Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 16:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praJEEP View Post
Don't forget this poor soul sir, same jet sizes as yours.
Yep sure And jet sizes will not be the same for your bike, Pradeep. I'm at sea level remember.. and another 70cc more. Anyways let me know the stock jet size of your CBZ-X.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:32   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Yep sure And jet sizes will not be the same for your bike, Pradeep. I'm at sea level remember.. and another 70cc more. Anyways let me know the stock jet size of your CBZ-X.
I never knew that you are at sea level i always taught that you were below the jet sizes are same as unicorn don't know the jet size could anyone confirm here please !
Old 25th September 2008, 16:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
What slide carb are you trying on?
I'm trying on a Dellorto PHBH 28mm.
Old 25th September 2008, 17:42   #34
Senior - BHPian

Kindda OT but its in line with the current discussion!

Well I've recently moved to Bangalore from Chennai, the difference of 3000ft in altitude definitely is upsetting the air/fuel ratio which was perfectly set in Chennai. But then whats confusing me is the fact that cold air is more dense than hot/warm air, so the increase in altitude + colder air should impact the characteristics of the bike very little.

But in reality it is having an effect, and bike definitely feels more weak at high rpms. Another interesting fact to note is that in fourth gear my has always hit 117 just before the revlimiter cuts in, in Bangalore I was shocked to see the bike hit 123 in 4th before hitting the revlimiter! :O

Wonder whats going wrong or right?
Old 25th September 2008, 17:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
But in reality it is having an effect, and bike definitely feels more weak at high rpms. Another interesting fact to note is that in fourth gear my has always hit 117 just before the revlimiter cuts in, in Bangalore I was shocked to see the bike hit 123 in 4th before hitting the revlimiter! :O
huh? altitude will have zero effect on revlimiter. speeds where rev limiter kicks in can change ONLY by changing gear ratios or sprockets. you must be having placebo right now.
Old 25th September 2008, 17:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
huh? altitude will have zero effect on revlimiter. speeds where rev limiter kicks in can change ONLY by changing gear ratios or sprockets. you must be having placebo right now.
Dude exactly the reason why I went .....I have not only tried this in my bike, but other 220's too when I was in Chennai....not one went above 117 before hitting revlimiter.

But over here I am definitely going more than that, consistently manage 119 and some occasion going all the way till 122/123.

I agree that without gearing this is impossible, but its happening! And I'm at my wits end to understand whats really going on!!!
Old 25th September 2008, 17:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

some bug with FI i guess.
Old 25th September 2008, 17:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
some bug with FI i guess.
Could be, especially considering its a Bajaj!

But seriously any other possible explanations?
Old 25th September 2008, 17:59   #39
Senior - BHPian

or you've lost weight after moving to bangalore.
Old 26th September 2008, 10:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Dellorto is in! It has not been dialled in properly, main jet is too lean. Initial throttle response seems good. There is hope!

Man i have wake up my mech early in the morning so that i can reach office at the correct time Since it's a new bike playing around with it at home is a strict no no if i am to have peace
Old 26th September 2008, 11:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Any specific reasons why the dellorto? From what I see, dellortos are commonly used on verspas and lambys.

My suggestion would be to try the bull500 VM28
Old 26th September 2008, 11:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any specific reasons why the dellorto? From what I see, dellortos are commonly used on verspas and lambys.

My suggestion would be to try the bull500 VM28
Dellortos are used on Aprilias, small CBRs, KTMs and other european bikes too Vespas and Lamby have them coz they are european scoots.

I have the Bullet VM28 with me. It's crappy & crude compared to the Dellorto, throttle response is much better on the Dell. I have tested them both extensively on my Tuned Bullet 350 which i have sold a while ago.
Old 26th September 2008, 15:33   #43
BHPian

Hey wait, are you the guy with the twin plug Bullet?

The CBZ Xtreme has a 128 main jet.
Mr Prajeep, the Unicorn has a 24mm venturi while the CBZX has a 28mm one.
Unicorn has a 115 main jet.

@praful - With that 3000ft altitude diff, the bike will make difference as hell.
My RTR was a bit rich for bangalore, but at chennai it would fly. In the chennai track, it would hit a true 97kmph in just 220mtrs from standstill. The same set-up would do only 90-92 in bangalore.
If the AF is set rich for chennai, just get it leaned a bit here. It will be fine.
reason why there is no punch in the higher rpms is coz its rich.
Old 26th September 2008, 15:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

During lunch break I changed the main jet to an unknown size (drilled approx around 150) borrowed from redfire's Dellorto which he was using on his Bullet Ci500. There is a flatspot at around 4k rpm but after that the ZMA really picks up it's lungi and runs! There is a very noticeable difference in performance. Once i correctly dial in the jets it should be briliant.

I shall write in detail later from home.

Edit:
@Joel, yep i am Thanks for telling us the jet sizes!

Last edited by Sankar : 26th September 2008 at 15:43.
Old 26th September 2008, 16:11   #45
BHPian

Hmmmm, I remember meeting you once at Zen along with Killer. You sure had some ideas about getting that bullet to shape.

Whats the venturi size of the Dellorto u running now?
Also running the CDi without the TPS means, you will be running an advanced map all the time. The ignition is most advanced when in the shut position. The Karizma has over 5 maps and the TPS keeps switching maps according to the throttle position. you will now be running just one map.
Instead keep a spilt cable like the RTR/F2 and run the TPS switch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks