Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 12:13   #136
BHPian

Re: Which Bullet to buy?.. or should actually I buy one? EDIT its TBTS

Hi all,

Could you please help in deciding between Classic 350 and Thunderbird twinspark?
I test drove Classic 350 alone yesterday (as the dealer didn't have TB).
The salesguy told me that TBTS has the same engine too, but different seating position etc.

I am now thoroughly confused as to which one to go for?

My commute would be once or twice a week to work (40kms) and occassional weekend trips (200kms). Frankly speaking, I dont even need a bike..but it has been my dream to own a bullet and I have now decided to go for it.

I am after a comfortable ride and the seats of TBTS seem more tempting.

Please advice.

Btw, I booked the vehicle yesterday as the waiting period is around 6-8 months. I have another week to decide which of the two to go for.
Old 11th May 2011, 20:45   #137
BHPian

I think you should test-ride the TBTS before you decide. I would think for your needs the TBTS is the better ride. It is certainly more comfortable than the Classic or Electra for longer rides. But take a test-ride and decide for yourself.
Old 20th July 2011, 11:41   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
I think you should test-ride the TBTS before you decide. I would think for your needs the TBTS is the better ride. It is certainly more comfortable than the Classic or Electra for longer rides. But take a test-ride and decide for yourself.
Thanks.
I eventually went for a 2007 used TBTS for 70k. The vehicle was in showroom condition and had done only 15k mileage. No scratches or dents.I first booked a brand new TBTS, then bumped into this used one and decided to go for it.

I had to spend 10k towards battery, horn, timing value, dynamo coiling, headlights, silencer, brake pads etc..but after all that I am now thoroughly enjoying the vehicle.I have done close to 400kms now and extremely happy with this buy. Will do few more kms and then start my ownership thread.
Old 20th July 2011, 20:09   #139
BHPian

Are you sure it is a TBTS (i.e. Thunderbird Twin-Spark) with the UCE engine?
As far as I recall, they were introduced only in 2008.
Old 21st July 2011, 17:22   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
Are you sure it is a TBTS (i.e. Thunderbird Twin-Spark) with the UCE engine?
As far as I recall, they were introduced only in 2008.
Sorry
Its the old TB and not the twinspark.
Old 21st July 2011, 20:45   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Its the old TB and not the twinspark.
No matter. It is a great bike. Happy Riding!
Old 21st July 2011, 22:20   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Of the complete range its the Standard 350 thats the Real Bullet rest are just modded and over modded JOKES, Be a Man and get the Std350 its the real Classic that will stay with you for ages and wot age. The only True Bull The Std350.
Boss, I am also a BULLETIER myself ,you forgot to mention that it is also a heads turner any where anytime..

No one will even stop walking and look at the HARLEY DAVIDSON but apni Bullet..

One has to look behind or front to the bullet if any pass by just by that lovely THUMPS of the exhaust.

Never ever ask any Bulletier common phrase "KYA DETI HAI" (F.C.) They are not woried for F.C.,Average.etc etc etc.

Once if someone has owned a bullet he will never go for any other bike,It is also known in common mans language BULLET KA KEEDAA.
At present I am restoring a 1990 STD ..may take a month or so......Regards.

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 21st July 2011 at 22:23.
Old 7th August 2015, 15:12   #143
BHPian

Greetings to all:

My friend pushed me into something I thought I will never do in this life time.

He made me drive his new Bullet 500 Chrome Classic a week ago.

Well, what is so strange about that?

In my 30 years of driving scooters and bikes, I had some mental blocks on driving an RE bike. I am moderately built and height is 5'7". I always thought, it would be a mis marriage of dimensions and proportions. The Bullets' nearly 200kg weight was a big mental barrier, and a source of intimidation.

Having just entered the 50's club , a Bullet was not even in my dreams.

Thanks to my schoolmate/bench mate, Ajay, all it took was a 10 minute ride on the Classic 500 chrome to change my mind. My sleep has been severely disturbed and curtailed ever since.

Several youtube video reviews ,T bhp reviews and web articles later, the question is which Bullet to go in for?

I expect a deluge of advice from bullet fans on this forum.
Please consider the following points for my decision aiding process. On the short list are the following three Bulls:

The 350 classic in Ash,
The 500 classic Desert Storm, and
The Thunderbird 500.

Points where specific experience based feedback needed:

Fuel efficiency, Drive-ability around my town (pot holes in abundance), a weekend drive to places within 100-150 km radius.

By now I have a fair idea that the TB 500 is a cruiser which is best on high ways and does the curves better than the classic, so the deal maker question for tb500 is its city driving ability.Sadly for the tb the legendary thump will be different from that of the classics'.

Regards and thanks in advance for the advices
Old 7th August 2015, 15:34   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnpai View Post
Please consider the following points for my decision aiding process. On the short list are the following three Bulls:

The 350 classic in Ash,
The 500 classic Desert Storm, and
The Thunderbird 500.
Mate the motorcycles shortlisted by you are impressive. I hope you have test rode them. I would choose the Thunderbird500 from the above list and its not because I own one but it is the most value for money bike currently in RE's stable. You can compare all the above shortlisted bike on RE homepage, it is very simple. Check it out and you will know the difference. I won't try to confuse you but if you are wary of EFi and like carburettor then the Bullet500 too is a good choice (considering Classic Chrome, Desert Storm and Thunderbird 500 comes with EFi).

Quote:
Points where specific experience based feedback needed:

Fuel efficiency, Drive-ability around my town (pot holes in abundance), a weekend drive to places within 100-150 km radius.
If you need fuel efficiency then a 350cc will be definitely better than a 500cc. RE's are comfortable on all kind of roads as far as my experience goes. Since you are going to take it on weekend rides the Thunderbird is an ideal choice for the same.

Quote:
By now I have a fair idea that the TB 500 is a cruiser which is best on high ways and does the curves better than the classic, so the deal maker question for tb500 is its city driving ability.Sadly for the tb the legendary thump will be different from that of the classics'.
Contrary to many peoples' belief the Thunderbird will surprise you. I have been using both my Thunderbirds(2004 AVL 350 Tbird and 2014 Tbird500) in a city like Bombay which also has plenty of potholes along with patience testing traffic conditions. The Thunderbird is not as clumsy as people think, especially the new Thunderbird with its lowered wheelbase and fantastic handling. Also it is a dual purpose motorcycle in which it excels on the highways and feels at home in the city. If you yearn for thump then none of the new RE UCE powered motorcycles will satisfy you with their stock exhaust. There are hundreds of options with respect to after market exhaust that can mimic the thump and satisfy you. All the best and happy choosing

BTW Kannur is my hometown although I am born and brought up in Bombay. I love that place.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 15:57   #145
BHPian

@jnpai The thump had changed for all. Since the UCE came in to the picture,it is like that.Modifications are available,which is your choice,for the sound.For you,since you have a weekend 100-150Km ride,I would suggest you to go for a TBTS. There is no issue with the drive-ability in towns.
commonman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 16:11   #146
BHPian

@navin
Thanks for the inputs. Mann, my eyes are sore from reading websites and reviews on Bullets. royalenfield.com included. . Your advice on tb500 is priceless. Given that you commute in Mumbai traffic and find it more than ok , gives me a confidence leap.

Great to hear that you have a roots in Kannur. You cant love enough of this place.

@commonman: advice on "thump" and its accessories
jnpai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 16:17   #147
BHPian

Quote:
@navin
Thanks for the inputs. Mann, my eyes are sore from reading websites and reviews on Bullets. royalenfield.com included. . Your advice on tb500 is priceless. Given that you commute in Mumbai traffic and find it more than ok , gives me a confidence leap.

Great to hear that you have a roots in Kannur. You cant love enough of this place.

@commonman: advice on "thump" and its accessories
@jnpai, I am sure about you driving a bullet in Kannur,as I am also from the same place . Ask me,I have been their last month.The traffic jam and the crowded NH will put my current city,Bangalore, to shame.Hope those pot holes are cleaned up at the earliest.
commonman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 17:18   #148
BHPian

@commonman...advice from a home town guy...most appropriate and in full knowledge of the conditions, Thanks.
Old 13th August 2015, 15:41   #149
BHPian

Booked the TB 500 today. Delivery expected next week. Stone-Matt black.
jnpai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 15:54   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked the TB 500 today. Delivery expected next week. Stone-Matt black.
Congratulations mate on booking the Tbird500. You made a good choice.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks