Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2024, 20:31   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Here you go. Since it is smoked, it will have "reduced visibility" when seeing through it.
You are on a shopping spree.
Even i liked the smoked one since it helps hide the weird gap at front bw the tank and headlight. Btw, How tall are you and does it hamper your field of view while riding?
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 12:04   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The windscreen (and the resulting wind buffeting) is also a personal preference -- the height of the rider, seating/riding position, night riding vs day riding, helmet design/shape etc, etc. So will never be a one-size-fits-all.
I had a similar set up on the Interceptor, that is carbon racing screen with pro-spec deflector on top of it. Used it for a while, and eventually removed it and went back to the stock fly screen. Now, i have removed the small flyscreen as well.

Like you mentioned, its all a personal preference. A bike without windscreen is where the wind comes evenly onto body and helmet. Upto about 100 -110 kmph, there is not much buffeting. With taller windscreens of various types, i feel, we keep shifting the turbulence from wind drag to different levels, affecting the buffeting. It also affects dynamics, handling, and interacts with the natural wind and its direction. a Good helmet and a set of decent ear plugs helps a lot in cutting down buffeting based wind noises. I have also realized that at times we tend to go with certain modifications as a majority of people are adapting to it, without really analyzing if we really need it. Call it kind of invisible peer pressure. I have gone into many such mods myself eventually to realize that it is not really required for my usage, to begin with.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-02.jpg  

Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-01.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 12:09   #318
Senior - BHPian

I have done a great mod on the Honda CB 350, using parts from Honda, CR, PROSPEC and 6KIOM. I could adjust it to the last mm, and it offered great protection from the wind, but the cost is prohibitive
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
I had a similar set up on the Interceptor, that is carbon racing screen with pro-spec deflector on top of it. Used it for a while, and eventually removed it and went back to the stock fly screen. Now, i have removed the small flyscreen as well.
Old 4th March 2024, 18:04   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have done a great mod on the Honda CB 350, using parts from Honda, CR, PROSPEC and 6KIOM. I could adjust it to the last mm, and it offered great protection from the wind, but the cost is prohibitive
Sounds interesting, would you have some pics and details of the same?

This wind protection preference differs from rider to rider. There is an aftermarket company called Madstad known for making very tall screens for various bikes. A few riders imported them and installed on their Versys 650 and use to complain later of heat as the windscreen hardly allowed any air to pass by. It was like sitting in a car without AC and roof, and under the sun, a bit exaggeratedly.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-mad_stad_engineering_adjustable_windshield_system_kawasaki_versys65020102014.jpg  

nasirkaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 19:28   #320
Senior - BHPian

Yeah this was a pet project, but turned out well
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Sounds interesting, would you have some pics and details of the same?
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_0110.jpeg  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 10:09   #321
BHPian

Anyone here able to successfully pair their Google Pixel phones with the Tripper dash? Every time I try to connect, it gives an error. Have tried replacing o with 0, works with other phones but not Pixel.

Other than that when accelerating between 3000 RPM to 4000 RPM in 4th,5th and 6th gear, engine sounds really rough like gargling nails(becomes normal after that). I am not sure at this point if its the chain making the sound or its coming from the engine. Does anyone experience the same issue?

Last edited by P242 : 5th March 2024 at 10:15.
P242 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 19:44   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P242 View Post
Anyone here able to successfully pair their Google Pixel phones with the Tripper dash? Every time I try to connect, it gives an error. Have tried replacing o with 0, works with other phones but not Pixel.
I have a Pixel 6 and it doesn't connect. It is a known issue. They are working with Google to fix it. Unfortunately, there has been no communication of when to expect a fix
Old 5th March 2024, 20:38   #323
BHPian

Booked the Himalayan poppy blue with kwality motors, Banashankari, Bangalore. 3 months ETA given.

Made it clear, that I will be taking insurance outside.
Old 6th March 2024, 10:25   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_1590 View Post
have replaced their CGTs and Super-meteors with the new Himalayan!
Wow. The latter motorcycle got my attention. Unless you are looking for something a little lighter and easier to maneuver, I wonder why you'd give up a Super Meteor! You get heaps more power, better refinement, a supremely comfortable seat which allows for the most stress free ride ever, on a Royal Enfield. The only gripe might be that its hard to manage in traffic but a bike like that does not belong there.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 12:57   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_sedan View Post
I would suggest you to wait for the tyres to run in a bit. Fresh brand new tyres from factory sometimes pull towards one side. A proper run in will smooth things out.
Update on the pulling right sensation - I don't fee that anymore - not sure if my ride style has adjusted to the bike characteristics or the tyres have run in properly now.

Update after 1st service at 530 km - changed engine oil - I did ask the service advisor if I can get fully synthetic oil and if they can use that instead of the prescribed semi-synthetic. He flatly refused saying that it then wont appear on the records and will cause problems for warranty. Anyway maybe I will get it replaced from a trusted garage at say 2000 km and see if the ride feels smoother.

Engine feels slightly smoother now. Its still definitely a clattery engine - that is its core character. However with gloves and good riding boots, it doesn't bother me much - the bike has strong & stable performance on the highway and that keeps me entertained.

I haven't faced any issue yet - be it with the cone set, bike pulling to the left/right, timing chain. Hoping it stays like this fingers crossed.

Planning to get the tubeless rims, and "black-rally-hand-guards" as soon as they become available. The service center mentioned that they expect the kuckle guards to arrive earlier than the rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post
By reading multiple reviews here I get a feel that almost every owners have one or another point for dissatisfaction with the New Himalayan. I know there is no such thing as perfect bike. Is there any owner who is fully satisfied with what Himalayan 450 offers.
I am fully satisfied with the bike so far. There indeed are some below par characteristics such as clattery/vibey nature, weight, but these are not a blocker at all. I fact, i have gotten used to the weight now and make it a point to put it on main stand every time. You will feel it to be natural in under a month.
heinrici is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 13:02   #326
BHPian

Last weekend I completed a 3,000 km trip on my Himalayan 450 with two other friends who were riding a Super Meteor and a Tiger 900 respectively.

The itinerary I followed was:

Day 1: Nagpur - Akola - Jalgaon - Nashik - Trimbak

Day 2: Trimbak - Saptashrungi - Ahmednagar

Day 3: Ahmednagar - Pandharpur - Solapur

Day 4: Solapur - Tuljapur - Kolhapur

Day 5: Kolhapur - Panhala - Ganpatipule

Day 6: Ganpatipule - Murud (Dapoli) along the coastal road

Day 7: Murud - Dapoli - Mahad - Mahabaleshwar - Pune

Day 8: Pune - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad - Jalna - Akola - Nagpur

Here are my observations about the characteristics of the H450.

(a) The suspension of the H450 is the standout feature of the bike. It takes every road imperfection with aplomb be it potholes, surface undulations or loose gravel. I have realised that over a long ride you invariably have to negotiate stretches which are under construction or in a state of disprepair. It is over these stretches that you pat yourself for having chosen the H450. On good surfaces the bike feels extremely planted and encourages you to go as fast as you can dare. Cornering on twisties is so much fun!

(b) The perceived lack of torque in the lower revs is relative to what the rev-happy motor delivers in the medium and higher revs. I did not encounter any problems in this regard. The Super Meteor and the Tiger 900 would accelerate quicker after crossing an obstacle but I was always able to catch up and match their speeds. Negotiating slopes in the 1st or 2nd gear did not pose any problems at all. I did have to play with the clutch though. Gear changes in stop and go traffic are more frequent than some other bikes but it is not a major problem as the clutch is pretty light.

(c) Vibrations are felt at the foot pegs (more on the left side) and the handle, more so when the motor is struggling to churn out power in the 4k - 5k zone. It was barely noticeable the second day onwards so I guess I had got used to it by then. I have installed grip puppies so that mitigates the handlebar vibrations to an extent.

(d) Thank god for high-ankle/mid-shin riding boots. The engine heat does make its presence felt. The cooling fans, however, came on only when the bike was static for a couple of minutes.

(e) The rear brakes bite hard. On a couple of occasions the bike fishtailed when I applied the front and rear brakes simultaneously. Thereafter, I mostly used the front brakes which are progressive and get the job done even if they leave you with your heart in your mouth.

(f) The stock seat is comfortable for long rides. I carry a petite pillion rider's weight over my ideal body weight and yet I could easily ride for two hours at a stretch.

(g) The stock headlight only serves the purpose of being a DRL. Auxiliary lights are a must for riding during the dark hours.

(h) During the fag-end of the trip I felt that down-shifting gears had become a tad hard. I need to double-check on this though.

(i) The bike is top-heavy. I stand 6'3" tall so mounting, dismounting or manouevering it did not pose any major problem but I had to be careful. I did, however, manage to spill once at crawling speeds. I would rather get into shape to handle the bike rather than complain about its weight distribution.

Overall, the bike is a pleasure to ride over long distances while being forgiving to riders' errors. In my opinion, it fits the bill of being an ADV tourer better than any other bike in the 3-4 lakhs budget range.

I have barely finished one ride and I am already planning the next one.
rookieraj is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 13:25   #327
BANNED

Mod Note : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on this board.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th March 2024 at 13:39. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
Racedynamics is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th March 2024, 17:01   #328
Senior - BHPian

RE might launch these rims after they sell 10,000 units. They make good money this way. Regarding handguards, I havent found any, better than Barkbusters
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinrici View Post
Planning to get the tubeless rims, and "black-rally-hand-guards" as soon as they become available. The service center mentioned that they expect the kuckle guards to arrive earlier than the rims.
Old 6th March 2024, 17:41   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
RE might launch these rims after they sell 10,000 units. They make good money this way. Regarding handguards, I havent found any, better than Barkbusters
I am on the fence for a long time due to this and their pricing. If before those rims if any upcoming release news comes through they might loose customers. Xpulse 400 and KTM 390 Adv may cause some drift. But I don't think RE is worried about customers like me jumping ship. All that excuse of hypothecation of rims is difficult to believe. They might providing it with the raid trim and OEM accessory queue will have a huge wait list for these rims.
Old 7th March 2024, 19:17   #330
BHPian

Does anyone have a copy of price list for onroad price in Bangalore?

My bike is in for PDI and I see a parity of almost 5~6k in the final price.

Ex price is - 2.79lakh
RTO is - 61,071

rest I’m fine with since that’s on me.

However I feel the RTO charges were lower, has govt jacked up the tax? Or the dealer? Can someone please confirm, thanks in advance!

PS: this is for kamet white

Last edited by bhansali_hardik : 7th March 2024 at 19:18.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks