and criticise).

b) Yes. To become a vlogger does not need an IQ test. It is perfectly valid as long as its his camera. Also, an ass with an opinion is allowed to become a column writer. If you are uneasy about that, you are going to be uneasy for ever. It indeed is exciting times.
ashokrajagopal is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 21:00   #40
BHPian

Amateur Vlogger and and even more naive bunch of bikers. Both at fault one for inviting blows and the other for reacting to the criticism in a stupid way.

Just like apachelongbow said; any guy with a camera becomes a photographer and a vlogger. Vlogging has become a virus now spreading all around, looking for subscribers.

Last edited by lionell : 29th November 2017 at 21:03. Reason: addition
Old 29th November 2017, 21:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
I read this too. If this is true, then it's 75% fault of vlogger. Firstly he offended the biker and then refused to delete what he posted and was rude to the biker.
However, violence is never an option. So I think both parties are at fault but the majority of share lies with vlogger for cause of such an incident.
How is it even 1% vlogger's fault ? He had a particular opinion and he posted it on his social media account. Deleting or keeping it was his prerogative.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 21:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Just like apachelongbow said; any guy with a camera becomes a photographer and a vlogger. Vlogging has become a virus now spreading all around, looking for subscribers.
And your problem is what, exactly? It’s his wish. He has all the rights to vlog about any event he has paid to attend. He has all the rights to vlog about a bike which has been kept on exhibition.

Why are you getting pissed off at these so called “viruses”? As long he’s not violating anyone’s privacy, whatever he does is perfectly acceptable.

You have problems with that? One word : IGNORE.
The Brutailer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 21:37   #43
Team-BHP Support

I really hope that there is no long term mental agony, pain, depression and PTSD for these poor bikers because someone wrote something about their toy.

This over reaction by a bunch of over entitled people is almost funny except that someone got hurt.
I hope the victim files a police complaint and gets justice. This kind of behavior should never be tolerated in any civilized society.
bblost is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 21:42   #44
BHPian

Quote:
On a separate note, who gave the vlogger licence to shower abuses at someone's personal choice?
The same powers that gave you the license to question his freedom of speech on a social/public forum like this. If that bike was owner's personal choice, why was he exhibiting it in a public exhibition?

Quote:
Is he the moral chosen highness now to comment on somebody's mod? Has he modded a lot of bikes in his lifetime?
How does it matter? How much of an international cricket people play before they start having opinions about when a Tendulkar or a Dhoni should retire?

I can't fathom this mentality of killing the messenger by asking his creds. Fact that the owners are getting incensed itself means the bike was an absolutely ugly, hideous and mindless mod job. The vlogger just said it out loud.

Quote:
Any idiot with a camera becomes a vlogger just like an ass with an opinion becomes a column writer or journalist. Sad times..
There is no compulsion on anyone to follow each and every blogger in this world. If one is an ass, just ignore. But if gems like powerdrift are emerging out of the vlogging-mania, I would call it anything but sad times.
ghatotkatch is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 21:48   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

I am curious to know what the 'gang' of bikers have to say. I am sure that would complete the picture. When my 3 kids were young and there was a fist fight it was impossible to determine who did what because of which who did what first. A bikers meet is like a boys hostel. There are unwritten rules you don't break or else you know what happens after lights out. The retribution meted out to the vlogger seems mild compared to what would happen to a hosteler who snickered to the warden in my old college hostel!!
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks