Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2017, 12:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Motovlogger beaten up at India Bike Week for criticizing a modded Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
There is a difference between a reaction and a response. When I respond to somebody I would acknowledge their opinion and try to tell them my opinion and the logic for it. Reactions would be more emotional.
Retaliation is the territory of those who are more judgemental and would like to decide for others (in my opinion). It is a territory where I would not like to see myself; either at the receiving or the delivering end of the stick.
Admirable. But many - including I - will not often pass that difficult test and will retaliate in kind when offended by words and some will do it more cleverly than others. As long as that retaliation is in kind, restricted to words, in my book that is still acceptable. Violence isn't retaliation in kind, and is never acceptable against mere words. Not just in my book, but by the law of the land as well.
Sawyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 13:14   #77

IN MY OPINION
While the motovloger has his right of expression and speech and can post pictures of the bike along with his opinion of it ,he should of taken his post down when asked/confronted by the OWNER of the bike(if he wanted a peaceful resolution) .
While violence is not the solution,the motovloger must/ should have known that with freedom comes responsibility and respect for other's privacy and their belongings. Also with every action comes a consequence (especially when you're in a room filled with high adrenaline and testosterone-filled people).In a way he was asking for it by criticizing the man's prized possession,
Many bikers as well as bhpians know the work and effort that goes into their own rides(some extremes take care of their rides better than they would of their wives/husbands),so criticism can be taken both ways-constructively or destructively.

Some rights of photographers.
http://www.bypeople.com/photographer...release-forms/
Paradox p100d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 13:28   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

To add, we used to treat our bikes like our girlfriends. We could not have let either of them on stage for others to gawk at. It was just us, maybe they were not 800cc 100 bhp or Aiswarya Rai's. But we valued them. So when you call your bike your family, then please do MEAN IT.
This makes perfect sense. Our Google and Twitter augmented social sphere has surely made us a more immature as a people. 'Put your bike out on display and beat up anyone who calls it ugly.' Anyone who feels it is OK to beat up a person because he called your bike ugly is sadly part of that immature youth.

Another view. Why did our 23 year old post this opinion on IG? It was obviously for his profile likes, clicks or whatever vloggers are running after these days. A selfish motive indeed. Hope future vloggers take something home from this. From what i know, vlogging about sharing things pertaining to your own life and not just running around commenting on other people's stuff. So stick to that fellas
naturaldisaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 14:01   #79
Team-BHP Support

Motovlogger beaten up at India Bike Week for criticizing a modded Z800

Read a few comments and I cannot believe there are two opinions on this. Sure the bloggers comments could have been articulated in better taste but NOTHING justifies the mob response.

If you dont like his comments - respond with your own comments!! Simple.

Where do you draw the line. suppose someone is blogging an event and says this bike is not great the other one is. Are you going to beat him up?

There is an entire thread on this site on funnily modified cars or badly modified cars if I am not mistaken. If the owner of a car identifies a poster, is he supposed to go around beating him up?

These guys should be taken to task by law - period!!
Axe77 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 14:04   #80
BHPian

The vlogger is fully within his rights to call the bike anything he wants. I can't believe the basics of free speech rights are completely ignored by so many here.

If you do not have free speech rights, you obviously do not have free physical violence rights. That should be obvious!

A forum, where members can attack any company and product, or in some cases even have threads mocking the most ridiculous modifications (very rightly, and I fully support that) - so all these freedoms are applicable only to us? Others do not have those freedoms?

There is absolutely no need for the vlogger to compromise, or even express regret. This entire 'compromise' is how society controls the outliers - sad to see motorcyclists who are often rebels fall prey to compromise as an answer.

The only answer for a website, blog or forum to advocate without hypocrisy is free speech for everyone. Time the members realise that. This is the only legal answer too.

The rest of the country can decide beating up, murdering or whatever as appropriate responses. Not so for members of a forum.
lawdgawd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 14:07   #81
Senior - BHPian

Its really nice to see new definitions of biker, so what is wrong in learning from others mistakes and be better prepared of such mistakes. Will you be a "true" biker only if you do impromptu rides and learn from silly mistakes.

Regarding Vlogging, looks like there are lot of viewers for it. I am not sure what demographic view such content but seeing the numbers of views they get on the videos, there is a lot of audience for it. On that topic, these vloggers sometimes do want to cater for their audience and hence we might get these kind of posts/videos on the social media.

Last edited by ecenandu : 30th November 2017 at 14:10.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 15:12   #82
OSH
BHPian

The two bikers who assaulted the video blogger have been banned from the India Bike Week.

Thanush Joseph, the organiser has said the quoted on this matter.
Quote:
We condemn such an act. By the time our security men reached the spot, they had all cleared out. We have identified an attacker and the superbike owner, and have decided to ban them from IBW. We do not tolerate such behaviour.
The bike owner's side of the story.
Quote:
I tried my best to keep my calm despite the fact that foul language was attributed to my bike, and simply asked him to delete the post as it might impact the future sale of my bike. He was brusque in the beginning but later apologised, saying that he was in a bad mood and removed the post.In fact, <<name withheld>> also asked me to meet him in the evening of November 25 almost as if he was extending an olive branch, and I agreed.
The owner's friend says
Quote:
We spent a whole day talking to him, requesting that he take down the post. Instead of doing so, he simply said ‘dekhta hoon’ (we shall see).
While the victim says the following
Quote:
They would not relent despite my apology. They hit me several times and demanded that I apologise to the bike. <<name withheld>> (another Pune-based biker) added me on the (whatsapp) group and said he would remove my name as soon as I apologised. I did as I was told, but people kept abusing me on the group as well.
Source link

Last edited by SDP : 30th November 2017 at 16:04. Reason: Replaced **** with <<name withheld>>
OSH is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 16:04   #83
BHPian

@ apachelongbow

Between telling the owner that it is not good vs posting on social media, the exact line of civility that you see, right ? There exists nothing like that. The words used there in the post, or in this metaphor is not anything illegal in this country. Beating up a person on the other hand is very much so. The online decorum is decided by court of law.
I do not see any problem in my logic.

Last edited by GTO : 1st December 2017 at 09:30. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been deleted
Old 30th November 2017, 16:15   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Regarding Vlogging, looks like there are lot of viewers for it. I am not sure what demographic view such content but seeing the numbers of views they get on the videos, there is a lot of audience for it. On that topic, these vloggers sometimes do want to cater for their audience and hence we might get these kind of posts/videos on the social media.
There are three kinds of vloggers(moto):
1. Truly adventerous and enthustiastic guys who love riding/travelling, visiting new places and having new experiences. That passion + skill for editing videos + diplomacy to not offend anyone/brand attracts viewers. These guys also post product reviews, daily observations, first ride reports of new bikes and technical DIY/tips.

For example: Mumbiker Nikhil, Vikas Rachamalla, BigbangBiker, OggyF, Sriman Kotaru

2. Guys like me who upload videos on youtube to just document their cherishable memories of travel and fun so that it feels great to revisit them whenever we are down or say 10-15 years later.

3. Kids who get inspired by type 1, not by their passion for travelling, but by how much type 1 earn from youtube views and adsense. These guys desperately want views. You can find them making videos like
" Drag race btn x and y bikes "
" stunts on x bike "
" race for topspeed "
and so on...

They all have a fb page, an insta page and their youtube channel, and try to imitate the type 1 fellas. As we know controversy brings attention! Sometimes controversy ends up in tragedy.

This particular guy, 23 years old, had a Duke 390, recently bought a Ninja 1000. He usually posts nice videos. Guess it is his bad luck, to have said the wrong thing, about the wrong thing, at the wrong place!

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 30th November 2017 at 16:21.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 17:12   #85
Senior - BHPian

Somebody I know shared the facebook profile linked of the guy whose bike was allegedly ridiculed. Going through it, he looked incredibly young, underage even to be riding an SBK. Other than that, and its strictly my personal opinion, the rest of his vehicle pics fit the stereotype of "Dark tinted" white cars which move around the streets of Pune impervious to law or implications of breaking them. Pune guys will know whom I am referring to here.
sajo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 17:56   #86
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to a Team-BHP fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sharing this!

The bike owner who bashed up this motovlogger has a history of violence. He was in the news earlier for beating up a policeman.

Quote:
when they found accused Ajit Murkute sitting in the driver’s seat of a four-wheeler, talking to a woman at a secluded spot around 7.15 pm near Bottle Rock Hotel.
They questioned Ajit Murkute, who became angry.

He summoned his aides and all of them allegedly assaulted and abused Dhumal and Khopkar. They also threatened to get the two policemen suspended from service and allegedly attempted to beat them with a wooden stick.
Source & Full Article
GTO is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 21:38   #87
BHPian

The motovlogger has uploaded a video explaining his side of the story and the sequence of events. Unless he has exceptional acting skills, he seems genuine and a victim to some violence seeking morons.

The main gist of his video is that his post had nothing to do with the looks of the bike. The bike was being revved hard and he wrote RIP engine etc because of that. He goes on to say that he removed the video within 30 minutes of uploading it as he realised that it was not good of him to write bad about someone’s bike. But then he kept getting calls from the owner of the bike and he kept apologising and the owner said that everything is okay and he would like to meet. So he was tricked into meeting them and that’s when the violence and other cheap drama of apologising to the bikes happened.

Also reading GTOs post that the bike owner has a history of violence makes me believe this guy.
anshumandun is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 23:47   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Also reading GTOs post that the bike owner has a history of violence makes me believe this guy.
Against policemen, no less!

Hope the episode is over. Reading about the force these guys used in the earlier case makes me worried if the whole episode is actually over or not. Hope they don't continue to hold grudge against him for this new video!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 07:59   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
He was in the news earlier for beating up a policeman.
This is exactly what I had suspected reading their audacious threats on that published FB thread on Rushlane. Cowards like these usually have support from someone powerful, and pivoting on that support they act over-aggressive to suppress their deep internal inferiority complex for missing the real macho.

In common marathi lingo, this is called झुंडशाही (transliteration: zhunda-shahi) meaning mob-rule. You don't need any decency, civility, responsibility towards others/society as long as you have a mob behind you to rule your wrong as right, no matter what. One's civility is taken as his weakness. This is exactly what pisses me off big time.

And this is everywhere. Especially on our roads. You see an autorishaw or a cab or a tempo traveller in an altercation with someone, and in next few minutes, you see 10-15 more rickshaws, cabs and all sorts of yellow boards stopping by the roadside (or heck, in the middle of the road) ganging up on some poor guy. 9 out of 10 times it's the rickshaw driver driving haphazardly who is at fault for brushing against the guy's car, or a cab/tempo-traveller driver bullying the car out of its lane and intentionally (trust me I have seen things first hand) brushing it. Mob behind these people is what fuels their audacity.

If someone has watched the marathi movie Dombivali Fast, that's the kind of extreme feeling I get seeing these things daily here in Bangalore. This mob-rule needs to be reined in somehow.

Sorry for the off-topic rant, but just couldn't help.
ghatotkatch is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 09:37   #90
BHPian

Frankly it is an ugly bike. That said I would never post such bitchy comments on social media. Its rude and can be offensive. Rest is just drama.
Elito11 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed