Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2023, 21:14   #736
BHPian

Re: 2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
Good pricing, but not as great or shocking like the Speed 400. 2.5 for base would have made things interesting.
Yes, Speed pricing was so lucrative that I booked later that evening. For this I am going to wait and watch. Also, the price here in Bangalore is very close to the Inty 650; just 30k.

Also, the Scram 650 is on the way along (with a possible weight reduction) and possibly a lower spec Scram 450. Interesting times.
sprocket is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 21:28   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Also, the price here in Bangalore is very close to the Inty 650; just 30k.
I think this was always expected, esp. for BLR, and I am sure post-introductory price there will be at least one variant more expensive than the Interceptor.

In all fairness, this is a far more capable bike than the Interceptor. Quoting my post from earlier in this thread, apologies for narcissism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrish View Post
I think top-end will be +20k at least. They will leave the base variants affordable to 411 buyers but the top end will easily be as expensive as the base Interceptor.

A lot of reviewers are citing the fact that they can't price a 450 too close to a 650, but I think RE will take 650+Showa as the baseline for that comparison (i.e. Super Meteor) and not the Conti/Int that have 41mm noodles. The number of 650 owners in my circle who are willing to let go of their current bike for the 450 is proof that displacement isn't the main motivation for desirability and thus can't be the main one for pricing either.

Long term, they will bring Showa to 650 twins and build the price separation from the 450.
ostrish is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 21:45   #738
HTC
BANNED

Fabulous pricing. Though it sounds 15k to 20k higher than expected, it still packs a lot of punch. With many necessary and advanced features like ride by wire, navigation, liquid cooled engine, seat height adjustment etc, the pricing is still OK. I hope pre booked customers are not given the media review bikes .

Having lived with cast iron Bullet for 15 years, I am sure that there would be niggles in initial batch. From day one, my old bullet had a air crack at the petrol tank cap base. Every service, they used to change the rubber bush in the cap but it never solved the issue. If I fill the tank to full, then petrol used to leak out everytime I hit a speed bump or pothole. I started applying araldite around the cap base to stop the leak. This used to holdup for a month or two. Finally after 14 years I got the tank removed and got it welded to fix the leak. This is how RE quality was. I would love to be proven wrong with the new Himalayan. Either way, I would not complain much.

Having done zanskar - Ladakh circuit last year on rented himalayan, I understood how simple yet effective the bike is for such terrain. We had our share of trouble when fuel pump of one bike konked off. We lost a day. Had to ship the bike from Diskit to Leh. Continue our journey on 3 bikes. Had to skip Spiti aswell. Faced 2 punctures too. First time we got it fixed by puncture shop guy. We had seen how it's done. Next puncture happened at Pang. Luckily I had purchased the puncture kit which helped to fix it at night and continue our journey. Since we were flexible with our itinerary, it didnt affect us much.

I'm saying all this as bullet is the bike which gives you many memories. Good or bad its left to us to decide. Hope new Himalayan will be more reliable.
HTC is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 21:46   #739
GKU
BHPian

I attended the launch event at showroom close to my home. Below are my first impression /observation.
  1. Beautiful bike !, very good looking I must say.
  2. Well put together, as everyone talk, compared to my 2014 Bullet 500, RE has come very long way.
  3. Weight distribution seems managed well. Didn't feel like 190+Kgs, felt very similar to 390 adventure while pick it from side stand and while leaning. (observation at standstill – things can be very different while riding )
  4. I asked the folks to rev the engine, it sounded sweet and very refined, slight buzz near fuel tank , proper test ride would reveal the real story .
Flaw

I felt this is somewhat important. foot pegs were fouling with my legs and it was very annoying. It will be an issue in city for sure. I tried with different seat height, problem is very pronounced in higher position and slightly reduces with lower position ( I am 5.9). I also confirmed with couple of other folks who were present, everyone agreed that foot pegs were indeed fouling with legs.

Launch

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-launch.jpg

Observe foot pegs fouling with my legs

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-fp-fouling.jpg

foot peg fouling clear picture

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-fp-fouling-2.jpg

Looked very compact for 450cc

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-compact.jpg

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-bike.jpg

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-yt.jpg

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-yt-2.jpg

Cheers !

Last edited by GKU : 24th November 2023 at 21:49.
GKU is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 21:50   #740

Hi all,

Had an opportunity to be part of unveil here in Bengaluru.

Quality is a really step up from current himalyan, but I could notice few typical Royal Enfield traits in the fit and finish aspect.

Overall a decent package for the price, I only hope for niggle free ownership.

Test drive to start in next 3-4 working days.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-pxl_20231124_201246330.jpg  

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-pxl_20231124_201242256.jpg  

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-pxl_20231124_201236789.jpg  

M_Power11 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 21:59   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
A little birdie just told me

"The Shotgun 650 will officially make its global debut at Motoverse 2023 with 25 limited edition motorcycles at an exclusive price for which lucky 25 will be drawn through random raffle pick. These customers will then pay a non-refundable booking amount of Rs 20,000. The bikes will be delivered in January 2024"

If I'm wrong, you may blame the birdie....
Keep your birdie very close - it's probably a rare reliable source.
maskebail is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 23:13   #742

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
A little birdie just told me

"The Shotgun 650 will officially make its global debut at Motoverse 2023 with 25 limited edition motorcycles at an exclusive price for which lucky 25 will be drawn through random raffle pick. These customers will then pay a non-refundable booking amount of Rs 20,000. The bikes will be delivered in January 2024"

If I'm wrong, you may blame the birdie....
Already launched with a Shining loud blue color. Lucky draw for a bike wow. Although it just like the leaks. A super meteor witha relaxed riding position. Looks like Royal Enfield can make three bikes from a 650 engine with similar chassis. One forward set foot peg, another neutral & then aggressive.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-screenshot_20231124230840.jpg  

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-screenshot_20231124230835.jpg  

Harsh_sharma is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 00:11   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKU View Post
foot pegs were fouling with my legs and it was very annoying. It will be an issue in city for sure. I tried with different seat height, problem is very pronounced in higher position and slightly reduces with lower position ( I am 5.9).
Firstly congratulations on being one of the first few on this forum to get a first hand feel of the Himalayan.

Thanks for bringing out this very important point. Till now, nobody else had brought it out. I'm more curious because I'm also 5'9" and would face similar issues. Point noted for test ride.

One more query. Could you flat foot both sides at the lower position of the standard seat at 825 mm?

Quote:
Looked very compact for 450cc
That's because the fins are now missing. It's just the cylinder with the liquid cooling jacket.
aviator1101 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 00:34   #744
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsh_sharma View Post
Already launched with a Shining loud blue color. Lucky draw for a bike wow. Although it just like the leaks. A super meteor witha relaxed riding position. Looks like Royal Enfield can make three bikes from a 650 engine with similar chassis. One forward set foot peg, another neutral & then aggressive.

This just looks weird. God knows what made then come up with it. Certainly glad it’s limited to 25 units only.

On the Himalayan pricing, bang on. Honestly giving me some FOMO vibes since I got a Triumph Speed 400 recently. My work doesn’t really allows for long tours so yeah I guess I’m better off with my Speed 400. But certainly they’ve got the price right. I just hope they make sure the fit and finish gets better with time. Those ugly welds don’t belong on otherwise a beautiful machine.

Last edited by Himanshu809 : 25th November 2023 at 00:35.
Himanshu809 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 00:34   #745
BHPian

Hi everyone, had the opportunity to see the Himalayan 452 during unveil at Kwality RE, Banashankari. Here are few of my observations:
1. The bike looks substantial, build quality is leagues above the current Himalayan.
2. The seat felt cushy, but need to test it for long runs
3. Rear suspension felt like magic, it is supple
4. Paint quality felt very good
5. The bike felt pretty well balanced and light on it’s feet than what the spec sheet suggests
6. Switch gear mostly felt average, couldn’t check the features of the dash but the display looked sharp
7. Do not know the differences between variants yet apart from the colours
8. Sounds better than KTM ADV390
9. Ride by wire felt crisp, but a proper test ride would give a much better idea
10. As per the representative, test rides from tomorrow or Monday depending on RTO approval, colour Kaza Brown-test ride vehicle, deliveries to commence from December.
Will share more details after a test ride.
Bottomline- it is priced quite well, backed by widest dealer and service network, we have a winner here. Personally, I am interested. Let us see how the test ride goes.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-e11666e676d74dc9bb3c06dd681df320.jpeg  

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-d290171a26e1463b94e8a6e9aee1b560.jpeg  

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-46dd459d8fc04b329c4bc4e142a0d617.jpeg  

Legal_Eagle is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 02:18   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power11 View Post
Hi all,

Had an opportunity to be part of unveil here in Bengaluru.

Quality is a really step up from current himalyan, but I could notice few typical Royal Enfield traits in the fit and finish aspect.

Overall a decent package for the price, I only hope for niggle free ownership.

Test drive to start in next 3-4 working days.
After all the infinite exaggeration on quality and the fit and finesse of this motorcycle, if this is what RE can achieve and that too on a display unit, I am not buying this motorcycle. Cancelling my booking and going for a 390 Duke instead.

2023 Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 | Now officially revealed-pxl_20231124_201236789.jpg

Last edited by iron.head : 25th November 2023 at 02:21.
iron.head is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 03:31   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKU View Post
I felt this is somewhat important. foot pegs were fouling with my legs and it was very annoying. It will be an issue in city for sure. I tried with different seat height, problem is very pronounced in higher position and slightly reduces with lower position ( I am 5.9). I also confirmed with couple of other folks who were present, everyone agreed that foot pegs were indeed fouling with legs.

Observe foot pegs fouling with my legs

Attachment 2535194
Well I've a harley super low which has the exact same foot peg setup, and the first time i rode the bike in traffic i was shocked on how it was fouling with my legs and how wide i had to keep my legs to to tiptoe at traffic lights. But i think that position has more to do with rider triangle than anything else, so more to do about ease while riding than tiptoeing, only issue i see is my sportster is quite a low bike so foot is always flat to the ground so very easy to maneuver once you get used to the peg position, whereas might be tough on the tall Himalayan, also pegs on the Sportster fold so if needed you can fold them and tip toe, no idea if Himalayan pegs fold or even if they do if they are spring loaded which would negate them in traffic. Trade offs -more time riding than at traffic lights

Last edited by mh09ad5578 : 25th November 2023 at 03:34.
mh09ad5578 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 09:25   #748
BHPian

For folks who have pre-booking, how many of you are going ahead and what’s the process as per the dealers?
Since the cut off is 31st December (too short, year end as well)

Also, for folks who want to cancel the pre-booking what is the process?

I don’t think all the pre-bookings will get converted to a purchase since the risk factor on buying a first iteration of a RE is very high and the prices are not lucrative enough to take a chance and see where it goes.

Specially with liquid cooled first iteration of engine, there are a gazzilion things which are unknown for it and hopefully the RE ASS would’ve have had an extensive training to make them walk through the liquid cooled part! However, risk to rewards seem very low as of now to invest 3.5~3.8 lakhs.

Maybe a free extended warranty and RSA for pre booking would’ve helped! To inspire confidence!
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 09:49   #749
Senior - BHPian

Whats the difference in the Variants?

Only color, right??
Old 25th November 2023, 10:06   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Whats the difference in the Variants?

Only color, right??
Yes for now no difference apart from the color.
We should expect a price difference with the rally version and tubeless spoke version.
Also according to the British launch the tubeless spoke version comes with the kamet white and as an optional for hanle black only. But i guess it would be available as an accessory in general. Video reference below.

aston_martyr is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks