Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2021, 17:32   #436
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeDevil44 View Post
But that fear is what makes it more thrilling!
Hey Man! Sadly I'm only 5'4. Though the bike is primarily for my dad, I'd be riding a weekend a month as well. While I'm able to ride it, but a couple of inches lower and I'd feel more confident.
Can someone confirm if there's a way to tweak the rear shocks a little ?
Old 9th May 2021, 23:22   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
... However, i am yet to receive the smart card / hard copy RC. The dealership has informed that there is a huge back log and also due to unavailability of smart cards, it is delayed. I still worried.
I don't think there's any shortage with SmartCard in Chennai. I've sold two bikes and bought one in the span of last 2 months, and smart-card was obtained in a matter of a week for all three bikes from the initiation of RC transfer.

Quote:
1. Is it normal to not get RC even after 3 months.
3 months is a long time period, so I feel something is going wrong somewhere. There could be some genuine issue, but definitely not the Smart-card.

Quote:
2. Would soft copy (in app) suffice during police check
Yes, this would be sufficient, as the cops have a mobile device to scan the QR code of the RC obtained in mParivahan app.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 09:07   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_n8 View Post
Can someone confirm if there's a way to tweak the rear shocks a little ?
The tweaking possible in the stock setup at the rear is the pre-load adjustment. I'm not sure of the stock pre-load, but I suggest you move it to the lowest pre-load setting - will make it feel a bit more soft and will also reduce the seat height, though by a very small amount. Please try it out and let us know the feedback. Ensure both sides are at the same setting.
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 20:35   #439
BHPian

Not sure if this has been posted here earlier. Sorry if it has been!

There is a Royal Enfield official YouTube channel with a great amount of simple DIYs and Must-Knows for Meteor 350.
Though I don't currently own the bike, I found it particularly interesting as well as informative to be shared with a bigger audience!

https://www.youtube.com/c/royalenfield/videos

Do watch the 'Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Tutorials' and I am sure you would learn a few simple tricks from there!

Its great to see an OEM sharing such nice and usable information! Great work RE!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 13:35   #440
BHPian

I got a chance to ride my friend's Meteor for a good amount of time yesterday. The bike is still running-in so had to control myself on opening the throttle.
The bike looks ravishing in-person. Pictures do not do it half the justice to Royal Enfield's effort on this one.

I rode it for 10 odd kilometers on Gurgaon-Faridabad highway and here is my experience.

The moment you sit on the bike, you realize the good upright sitting position. The gauges and buttons feel modern (I ride an RE Electra so take this with a pinch of salt).
Got stumped because of no-kick starter and took a few seconds to find the self-start button. It is integrated with the engine kill switch, not sure if this is the norm nowadays.
The engine felt very refined on startup and the bike itself did not feel heavy. The low-end torque seemed very similar to what we are used to from REs and the gear-shift have been made butter-smooth. Suspension is tuned for comfort and the bike took minor undulations very well.

The only issue I could find is squeaking noises from the front-disc (this was a <500 km run bike) but otherwise this seems to be a very good upgrade from the so-called vintage bikes that RE produces.

Immediately hopped on to my RE Electra after Meteor and for some reason, felt that I am not ready to move on yet. Maybe this is more to do with my connection with the bike rather than the package that these two bikes offer. Despite that, it seems that the bike is going to be a super-hit. Especially because of the looks. Well done RE!

Last edited by warrioraks : 18th July 2021 at 13:37.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 14:45   #441
BHPian

RE Meteor price hiked.
https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-ne...s-hiked-421990
saikishor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 11:22   #442
BHPian

Hello everyone. I am planning to buy a Meteor 350 and wanted to know which dealership is the best to go to in Bangalore. I have read some horrible reviews on google for some of the dealers and wanted to know which one can be trusted.
Old 24th March 2022, 11:50   #443
BHPian

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball blue colour spied at dealer – launch soon

Royal Enfield continues to update its lineup on a regular basis. Not only do they launch new motorcycles regularly, they also give updates to existing products. The Chennai-based manufacturer will soon be updating Meteor 350 by launching a new colour option. The cruiser is currently offered in three variants namely Fireball, Stellar and Supernova.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350- New Colour Option
Called Fireball Blue, we have got hold of spy shots of this new Meteor colour option. Hat tip to S Guru, for sharing these exclusive images with us. First units of Meteor 350 wrapped in this paint scheme have started reaching dealerships and will be available for sale very soon. As the name suggests, this shade will be available for the base Fireball trim. Presently Fireball trim is offered in two colour options- red and yellow. Other than this, Meteor 350 can be had in Blue Metallic, Matte Black, Stellar Red Metallic, Brown and Blue Dual-Tone. Fireball variants are currently priced between Rs 2,01,620 to Rs 2,03,456 depending on the colour. Overall, prices of the retro cruiser peak at Rs Rs 2,19,674 (all prices ex-showroom). As seen in these spy shots, there is no noticeable change in styling of Meteor 350. The blue coloured fuel tank is complemented by a blacked-out theme for its side panels, front and rear fenders, handlebar, headlamp casing and mechanical components like engine gearbox assembly, alloy wheels and frame. A bright yellow highlight on alloy rims and Royal Enfield branding on the tank provide a sporty contrast to the bike’s overall appearance.

Features & Specs
In terms of features, Meteor gets a semi-digital instrument console with smartphone connectivity, turn-by-turn navigation and turn-by-turn navigation. Apart from this, it also receives a USB charging port, a halogen headlight with a circular LED DRL and an LED taillight. Coming to hardware, Meteor is underpinned by a dual-cradle frame which is suspended on telescopic forks up front and twin shock absorbers. Braking duties are handled by single 300mm and 270mm discs at front and rear respectively which are aided by a dual-channel ABS. It rolls on chunky tyres with 100/90- R19 section upfront and 140/70- R17 section at rear. Powering Meteor 350 is a 349cc single-cylinder, air-cooled, long-stroke motor that kicks out 20.2 bhp and has a peak torque of 27 Nm. This engine is paired with a 5-speed gearbox. It weighs 191kg and has a fuel tank capacity of 15 litres.

The new colour option of Meteor is expected to launch in a few days. It directly rivals Yezdi Roadster which is similarly priced between Rs 2.00 lakh and Rs 2.08 lakh (both prices ex-showroom). Both models are retro-style roadsters in the garb of a cruiser.

Name:  royalenfieldmeteorbluenewcolourlaunchprice2747x420.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  80.9 KB

Name:  royalenfieldmeteorbluenewcolourlaunchprice1768x396.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  89.9 KB

Name:  royalenfieldmeteorbluenewcolourlaunchprice3747x420.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  86.1 KB

Royal Enfield is also developing a more powerful 650cc version of a cruiser which is expected to be named Super Meteor 650

Source: Rushlane
Old 9th April 2022, 12:40   #444
BHPian

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 New Green Colour

ManneAtWheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 10:22   #445
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a Meteor 350, which I got in Jun 2022. I got the first service done after 1.5 months, however at that time the bike had only done 300 odd kms as I rarely drove during the initial 1-2 months. Now, after crossing 450 Km the service reminder (the wrench/spanner symbol) started blinking. I assume it is auto set to blink at regular intervals in terms of kms.

Is it safe to drive with the reminder on/reset the reminder? Or, does this really mean that I need to get the servicing done ASAP? I have now done 1000 Kms on the ODO, and would be going in for the next service at 6 months in Jan/Feb.

Thanks!
Old 4th December 2022, 12:59   #446
BHPian

Meteor 350 review on Revzilla.

Old 28th December 2022, 18:16   #447
BHPian

Checked out Meteor and Classic yesterday. Haven't owned a bike for close to 25 years now, used to have RTZ in college and after for 5 years. I like the Classic very much but I found Meteor easier to drive, easier to push and pull back manually due to the placement of foot pegs. Really confused on which one to buy.
Old 29th December 2022, 15:23   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Now, after crossing 450 Km the service reminder (the wrench/spanner symbol) started blinking. I assume it is auto set to blink at regular intervals in terms of kms.
That would be the 1st service reminder. It's a distance based system. Not time based. You can reset it yourself. No concerns there. As long as you remember when to go next in order to not void warranty.

shyamg28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 14:35   #449

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Its great to see an OEM sharing such nice and usable information! Great work RE!
Yes, these are very detailed and useful for novice riders like myself.
theroyalslady is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 17:20   #450
BHPian

Has anyone installed AHO off installed on their Meteor? There are lot of videos on YouTube that shows the lights switching off automatically after 3 seconds, and can be turned on with the pass button.

Having a LED ring light as well as halogen bulb always on seems redundant and waste of 55watts from a bike that has no kick option (just in case needed )

Last edited by livyodream : 1st August 2023 at 17:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks