Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2021, 15:45   #376
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
So, popped into my local RE dealer a couple of days back to buy a pair of boots. Happened to take a test ride of the Meteor while I was at it. Was so impressed by the bike that booked a Supernova on the spot, with an understanding that If the dealer gets a Blue Stellar in the interim he will give that to me instead.

only bummer is that the committed date of delivery is on or before May 2021! that's 4 months from now! Although the dealer claims that there is a huge buffer built in so that customers don't complain of delays.

What's been the experience of others. how soon have your meteors been delivered?

Since mine was an impulsive booking, I am not sure I will take delivery if I have to wait till May. If the 650 cruiser launches before that at a good price, I will pick that up instead
I guess the waiting period is going to be long unless you get the stellar in the interim. They have just started delivering bookings made in November. I did mine on Nov 26 and have no clue when I will get it. Having said this, I heard that the deliveries in December were stopped to introduce 2021 dated machines and the deliveries have only begun after Pongal. So from now on the deliveries should happen faster than before hopefully.
Old 27th January 2021, 16:23   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
I guess the waiting period is going to be long unless you get the stellar in the interim. They have just started delivering bookings made in November. I did mine on Nov 26 and have no clue when I will get it. Having said this, I heard that the deliveries in December were stopped to introduce 2021 dated machines and the deliveries have only begun after Pongal. So from now on the deliveries should happen faster than before hopefully.
I received update from my dealership that the bike is further delayed by 15 days and will be delivered only in March. Though the tentative delivery date was 26 Feb, I was told all MIYs will be delivered much earlier (Jan). Now it looks like the wait is going to be for ever. The dealership also said they are yet to deliver bookings made in early Nov. Not sure what is causing the delays. This is making me seriously reconsider if I should wait or look for another alternative considering there is no assurance that the bike will be delivered even in March.
Vikashmalya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 17:03   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikashmalya View Post
I received update from my dealership that the bike is further delayed by 15 days and will be delivered only in March. Though the tentative delivery date was 26 Feb, I was told all MIYs will be delivered much earlier (Jan). Now it looks like the wait is going to be for ever. The dealership also said they are yet to deliver bookings made in early Nov. Not sure what is causing the delays. This is making me seriously reconsider if I should wait or look for another alternative considering there is no assurance that the bike will be delivered even in March.
Thing is, MIY is a non refundable booking, so they know if you cancel, they still make money. hence they are delivering those faster. I will check with my dealer by Mid feb. If no chance of a delivery in Feb, then I will cancel booking. no point waiting till May....Then I will look at buying one in Oct-Nov timeframe when riding season recommences up north.
Old 27th January 2021, 17:09   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Thing is, MIY is a non refundable booking, so they know if you cancel, they still make money. hence they are delivering those faster. I will check with my dealer by Mid feb. If no chance of a delivery in Feb, then I will cancel booking. no point waiting till May....Then I will look at buying one in Oct-Nov timeframe when riding season recommences up north.
That’s the biggest concern for me too. If the bike delivery goes beyond the date provided, I am sure we can demand for the refund. Only trouble is.. that they have indicated the date as tentative delivery date and there is also a clear disclaimer added below that the dates may vary. I guess if we cancel, even when delivery date is not met, we might have to forego the booking amount for MIY.
Old 27th January 2021, 20:27   #380
BHPian

How is the availability of accessories for Meteor? I'm talking to 2 RE dealers to get Pannier mount https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/gma/KXA00042/ and Sump guard https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/gma/KXA00159/ But stocks don't seems to be coming through.

Any suggestions for 3rd party accessories for Meteor in Bangalore?
Old 30th January 2021, 10:11   #381
BHPian

Took delivery of Me350.a.k.a "Kalindi" couple of days back. Have completed 350+ Kms and given her for 1st service. Planning to take her to Kerala today afternoon for a long 500+ km ride. My observations so far is listed below

1. I've completely fallen in love with "Kalindi" mainly because how she makes you feel when you ride, be it in city traffic, yummy twistes or long stretch of multi lane highways. The low end torque is simply amazing, you can easily use 2nd gear to handle massive speed humbs and when it comes to 5th gear it's a revelation. You can slot to 5th at speeds as low as 40( my weight is 70kgs for reference) and twist the throttle and She'll be happy to pull and take you to indicated 120 in the same gear. Just one gear
2. I was a bit worried that new engine might feel lifeless or characterless compared to old RE thumpers, but I'm proven wrong ( thank god). At low speeds it emits satisfying but slightly muted thump whereas at high speeds it is more like a fast chugging ( unlike Japanese engines). Its enjoyable at every rev range
3. RE has manged to infuse just the right amout of vibrations to keep people like me happy ( I want that mechanical feel without vibrating my eyeballs out). It never gets annoying or scary but let's you know that it's there. Kudos to RE.
4. Engines seems to go be having two faces. One calm and thumpy phase (0-70 kph) then there is this transition (70-80) post which comes the cruise phase ( 80-120). I'm loving it
4. It's one of the best handling REs so far. Devouring corners never been this easy. While 650 brothers are also good, Me350 scores more especially because of lower weight
5. Straight line and high speed stability is superb. Vehicle feels rock solid at 90+ speeds and you can actually take your hands of the handle bar and she'll continue tracing the straight line (not that it's recommended). I was riding on a road which had its surface removed and was riddled with "killer" grooves and was surprised to see Me350 soldiering on like its a normal tarmac.
6. Gear shifting feels slick and easy. Haven't faced any false neutrals so far. Even shifting to neutral from 2nd or 1st requires just a tap
7. Headlamp provides good. Illumination and is good for city as well as highway rides (I don't know why people complain about it). Throw is wide and long. No complaints here
8. Brakes are not sharp but gets the job done. No drama or scary moments so far
9. Seats ( touring one) feels hard but comfortable no issues so far
10. Horn is loud enough ( no need to switch as I was planning earlier)
11. Headlamp cum flasher button is still confusing me. Hopefully I'll get used to it
12. Getting 30+ mileage easily ( I don't care about mileage anyway)
13. No storage space, hence fiited Rs 400 tank bag ( from Gp Road, Chennai)
Expect More details after my 500+ km ride home
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-20210128_144749.jpg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-20210128_131107.jpg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-20210129_164146.jpg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-20210129_171721.jpg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-20210129_190634.jpg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-20210129_192756.jpg  

Last edited by IntoTheStorm : 30th January 2021 at 10:24.
IntoTheStorm is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 15:31   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
Took delivery of Me350.a.k.a "Kalindi" couple of days back.
Congratulations on your new ride, wish you lot of (s)miles on Kalindi

Quote:
9. Seats ( touring one) feels hard but comfortable no issues so far
Is this seat offered along with bike or took it as a accessory fitting?

Quote:
13. No storage space, hence fiited Rs 400 tank bag ( from Gp Road, Chennai)
This is a big NO from my point of view while I understand your discomfort for storage space. Look out for any after market soft panniers and do try it out.

Good Luck!
ManneAtWheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 15:49   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManneAtWheelz View Post
Congratulations on your new ride, wish you lot of (s)miles on Kalindi
Thanks

Is this seat offered along with bike or took it as a accessory fitting?
This is a big NO from my point of view while I understand your discomfort for storage space. Look out for any after market soft panniers and do try it out.
Good Luck!
Thanks .. I have opted for touring seat during booking.
I have rynox saddle bag with me ( at my home town). Will bring it back to Chennai when i return.
IntoTheStorm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 13:56   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan_n8 View Post
This is quite strange. We booked two Meteors on the 29th of December and were also told maximum 4 weeks time to which we said Last week of Jan or first week of Feb and the said yes. But their system showed 28th March delivery. Aside from the fact that the saleswoman had no technical or basic gyan also she was confident that the wait would be max 1 month. This was the nearest showroom but if this is how the experience is we will definitely cancel the booking and buy from elsewhere.
Another update from what appears to be a proper scam by Lamba Motors, Delivery date pushed from Mid March to Mid May! And all this while at the time booking all assurances were given of delivery by last week of Jan. I am now escalating to RE and getting my booking cancelled. May June is too hot to ride and then the next 2 months are monsoons making the vehicle completely useless for us.
Old 1st February 2021, 14:20   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Another update from what appears to be a proper scam by Lamba Motors, Delivery date pushed from Mid March to Mid May! And all this while at the time booking all assurances were given of delivery by last week of Jan. I am now escalating to RE and getting my booking cancelled. May June is too hot to ride and then the next 2 months are monsoons making the vehicle completely useless for us.
Hey.. I'm part of a few RE Meteor groups on facebook, and I've seen many people posting about the same thing. A lot of them have even received emails from RE directly, stating a delay in delivery due to high demand and production issues.

I haven't received anything personally, this is just what I've observed happening with other people. So, maybe it's your dealers fault, but it's also quite possible that there is a delay directly from RE.
Old 1st February 2021, 14:46   #386
BHPian

Quote:

I haven't received anything personally, this is just what I've observed happening with other people. So, maybe it's your dealers fault, but it's also quite possible that there is a delay directly from RE.
I am most certain it is a delay from RE however we booked two vehicles on multiple re-assurances by the dealer saying maximum we would have to wait would be till the last week of January even though the system was showing 3rd week of March. Had they told us it what it is,we would have not booked only.
Old 1st February 2021, 17:38   #387
BHPian

After i was informed by the dealership that the delivery of my bike is delayed further by 15 days (booked - 28 Nov, tentative delivery - 26 Feb, Current delivery date - 10 Mar), i visited my dealership to discuss options. Since it is MIY, refund would not be possible, not that i am looking to cancel it now. The delay i was told is on account of some parts not being made available by vendor/ thirdparty for production. I guess this is now been sorted and bookings made during early November are being honoured in the month of Feb. I guess it is worth the wait. If you are looking at a cruiser type bike, and in this price range, we do not have many options. I test rode Jawa before i booked Meteor and i liked the power delivery of Jawa, but the quality / features is not even comparable.

I was also contemplating if i could change my booking to a readily available Interceptor. Luckily for me, there was a readily available Interceptor which i can take. I test drove the interceptor and loved the linear delivery. I found the handle bar to be heavy and turning (u-turns) was a bit difficult without having to land my feet. Also, there was some wobble when driven on uneven turf. May be it was only with test mule. Overall i dint feel the need to rush and upgrade due to the delay. Right after this, i again test drove Meteor and i was sold that i will wait for it whenever it is going to be delivered.

As rightly mentioned by one of the service executive, it is better to wait and get the bike of our choice rather than having to live with one that we got just due to quicker delivery.
Vikashmalya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 14:39   #388
BHPian

As I mentioned earlier, I took my “Kalindi” back to Kerala. Before that I have got her serviced after covering 369 kms and paid Rs 1478 ( Oil, cam-cover gasket and other thingies). I gave the vehicle at 9 AM and she was ready by 10:45 AM.My trip distance was ~510 kms. I started at around 4:30 PM and kept speeds below 80 for the first 50 kms and gradually increased the speed to 90-100, occasionally hitting the top speed of just above 120 kmph. Reached destination by around 2.00 AM (spent 1 hour on dinner break and had taken multiple pic/ coffee breaks as well) - actual running time comes to around 8 hours. Also during the dinner break met a Meteor rider who was riding in the opposite direction ( to Chennai)
Few observations from the ride
- You can sit at 100-105 kph all day - making it a good “CRUISER” for our conditions ( as against observations of some fellow BHPians who think only bikes above 500 cc/OR/with more than one cylinder can be considered as “CRUISER” )
- No heating or oil leakage
- Seat feels hard but good for long rides and didn't face “numb-bum syndrome”
- Highway stability is excellent - despite conditions being windy
- Was sitting in 5th gear 90% of the time, you dont need any other gear
- Headlight is good enough for multilane highways ( repeating the point once again)
- Exhaust note was music to my ears ( provided me with reassurance somehow ) - it kind of gurgles and pops at overrun
- Clutch feels light - no pain
I will be uploading a video about my trip on my Youtube channel soon.
Some pics from the ride
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-8ea4f8396ee5427b82b6f9d17669596d.jpeg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-dc5885b630d54a59bc81baf9c8b496a9.jpeg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-f3be750595c64046a1b7d55b0c78fc13.jpeg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-6e34e98b51fb47e39d84b3759da42ff8.jpeg  

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-fe83e92f76c24ab4b506c59658b1488d.jpeg  

IntoTheStorm is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 00:12   #389
Senior - BHPian

Up to Five months of waiting period on Royal Enfield Meteor 350 as per some dealer sources located in Delhi NCR, Pune and Mumbai.

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Fireball leaked, now launched at 1.75 lakhs-20210204_000823.jpg

Source
Old 4th February 2021, 11:32   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Up to Five months of waiting period on Royal Enfield Meteor 350 as per some dealer sources located in Delhi NCR, Pune and Mumbai.
The NCR dealer states that in the month of Jan, they delivered ONE meteor! Just ONE!! all deliveries pushed out by at least a month more.

Going to cancel my booking. No point in getting the bike in end may/June when the temp is 45 plus, followed by rains in aug. no way can one enjoy a ride then. will rethink in oct if the bike is readily available, or look at their new 650 cruiser if that is priced reasonably.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks