Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2011, 09:56   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Whoa LML? Whither LML?

Congratulations Ram!! nice and vibrant colour. I guess you need to dig up a cellar into your apartment to park all the vehicles else we will ask govt to give you L.B.Stadium or Parade grounds.

The tail lamp you have used is of a LML NV/NV spl, Alfa has got a smaller lamp and it is to be fixed in the place where your number plate is and the number plate comes further down almost close to ground. I guess the Alfa tail lamps are not easily available.

I doubt if early alfas had indicators? there will be another set of monograms ALFA written on for the side domes.

Last edited by chanu : 5th March 2011 at 09:57.
Old 5th March 2011, 13:34   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Congratulations Ram!! nice and vibrant colour. I guess you need to dig up a cellar into your apartment to park all the vehicles else we will ask govt to give you L.B.Stadium or Parade grounds.

The tail lamp you have used is of a LML NV/NV spl, Alfa has got a smaller lamp and it is to be fixed in the place where your number plate is and the number plate comes further down almost close to ground. I guess the Alfa tail lamps are not easily available.

I doubt if early alfas had indicators? there will be another set of monograms ALFA written on for the side domes.
Thanks Bala..Alfa had a small tail lamp,which is unfortunatly not available.
Alfa didnot have indicators at all as it was powered with only 6V electricals.
Im getting the ALFA Monogram made specially as it is not available in the market.
Old 5th March 2011, 13:37   #78
Senior - BHPian

Re: LML Alfa - Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Ram, the scooter looks great! The only things missing on the scooter are white wall tyres! With personal commitments taking up most of my time on weekends, I am unable to experiment further with home made white walls. But I have not given up.
As i mentioned at the beginning of my restoration that i wanted white walls for this particular shade.
We will make it possible,when you are more free and available.
Good to see your spirit always energetic.
Old 6th March 2011, 11:11   #79
DKW
BHPian

I have a LML Select II bought in August 2006 in Goa. LML's are very popular in Goa too. Mine has the Xpress 5 Engine with the Analog clock (Maxima) on the console and LED lights on the Luggage carrier which adds to the stop light. Love the torque this engine produces and is nowhere close to the current scooters in the market.

I remember Dad and me (both weigh over 100 kgs) stuffing our weeks bazaar in the cabin and cruising at 40-50 kph.

Since I'm hardly in Goa it has clocked less than 10000 kms and is absolutely brand new. However I'm finding it difficult to find spare parts in Goa. A revived LML is good news for LML owners like me.
Old 16th March 2011, 20:32   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thanks hillram. I am mistaken. The PL170 was surely a sub 125 cc scooter. Can be 110 cc as you say. I have its tech specs in a publicity brochure and will see it and let you know soon.
A bit off topic on the LML thread but here is the publicity brochure of the PL 170 with its technical specifications.
Whoa LML? Whither LML?-scan0016.jpg

Whoa LML? Whither LML?-scan0017.jpg
anjan_c2007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2011, 08:46   #81
BHPian

Nice share of the advt anjan Sir.

And, Piaggio could still use that punchline - "You never had it so good!", sounds great.
Old 6th April 2011, 01:00   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Thanks Anjan.Indeed it has come out better than i expected as this was a sorted of derived colour mix.
My Alfa is also powered by 6Volts electricals and thats the reason i guess when LML introduced 12Volts they named it as NV(stood for New Voltage or Neutral Voltage).Thats what the LML showroom explained me in 1989 when I bought my LML Vespa NV.
Im looking for a Vespa XE and a T5 to add to my collection.
I was surfing net for a LML pictures and came across this, I am not sure if this has ignited your inspiration Ram, but I should say your scooter looks much pleasant to me.

I am aswell eager to have a XE in my collection and was almost got it but you know these dealers they are blood suckers, I saw on yesterday in my colony and this old man was just enjoying it. It was a other state scooter and now got registered here so I presume he is not gonna sell it for some more years but I promise I will follow it up. Wish me good luck folks.
Attached Thumbnails
Whoa LML? Whither LML?-star_4t_lilla.jpg  

Old 9th May 2011, 19:54   #83
BHPian

Dear All,

I pity myself after seeing this video clipping in FB.

Regards,
Jose.
Old 9th May 2011, 23:12   #84
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Dear All,

I pity myself after seeing this video clipping in FB.

Regards,
Jose.

Wow.Good Indian innovation mate. It could have been a part of 3 idiots two years back. I really would like to see LML back to its glory.

Could you kindly explain " I pity.." part.
Old 16th May 2011, 13:35   #85

i don't see anything to pity. Applications such as this one have existed from as early as the invention of the Vespa itself in 1946.
Old 16th May 2011, 23:23   #86
BHPian

We had LML select brought in 1996 Prise if am correct something around 36-37k,
With 150 CC, Two storke,8.5 BHP Power, it was far better scooter than Baja till Bajaj Bravo came(It has really great pickup).
Even forced one of the frined to go for Select II rather than a 100CC bike, We even touched the scooter till 105Km/hr easily, we used to smoke the 100CC eco bike with Select. , Will try to find out the any pics of the scooter.It had rectangular Headlight. These scooters were far better than Bajajs, and the best one was LML Supremo if remember correctly, with nice round head lamp, quality of color was excellent, it was a premium product.
parimal_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 21:21   #87
Senior - BHPian

It's been quite a while that I've put my hands in restoration since my completing my Jeep, thanks to one of my Uncle who had this LML standing idle under the stair case for the past 2 years as he couldn't find a good mechanic and original parts. These 4 stroke bikes have nearly killed these beauties, thank god that he did not opt to sell as it is aunt's favorite ride hence the restoration story begun.

Producer & financier: Uncle
Direction, Screen play: Myself aka Bala
Music & dance: Mechanic, Tinkerer, Painter, spares dealer etc

Coming Soon... STAR reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
We had LML select brought in 1996 Prise if am correct something around 36-37k,
With 150 CC, Two storke,8.5 BHP Power, it was far better scooter than Baja till Bajaj Bravo came(It has really great pickup).
Even forced one of the frined to go for Select II rather than a 100CC bike, We even touched the scooter till 105Km/hr easily, we used to smoke the 100CC eco bike with Select. , Will try to find out the any pics of the scooter.It had rectangular Headlight. These scooters were far better than Bajajs, and the best one was LML Supremo if remember correctly, with nice round head lamp, quality of color was excellent, it was a premium product.
LML Supremo was a supreme produce from LML stable however didn't do much in AP and had to fade out from the market but as a scooter it was a much advanced and rich class machine for that period wherein scooters were considered to be just a family commuter and a common mans automotive, this scooter was made to cater people who wanted more from a normal scooter.

Supremo had all top class fiber covers on the front with embedded indicators, wide tail lamp, cute looking handle bar with long meter console along with a clock, better lighting headlamp, unique dome and front mud guard with wide mud flap, however the glove box was not that big due to its curvy shape and the door cannot be wide open. Nice comfortable seating, good pickup, smoother ride quality were the key features, Supremo though it didn't get the share of road which was assumed by LML India Ltd but still rules few hearts of LML lovers and still surviving on road.

The major issues which LML owners are facing is the original parts esp the body parts thanks that the OE supply is still on but according to me LML is renowned for its quality products, top class build quality and I wish and pray that this magnificent scooter should come back and rule the roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Whoa LML? Whither LML?-supremo.jpg  

Last edited by bblost : 6th June 2011 at 22:16. Reason: back to back posts. Please use Edit if posting again within 30 mins. Thanks.
Old 6th June 2011, 22:58   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
I

LML Supremo was a supreme produce from LML stable however didn't do much in AP and had to fade out from the market but as a scooter it was a much advanced and rich class machine for that period wherein scooters were considered to be just a family commuter and a common mans automotive, this scooter was made to cater people who wanted more from a normal scooter.

Supremo had all top class fiber covers on the front with embedded indicators, wide tail lamp, cute looking handle bar with long meter console along with a clock, better lighting headlamp, unique dome and front mud guard with wide mud flap, however the glove box was not that big due to its curvy shape and the door cannot be wide open. Nice comfortable seating, good pickup, smoother ride quality were the key features, Supremo though it didn't get the share of road which was assumed by LML India Ltd but still rules few hearts of LML lovers and still surviving on road.
The Supremo had an autolube system, hitherto unheard of in Italian two strokes!I am sure it is still one of the best looking Vespa's introduced in our country!
Old 7th June 2011, 15:47   #89
Senior - BHPian

^^ i still remember going with my cousin brother to take delivery of supremo, i begged him but he didn't let me ride it. It was really a looker and with speed alarms(can be set for 50,60,70,80kmph IIRC), light in front storage it indeed was feature rich. I rode it some 2 months later, power was really good
Rahulkool is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 20:27   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The Supremo had an autolube system, hitherto unheard of in Italian two strokes!I am sure it is still one of the best looking Vespa's introduced in our country!
I believe Piaggio (Italy) introduced the autolube on its Vespa PX scooters around 1980.

For a quick comparison: Most of the LML scooters are based off their Piaggio counterparts, albeit with small deviations:
  • LML NV, DLX, A1, GC, XE, Smart, Prithvi, Xpress are based off a Vespa PX
  • LML Select and Select II are based off a Vespa T5
  • LML Supremo is based off a Piaggio Cosa
  • LML Sensation and Pulse are based off Vespa PK HP

As such I think only the new 4 stroke LML are scooters never before made in Italy. (Not talking about scooterettes or motorcycles)

The Piaggio Cosa (which the LML Supremo looks after) wasn't a success in Europe. It was available in 125, 150 and 200cc versions, had an updated clutch and hydraulic brakes, but its design never appealed much.

Although the Cosa and the Supremo share their overall looks, the Cosa had a steel frame different in design from the flat front Vespa PX (see photo), while the Supremo was a PX frame (or LML NV if you will) with a fibreglass front moulded after a Cosa, bolted over the front.

d4v3 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks