Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2021, 22:35   #406
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder View Post
Though manager assured for mirror and windshield but for badge they said they will check.
----
The configuration confirmation document clearly indicates all the customisation that you have ordered at the time of booking. It also lists whether you have added the name badge with clear mention of the name tag represented as “Personalised badge”. I can tell you this because I also did customization with name badge. If you do not have it in you confirmation document, i guess it must have been inadvertently missed at the time of booking.
Vikashmalya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 22:45   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
The configuration confirmation document clearly indicates all the customization that you have ordered at the time of booking. It also lists whether you have added the name badge with clear mention of the name tag represented as “Personalized badge”. I can tell you this because I also did customization with name badge. If you do not have it in you confirmation document, i guess it must have been inadvertently missed at the time of booking.
You are right as I got to know from one of my friend however I am 100 % sure that I saw 0 rupees entry during checkout for personal badge. But sadly I don't have artifacts to show now. anyway its done now.

Waiting for RE communication... lets see
Old 13th February 2021, 23:11   #408
BHPian

Quote:
The configuration confirmation document clearly indicates all the customisation that you have ordered at the time of booking. It also lists whether you have added the name badge with clear mention of the name tag represented as “Personalised badge”. I can tell you this because I also did customization with name badge. If you do not have it in you confirmation document, i guess it must have been inadvertently missed at the time of booking.
Also are you referring to configuration confirmation it was showing during checkout or the email that you got post booking ?
Old 13th February 2021, 23:15   #409
BHPian

Quote:
You are right as I got to know from one of my friend however I am 100 % sure that I saw 0 rupees entry during checkout for personal badge. But sadly I don't have artifacts to show now. anyway its done now.

Waiting for RE communication... lets see
Considering the wait period, if i were you, i would take the delivery of the bike without the badge. It’s a thin metal plate stuck on the tank and i am confident you can get it done later. I know the advise must not come from someone who has got the bike with the badge..

I understand it must be hard on you to not have the customization you desired.. but its the trade off that you must take considering there is no enough proof to fight back.
Old 13th February 2021, 23:18   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Also are you referring to configuration confirmation it was showing during checkout or the email that you got post booking ?
It’s not just on the MIY app, but after the booking, you would get a auto confirmation along with the list of customization that you have ordered. Subject: “ Congratulations! Booking for your personalised Royal Enfield is confirmed.”
Old 14th February 2021, 15:29   #411
BHPian

There is a problem with the booking system of RE, both website and MIY app booking. Some bookings do not get any email acknowledgment at all. I had booked my INT650 online. I had to escalate to RE customer care to atleast issue me acknowledgement of booking.

RE CC being typical RE, failed to provide me with any booking details. The dealer sales team was kind enough to share screenshot from their system confirming my booking!

RE customer care is particularly shoddy.

Quote:
It’s not just on the MIY app, but after the booking, you would get a auto confirmation along with the list of customization that you have ordered. Subject: “ Congratulations! Booking for your personalised Royal Enfield is confirmed.”
Old 14th February 2021, 16:21   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by setuniket View Post
There is a problem with the booking system of RE, both website and MIY app booking. Some bookings do not get any email acknowledgment at all. I had booked my INT650 online. I had to escalate to RE customer care to atleast issue me acknowledgement of booking.

RE CC being typical RE, failed to provide me with any booking details. The dealer sales team was kind enough to share screenshot from their system confirming my booking!

RE customer care is particularly shoddy.
Today I visited dealership with intent to take delivery post PDI.

Staff was still clueless about what can be done for missing badge.

Somewhat it is was emotional as well as logical call from me for refusing delivery without name badge. Keeping this a aside below options discussed with dealer :

1. ASM requested to wait for another 2-3 days as he is trying to see if a new tank can be shipped with name badge but it may take 2-3 months even if this is approved.

They also clarified that this means I have to Wait as bike needs to remain parked at dealership - NO BRAINER ..I requested them to drop this option

2. Only ship name badge and retrofit by dealership. as per ASM it may require too many approval and higher chances of being get rejected with RE. I am waiting for response.

3. Logical call.. I asked what if I wouldn’t have done any customisation except paint. Certainly I would have either saved on touring seats and touring mirror which costed me 8400 INR. OR if I would have ordered this later then stock part going to be mine .. right ? They agreed on logic and that’s where I tried to make them understand it’s not only about a thin metal sheet name plate .. people are paying anything from 4000INR and above for it.. it’s not free after all !!

I told them if name badge is not possible then take out accessories and give me standard bike and adjust my billing accordingly.

This way I can at least convince myself I haven’t ordered a custom personalised bike and can spend that money else where or at least retain stock part.

They are looking into this.

4. Final option - I requested them to refund my booking amount since there is no name badge on bike it won’t be difficult for them to sell this hot selling bike. They assured if nothing works they will do the same.

I am not in favour of this option but it doesn’t mean that all compromises only consumers has to do. Having said that I am open to any of above options.

Finally I don’t have patience left to wait for new bike booking hence either I will buy a Pre owned Himalayan or will look for other brands now..

Owing an RE was my wish but then I am not die hard fan of it or cult driven.
thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 17:07   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will buy a Pre owned Himalayan or will look for other brands now..

Owing an RE was my wish but then I am not die hard fan of it or cult driven.
I personally think this is not a wise decision at all, if you are going for used Himalayan.

For a small piece of metal stuck to the tank, which, anyone may flick when parked outside on road, you are compromising with a used KNOWN Devil(no offense to any Himalayan owners) that may break any time anywhere, any number of times.

Sorry for rude and hurting response but could not resist my self from writing this when I saw your post.

Suggest you go with what has been delivered. After 3 months you will forget that piece of metal which would have robbed your peace of mind for ever.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 19:41   #414
BHPian

Thunder, IMHO, you should go ahead with the current customized bike which was shipped for you. After all, it remains customized for you, name badge or no name badge. Trust me after all this, a good long ride on your bike will make you forget all this.

Stay AWAY from Himalayan, pre owned or new, the company has just compromised on too many aspects in the final product for me ever trust this product line ever.

I was never a RE fan(their after sales support just affirms my existing viewpoint) and desist people who are brand driven or form part of the 'cult'.

You can also consider CB350, frankly I have no clue about the waiting period etc. The CB350 thread will provide better info regarding this.

@gkveda has summed up well on Himalayan.

Quote:
This way I can at least convince myself I haven’t ordered a custom personalised bike and can spend that money else where or at least retain stock part.

Finally I don’t have patience left to wait for new bike booking hence either I will buy a Pre owned Himalayan or will look for other brands now..
setuniket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 23:02   #415
BHPian

Finally got my Meteor delivered. Feels like i have been waiting for ages.

After i made all the payment and other formalities last week, i was assured by the dealership that the registration will happen on Monday and the bike will be delivered between 4 to 6 pm. I called them up on Saturday to confirm that they were ready for the registration as scheduled. I also called up in the morning today just to make sure everything was as per plan. I was told that they will give me a call in the noon after registration is complete. At about 3pm, i got a message that the Bike was registered along with registration number from the RTO / Parivahan. But got no call from the dealership. I waited till about 4.30 and called up the dealership and they asked me to come at 5 / 5.30 to take the bike. I feel that this part could have been managed better. They could have communicated proactively and given heads-up as to when the delivery will happen. It’s not a great feeling if you have to wait for the call all day or having to call them up yourself everytime. Having said this, its not a major issue so long as the delivery is made. So I dint want to spoil my mood on such petty issues especially at the time of delivery.

I went along with my kids for the delivery and reached dealership at 5.20. There were a few deliveries happening today. I waited for about 30 mins and the formalities were completed in a jiffy. I was taken through the drill where they explained about the service schedule and then handed me the helmet (free one - they don’t exchange even if you are willing to pay extra). Then we were taken to the bike and there they explained about the nitty gritty and then it was time. They had already fixed the accessories. Via MYI, I had ordered for Crash guard, Foot pegs for both front and rear. Touring seats would have come straight out of factory..

I had waited for this moment for close to about 3 months now. Though i was longing to take the delivery, the feeling was very subdued. I wasn’t overjoyed.. May it has got to do with age or may be just that it was lost due to the long waiting period.

With my son on the fuel tank and my daughter behind me, we filled the gas in a nearby station and went home.

Since its been over 6 to 7 years i rode a bike, i guess i had lost touch with gearing. I kind of put my bike in neutral everytime i had to shift from 1 to 2. I did it multiple times and then got very conscious of it. I did not pay much attention to the ride quality and other aspects as i was totally focusing on gear shifts. The ride was approximately 3 to 4 kms back home. I took the bike for the mandatory Pooja at a Ganesh temple near my place. Now it is parked right next to my Honda BRV.

Note: I must confess that i had indicated in my earlier post that the rear seats were spacious for the family. However, i found today that the space was not as much as i had imagined (unless we have put on weight in the past 3 months). If the back rest is moved by an inch or two, it will be perfect.

Having taken the delivery, i am now concerned about the dust and scratches as i stay pretty close to the main road. I am not sure if i should go in for lamination or just buy a decent cover for the bike. I am also looking to buy a basic / beginner level riding jacket and gloves sometimes next month. Hoping to slowly start my riding (bike) journey.
Vikashmalya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 01:32   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With my son on the fuel tank and my daughter behind me, we filled the gas in a nearby station and went home.
Since its been over 6 to 7 years i rode a bike, i guess i had lost touch with gearing.
Vikash, congratulations and all the best with your new bike!

Even under normal circumstances riding with a child on the fuel tank is dangerous enough and since you are returning to biking after 6-7 years (rusty) chances drastically increase of an unfortunate outcome. I would strongly suggest against this practice.

Take care and ride safe.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 16th February 2021 at 01:34.
Cyborg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 08:11   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got my Meteor delivered. Feels like i have been waiting for ages.
Congratulations on getting your Meteor. I suggest you keep riding for a week in various conditions, and you should get back into riding business with ease.

Quote:
Having taken the delivery, i am now concerned about the dust and scratches as i stay pretty close to the main road. I am not sure if i should go in for lamination or just buy a decent cover for the bike.
Owing to the space crunch in the bike, you'll need to have a tank cover to keep the documents/First aid kits, and to make life easier for those city runs. For those 200-300km runs, a magnetic tank bag would be convenient. Either way, the tank is bound to attract scratches, so I, and few other Meteor owners I know, have applied PPF over the tank and battery compartment for protection against scratches. So I highly recommend getting a PPF, at least for your tank.

Quote:
I am also looking to buy a basic / beginner level riding jacket and gloves sometimes next month
Royal Enfield is having a sale going on, and the quality of their products, from apparel to accessories, is very commendable. So please take a look!

https://store.royalenfield.com/end-of-season-sale

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 08:21   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
I, and few other Meteor owners I know, have applied PPF over the tank and battery compartment for protection against scratches. So I highly recommend getting a PPF, at least for your tank.
Thank you! Can you pls let me know where you got the PPF done and how long does it take to get it done? I heard that we have to leave the bike for 2 days for lamination to be completed, which I don’t want to.

Royal Enfield accessories does make sense as I have a discount voucher for 15%-20%. I guess it will be applied on top of the prevailing discount.
Vikashmalya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 10:42   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today I visited dealership with intent to take delivery post PDI.

I told them if name badge is not possible then take out accessories and give me standard bike and adjust my billing accordingly.
Buy a bog standard bike. The entire app and customisation scam is a new revenue stream for RE at your expense. When the whole world is riding a "customized" Enfield, from a common customized parts bin, what's remotely unique about it?

Do you get the sheer ludicrous logic behind that which noob fanboys are lapping up across the country?

Cheers, Doc
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 19:43   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Buy a bog standard bike. The entire app and customisation scam is a new revenue stream for RE at your expense. When the whole world is riding a "customized" Enfield, from a common customized parts bin, what's remotely unique about it?

Do you get the sheer ludicrous logic behind that which noob fanboys are lapping up across the country?

Cheers, Doc
Finally looks they may get agree for standard accessories.. so visiting them tomorrow.
thunder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks