Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2021, 14:09   #301
BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

Why should there be any surprises or an uproar? Common sense dictates that Ola would definitely screw up a bunch of scooters out of every 100. Why expect Toyotaesque quality from a new manufacturer with a new product?

Want a proper product? Wait it out.

When we recommend waiting 6 months to a year for buying a new product from existing manufacturers (car & bikes) why not extend the same courtesy to Ola?

I personally wouldn’t touch an Ola product for the next 3-5 years.
TROOPER is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 14:55   #302
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

In typical dealerships like Honda. When the scooters come from factory to the yard or dealer showroom. Some do get scratched or dented when transported and before we see it in the dealer for inspection those parts may be replaced or painted.

Hell when I took my aviator for delivery the headlight visor/faring was scratched which the dealer replaced after getting delivery.

Since OLA is delivering directly to customer. Those things cannot be replaced before delivery.

This can only be solved if they have a distribution center in other cities with spares to change the dented or scratched part.
aim120 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 17:33   #303

This has definitely happened post shipping from factory. I am sure they have all quality assurance systems in place up to shipping stage. Now they have to get into details of every step in logistics and delivery of vehicles in good condition. The quicker they fix it the better for them. Customer perception during this stage is vital.
Allterrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 17:44   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
P.S - For everyone who bashes Chinese origin electric scooters, Im yet to hear of any customer taking delivery of scooters with broken panels. Im not saying they are better products than the Ola S1, but at least they have some quality systems in place.
Agree with the rest of your post except this. I have owned cheap Chinese assembled electric scooters and believe me, the quality is really POOR. I got the floor board replaced 2 times, the side stand 3 times. And now the grab handle broke last week. But again, I never expected much from it. That's the reason I never complain. Chinese electric scooters are cheap and there aren't many alternates in the price range. But don't expect quality from them.
udaikalra01 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 20:21   #305
BHPian

So all the digital tech, connected features, moods, widgets won't be available for use till June 2022. This is literally ridiculous. How can you advertise and take bookings for a feature that isn't even ready yet and will be available 6 months after delivery!
Attached Thumbnails
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_20211229_201642.jpg  

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_20211229_201631.jpg  

udaikalra01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 07:44   #306
BHPian

Ola is delivering the S1 Pro vehicle with pro features locked to those who ordered base variant S1. If owners want the software features and more range, they can unlock those by paying Rs 30,000. Ola S1 and S1 Pro are priced at Rs 99,999 and Rs 1,29,999 respectively.

This is similar to what Tesla did with their Model 3 during the initial phase of production rampup. Ather is also doing the same with 450x and 450 plus.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-s1_s1pro.jpg
sri_tesla is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 10:37   #307
Senior - BHPian

Those who cancelled their booking, how long did it take to receive the refund? I cancelled my booking on 24th December. Till yesterday the app status was showing "refund under process" and this morning it showed as "refunded". But I can't see any credit in my accounts. When I check the refund receipt in the app, it shows "refund completed. The refund amount, subject to charges, will be credited back to the source by the respective merchants within seven to ten working days".

What merchant? I thought Ola had no dealers. So that must be Ola itself. What charges? Smells fishy to me.

Last edited by Gansan : 30th December 2021 at 10:45.
Gansan is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 11:05   #308
BHPian

Seems my insurance quote is lesser in Kerala and Ola called to confirm that the amount will be credited back to my payment method. Also got a message from Vahan that scooter registration has been initiated. Looks like they are moving forward but no way they are meeting the 30Dec deadline they set.
fuzzydealhunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 09:35   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post

What merchant? I thought Ola had no dealers. So that must be Ola itself. What charges? Smells fishy to me.
AFAIK Ola has done a good job of refunds so far. Delayed in some cases, but most definitely refunds are done.

That said, I do hope Ola has sorted out the quality issue in the next batch of deliveries. I am due to get my scooter in the 15th Jan to 31st Jan batch. It will be so disappointing to get a scooter that has to be returned immediately for repairs or replacement.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 11:14   #310
Senior - BHPian

December deliveries dispatched

Quote:
Bhavish Aggarwal : we’ve dispatched vehicles to ALL who purchased.

Some in transit, most already at delivery centres near you getting through RTO registration process. The registration process took longer than we anticipated as a fully digital process is new for all.

Also, stay tuned for next purchase window, opening very soon

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20211231_111459.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20211231_111501.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20211231_111504.jpg

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20211231_111506.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 31st December 2021 at 11:17.
Venkatesh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 11:20   #311
Senior - BHPian

On a separate note it seems like Ather sales has stagnated over the last 3 months, including December.

Ola says that have dispatched 4000 scooters in December.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...r-7882491.html

Ola Electric has shipped almost 4,000 scooters this month and are being delivered to customers across cities in India, a top executive told Moneycontrol. Of this, the company claims to have delivered more than a couple of thousands of vehicles across the country.

Vahan numbers just ticked over 100, January should be interesting.
avishar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 11:43   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
On a separate note it seems like Ather sales has stagnated over the last 3 months, including December.

Ola says that have dispatched 4000 scooters in December.
Not sure if Ather sales has stagnated, I was tracking Ather registrations for last 15 days and there were about 1000 new registrations(15,800 in 2021) in last 10 days.

OLA has just 108 registrations, january is the month to look for OLA.
SKC-auto is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 22:33   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Not sure if Ather sales has stagnated, I was tracking Ather registrations for last 15 days and there were about 1000 new registrations(15,800 in 2021) in last 10 days.

OLA has just 108 registrations, january is the month to look for OLA.
Ola did not deliver the Scooters that it promised for many people and their incompetency and failure to deliver a finished product continues.

Till 31st Dec evening the Customer care Parrots were insisting that the deliveries will happen without exposing any of contacts who were handling Delivery.

Now Mr. Bhavish the dreamer sends across a tweet about learnings from RTOs and other experiences. Before that he puts out a pic with so much of deliveries to be done on the last day and dispatches done to so many cities. Who waits till the last day and tweets about the delivery. If this continues, am really concerned for the thousands of people who have put their money and waiting. Also worried about the technical expertise in solving mechanical / software issues.

My Ola scooter has not been delivered as promised but my Scooter insurance has already begun on 23rd December. Even after escalating, they have not bothered to revert with a corrective action.

Lots of customers who paid 1 to 1.4Lakh rupees have had similar experiences and are tweeting about it.

On top of this, Ola hasn't stopped its marketing gimmicks. They have shipped S1 scooters with S1 Pro hardware and it will be unlocked by paying 30k. What kind of a sick joke is that. They are putting the bigger battery pack into S1 and controlling with a software update. They dint make enough S1 scooters it appears or there is some issue with it.

I hope Government has some tough laws to discourage automobile companies from taking so many customers for a ride like this. They should not be allowed to collect so much money and also see to it that the post delivery service setup and framework is in place.
muni is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 00:38   #314
BHPian

Look what came in just in time!
Attached Thumbnails
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-0c64555fac11418980b6929e8645ce2d.jpeg  

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-cc89af4ac6c8495682d7fbe7d7af9f5d.jpeg  

Blackbolt is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 11:01   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbolt View Post
Look what came in just in time!
Please post more photos, are there any panel gaps near the screen, any seat tear near the grab rail.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks