Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2023, 16:28   #796
BHPian

Re: 2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
This happens only when the throttle is at zero level. it was shown in a video. You could be moving on the road while doing this.
Yes i might have done this wrong or missed a beat on the throttle.

Quote:
I am surprised the low down torque is poor, was it not around 30NM around 2K rpm from the curve?
Let me clarify its not poor, its good. Comparably the triumphs are a bit better here. It is in no way poor or inadequate.
Old 27th November 2023, 16:33   #797
BHPian

So with delivery times more than 3 months for kamet white, there is no way delivery for folks before 31st December would be possible.
So will the introductory prices still be valid for pre-bookings made? Any insights on this?

I think RE had honoured this earlier for pre-booked bikes.
However if they do not, then this is the biggest marketing gimmick again for pipping the year end sales!
Old 27th November 2023, 17:29   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Will miss Itchy Boots. And, I admire her for using the bike to the hilt. The protection has taken quite a hit.
A very user / rider focused review, easy to understand.

She did mention in the video that the scratches on the hand guard were already present when she was handed over the bike.
Meer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 18:32   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
So with delivery times more than 3 months for kamet white, there is no way delivery for folks before 31st December would be possible.
So will the introductory prices still be valid for pre-bookings made? Any insights on this?

I think RE had honoured this earlier for pre-booked bikes.
However if they do not, then this is the biggest marketing gimmick again for pipping the year end sales!
Atleast in the dealership where i have the booking it was informed that the launch price is only applicable for those who get the delivery within Dec 31st and beyond that it will be new price.
Old 27th November 2023, 18:38   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
Atleast in the dealership where i have the booking it was informed that the launch price is only applicable for those who get the delivery within Dec 31st and beyond that it will be new price.
Absolutely not acceptable! Spoke to the RE company store (has the worst rating in Bangalore) they have informed the same, the prices are only applicable for delivery on or before 31. But we don’t have stock to deliver all the pre-bookings made

So looks like it’s an eyewash for the hype. With no test ride bikes available largely , no good reviews on the sea level and no confidence from company on the additional/RSA for discounted/lower prices for pre-booked folks what was the point then? To have a pre booking window and same rules post disclosing prices as well?
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 19:00   #801
BHPian

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-20231127_172434.jpg

I got a chance to test ride the all new Himalayan 450 today and I have come back thoroughly impressed with the kind of improvements that RE has managed in this current generation. Here’s a short list of my observations from a quick test ride (courtesy - Sai Ram Autocraft RE near Mahadevapura, Bangalore).
  • The bike looks like a big bike from all quarters and when you sit on it, it feels as if you’re sitting on a throne( way more comfortable one than the Iron throne). The ergonomics are spot on and I had absolutely no issues with the footrest position (my height is 169cms for reference). 196kgs of metal (and some plastics) sure made their presence felt especially when moving it around with the engine off.
  • The bike felt proper fast and extremely nimble even with those large 21 inch front wheels. The low end torque delivery is predictable and comes in waves as the revs climb steadily from ~2500 rpm onwards.
  • Vibrations are definitely there but compared to the previous gen it has reduced by almost 60-70% in the lower revs. At the top end, the engine felt a bit thrashy.
  • The gearshifts are extremely smooth but in terms of the throttle response I felt a slight delay between the actual throttle input and the corresponding increase in engine rpm. This is masked well in lower gears but while riding at let’s say 3rd/4th gear at 30-40kmph, this delay was more noticeable.
  • The radiator fan went on for a couple of times but it didn’t roast my leg at all. The mirrors slightly vibrate as you get near to the top end but that is still manageable.
  • The suspension, just like in the previous gen, is simply delightful. The bike made the Outer Ring Road feel like Agra Lucknow Expressway ! The potholes are almost nonexistent when you’re on the Himalayan and the stock tires provide enough grip in a dirt/gravel(faced a small under construction stretch and couldn’t help revving it out).
  • The seat felt plush and it was definitely one of the most comfortable rides I have had in quite a long time.
  • The brakes felt pretty decent by RE standards and are a huge leap forward (from the older Himalayan brakes). The ABS was bit too intrusive on gravel patches but the TC worked pretty well. I was riding in the Performance mode with both ABS/TC turned on.
  • The console is gorgeous to look at and the viewing angle is perfect (even when you're up on the pegs).

Eagerly waiting for an opportunity to take it to some local trails around BLR.

Thanks to BHPian @rhik94 & my colleague Ujjwal for accompanying me to this test ride !

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-20231127_172420.jpg

Last edited by turboNath : 27th November 2023 at 19:22.
turboNath is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 19:21   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely not acceptable! Spoke to the RE company store (has the worst rating in Bangalore) they have informed the same, the prices are only applicable for delivery on or before 31. But we don’t have stock to deliver all the pre-bookings made

So looks like it’s an eyewash for the hype. With no test ride bikes available largely , no good reviews on the sea level and no confidence from company on the additional/RSA for discounted/lower prices for pre-booked folks what was the point then? To have a pre booking window and same rules post disclosing prices as well?
The gentleman from HSR RE was kind enough to announce this during price announcement to manage expectations. But they do also expect people to pass on their pre booking vehicle if they so choose to take 2024 MY vehicles. Atleast that is what i am expecting that some people will deny or push their deliveries to next year and i might get lucky.
The RSA, Extended warranty details are expected to be shared in a couple of weeks is what we were told. I am not expecting discounts anywhere, so will wait and watch how this pans out.

I did not have any issue taking a test ride, i believe most showrooms if not all atleast in south india would have the TR bikes.
aston_martyr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 19:24   #803
Senior - BHPian

To the guys who are checking it out in person - Can the digital dash be lowered a notch? Is it adjustable? As I see an extra set of holes on its mount. This has not been mentioned by anyone.
Old 27th November 2023, 19:31   #804
BHPian

Quote:
To the guys who are checking it out in person - Can the digital dash be lowered a notch? Is it adjustable? As I see an extra set of holes on its mount. This has not been mentioned by anyone.
I for one tried to physically push it down or up, but nothing happened. It is held in place quite firmly. I did not observe the holes on the mount. Might check this out next time i visit them.
Old 27th November 2023, 21:40   #805
BHPian

Quote:
The team did mention that the entire headlight assembly and that front portion can be shifted down. And is homologated as well since certain other countries do not require a front number plate.
I don't believe you can shift it down with the number plate present.

Meanwhile, Noraly's complaint about the Tripper Dash was hilarious! She had to cut out 50% of all that she had vlogged because of the shutter speed issue. Genuinely felt bad for her lol...vloggers out there, watch out
shyamg28 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 10:10   #806

The brakes felt pretty decent by RE standards and are a huge leap forward (from the older Himalayan brakes). The ABS was bit too intrusive on gravel patches but the TC worked pretty well. I was riding in the Performance mode with both ABS/TC turned on.

Wait what? This bike does not have traction control right? I heard it being a complaint quite a few times. Can please clarify on this? Thanks a lot.
NotThePro is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 10:50   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThePro View Post
The brakes felt pretty decent by RE standards and are a huge leap forward (from the older Himalayan brakes). The ABS was bit too intrusive on gravel patches but the TC worked pretty well. I was riding in the Performance mode with both ABS/TC turned on.

Wait what? This bike does not have traction control right? I heard it being a complaint quite a few times. Can please clarify on this? Thanks a lot.
Edit: My apologies, i did not realise you were quoting another post.

Original message from me: Is there a TC offered at all on this bike? I though it was just ABS with an on/off option.

Regards
Bharath

Last edited by bharath79 : 28th November 2023 at 10:53.
bharath79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 11:54   #808
BHPian

Quote:

Agree 100%. The same was explained very sheepishly to a prospective customer who made the booking on the spot, with the expectation that he will be offered the introductory price. He was later explained that it will not be possible for them to :-
a) Deliver the bike before Dec 31 and hence the introductory price will not be applicable for his booking.
b) The staff have no idea what the approximate price hike from RE could be, post Dec 31st (approximate 10-15 k is the expected hike as a consensus)
c) The showroom staff also went on to add that there might be a steep increase in the RTO tax on two wheelers above 250 cc in Karnataka and we can expect another 10k to be added to the on road tax. All this will cumulate to the on road price of the top spec Himalayan to be well over 4 lakhs on road in bangalore.

All this drama was in RE Showroom in Banashankari btw.
Neo18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 12:09   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo18 View Post
Agree 100%. The same was explained very sheepishly to a prospective customer who made the booking on the spot, with the expectation that he will be offered the introductory price. He was later explained that it will not be possible for them to :-
If only consumer had better rights in this country! I’m sure in top of it handling charges and what not will be slapped on the ex-showroom price the dealers would want us to shell for their utility bills as well if allowed. Plus a markup on the registration for the convince of us not going to RTO but an added cost for the convince fee as well!

I wish there was a way all would boycott these gimmicks and not buy at all! Going the legal route is something which a normal working guy like most of us cannot even afford due to time constraints and the legal fees until you fight it out!

If RE could be clear and keep their dealers in check it would be the easiest way to solve these issues! Škoda came miles ahead under zac hollis! However RE themselves are not standing by the rules, the company store in BTM Bangalore is itself imposing random charges and is clear that you will have to shell more even if you have pre-booked!
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 12:16   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThePro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Edit: My apologies, i did not realise you were quoting another post.

Original message from me: Is there a TC offered at all on this bike? I though it was just ABS with an on/off option.

Regards
Bharath

Thanks for pointing this out. I didn't see the TC light flash at any time. Checked few articles and some are claiming that it comes with TC. Can anyone please confirm if it is configurable through that display?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks