Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2013, 18:15   #616
BHPian

Re: The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
My Red Ported RXZ, Loaded with RDD CDi kit, RDD porting, RZ reed valve with custom fiber petals, RDD chamber, 28 mm flat slider carburetor with 380 main jet.

Thats pretty much the RXZ of my dreams. Put up some more pics of that beast mate. Amazing set up there. Can u suggest a chamber for my '98 RXZ 4-speed which is 'bone-stock'. Looking to pep up the bike a bit.
Old 18th February 2013, 19:25   #617
BANNED

Thanks for liking it mate, age is catching up and not getting enough time for my bikes hence decided to part with most of them, yesterday after last ride on this beauty I gave this bike for sale, retained the complete setup after putting all stock parts, will hand over the ported setup to someone within group.
Feeling sad but its time to move on.
Many chamber makers are around get one made for stock setup, even i have Blue RXZ 4 speed from first quarter of 2000, last batch of 4 speed RXZ, not sure whether I am going to retain that or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Thats pretty much the RXZ of my dreams. Put up some more pics of that beast mate. Amazing set up there. Can u suggest a chamber for my '98 RXZ 4-speed which is 'bone-stock'. Looking to pep up the bike a bit.
Old 15th March 2013, 22:04   #618
MDe
BHPian

Its so great to see the Yamaha RX thread buzzing even now. Really happy to see all the bikes around. Good to see the great work on Ajaybiz's bike.
Well, for me, after all these years of driving around in my car, I want to get some wind back in my hair and am looking at restoring my Yamaha RXZ. Sad part is, I dont know any good mechanics around Hitec City in Hyderabad to service my bike up and get it back into running. Any suggestions will be real helpful. Cheers!
Old 19th March 2013, 07:11   #619

Hey Guys,
Well Its been a long time since I got back on this thread,, that doesn;t in any way reduce my love for my RX-135 (5-Speed). Great to see that the grand old RX still commands so much respect in todays age of microprocessor controlled, oil-cooled, disk-braked and ABS tech bikes. Well, just the other day, I was offered 35k for my baby that I've been riding for 12+ years now. My wife was significantly interested in getting rid of my first love, but my one look was enough to convey it to her and the interested buyer that the bike is going with me to my grave. I actually don't care what anyone is offerring,, I love this bike and thats about it!!
Cheers n Ride Safe!
Bala
Old 26th April 2013, 13:57   #620

Hi folks,

I would like to upsize the tyres and with alloys for my 5 speed.Please help me in selecting the alloys and wider tyres. The bike is at Kerala.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-pix-1.jpg  

arungee6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 14:36   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Guys need your help in resolving an issue with my RX135 4 speed.
The next day when he started it, the bike went into full rev. The accelerator was at the minimum position and the fuel needle was kept at normal idling setup.
Happened to me with my Rx100 and that was due to it just lying there and not being used.

But in my case the engine died once I killed the ignition.

I presume it was due to carb slide getting stuck or the accelerator cable stuck. (some kids must have played with the accelerator)

I promptly killed ignition and then opened the accelerator multiple times till it felt smooth. The the bike worked fine. (ofcourse needed a service)

To answer your second question as to why the engine didn't die on killing your ignition, please check if in your bike the ignition has been shorted.

What I mean by that is whether she starts without a key. Probably that could be the reason.

In any case from the looks of it the carb needs servicing and the accelerator cable needs a change.

EDIT: Ofcourse, you say a mechanic checked the bike and didnt find anything, in that case my above explanation doesn't hold.

Thanks,
Slick

Last edited by Slick : 26th April 2013 at 14:38.
Old 26th April 2013, 16:18   #622
Senior - BHPian

Adding my 2005 RX135 to this thread. Took delivery in August 2005 and have done only 14,100 km till now (bike was in hibernation for 5 years). She was sitting and rusting away, so did a complete cosmetic restoration. Mechanically, changed only the main bearing. I call her '2T'.
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-2t_03.jpg  

Viju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 16:42   #623
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Here's the pic of my RX-100 currently undergoing restoration.

And here's the link of restoration thread.
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc_0224.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2013, 09:54   #624
BHPian

My revamped RX 135 - 5 speed.

Runs on RDD Filters + CDI
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-photo0589.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-photo0586-800x600-800x600.jpg  

invincible7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 20:56   #625
Distinguished - BHPian

December 1986 ! Yes this was one of the first issues of the Indian Auto Journal. The new era dawned and it was time to have auto magazines in the marketplace, as many new launches were coming along with a bang!

The automobile industry was coming of age, with the partial opening up of the market to foreign collaborations.But then, it was mandatory to have an Indian name in the marketed brand as the foreign player would invest something below 49 % in the company and sign up the collaboration pact.This ensured control of a company in the Indian hands.

The RX 100 came along with its catchy lines "You have seen the crowd- Now see the Leader."
Here is a road test, the first ever in India for this iconic bike!

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-picture-103.jpg

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-picture-106.jpg

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-picture-107.jpg

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-picture-108.jpg

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-picture-111.jpg
anjan_c2007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th May 2013, 16:26   #626
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Anjan. That was a phenomenal read. I remember being an avid fan of the CD100 because of this kid like fascination (inexplicably) of the fuel economy figures. This went for a toss in college and I have been a Yamaha guy from college onwards. I have owned an RXZ and have a 5-speed 135 in Pune. Hopefully she should be up and running in 4 months time.
Old 15th May 2013, 15:51   #627
BHPian

Amazing post Anjan, a very interesting read. Here is my rxz, just out of the oven!
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-rxz135.jpg  

balenopower is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 16:52   #628
BHPian

@ balenopower - Thats a fantastic restoration. Care to share more details what is the engine config, any performance mods done/planned. I believe its a 4 speed one.

I was desperately looking for RXZ 5 speed here, but they are extinct in this part of the world.
Old 16th May 2013, 10:14   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
December 1986 ! Yes this was one of the first issues of the Indian Auto Journal. The new era dawned and it was time to have auto magazines in the marketplace, as many new launches were coming along with a bang!

The automobile industry was coming of age, with the partial opening up of the market to foreign collaborations.But then, it was mandatory to have an Indian name in the marketed brand as the foreign player would invest something below 49 % in the company and sign up the collaboration pact.This ensured control of a company in the Indian hands.

The RX 100 came along with its catchy lines "You have seen the crowd- Now see the Leader."
Here is a road test, the first ever in India for this iconic bike!
This is mind-blowing stuff !!

Wish all the pages are made available. This mag in 1986 was just Rs 8/-, today most mags are upwards of Rs. 100/-. If you have noticed, the photography credit is to none other than Hormazd Sorabjee.

I use to ride a Yamaha RXZ during my engineering days in late nineties. What fun it was!!

I sincerely request all of you to upload similar pages from your old collection if you have. It will be a delight. Thanks.
Old 12th June 2014, 01:49   #630

Make: Yamaha Rxz 5Speed
Original year of purchase: June, 2003
Date of acquisition (by me):January 2013

I am a newbie to this site. I was happy to see so many people sharing their passion about their RX series . I grew up in Karnataka riding RX all right from the age of 16. Because of my work I had to move to London in 2008 but my passion for RX never ceased. With the help of a friend I bought an RXZ 5 speed few months back and got it restored. I am posting its pictures and below i am also posting its old pictures taken before restoration when the bike was in white color.
Attached Thumbnails
The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc_0492.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-dsc_0493.jpg  

The Yamaha 'RX' Thread (with pics)-228908_157100787697934_2432506_n.jpg  

stunnerjeff is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks