Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:52   #121
Senior - BHPian

So she's home at last! Congratulations. Run her in well and have loads of fun.

I am a fan of the way this motorcycle looks. Looking forward for your ownership thread with more pics.
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:48   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Schitre05, congratulations on your new buy.
Aren't fork boots fitted as OE?!
Thanks gordon!
Yes the amber ones look good, i might go in for those during the first service.. Sorry I didnt get it.. what are fork boots?
Cheers!
Old 23rd September 2009, 10:12   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
@ Hey Gordon, I completely agree with you here, however changing back to Amber Indicators should not be much of an issue... ...I changed the ones on my bike to the Amber ones this weekend.

White lens offers quick visibility. Its easy for fellow motorists to make out if its glowing or not, especially at day times.
If its the clear lens you don't like, try lens from older T'birds/ Machismo's which were white but not clear. Think first gen suzuki's also had those.

Makes out a great combination of multi-focal reflector & textured white lens in terms of brightness.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:57   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
White lens offers quick visibility. Its easy for fellow motorists to make out if its glowing or not, especially at day times.
If its the clear lens you don't like, try lens from older T'birds/ Machismo's which were white but not clear. Think first gen suzuki's also had those.

Makes out a great combination of multi-focal reflector & textured white lens in terms of brightness.
@ Rennjit - Thanks, What you said does make alot of sense.

Will keep my eyes open to see if I can come across those when visiting the market towards the coming weekend.
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:37   #125
BHPian

I want to tame the beast too!

Let me pose a question for “Ye riders of the beast”. I’ve never owned a bullet in my life. I’ve driven my friend’s bullet a lot though. Now that I’m planning to buy a bullet for myself, I want to ask you all which bullet is the right fit for me, based on following criteria:

1.Will do at least 1 weekend trip a month.
2.Will commute to my office everyday with my partner. (about 15kms in all)
3.My partner will also join me on my rides, so it should be comfy for both of us.
4.I want something with minimum maintenance.

Also, do you guys think that I should get a second-hand bullet first and get used to it? How do the new bullets fare vs. the old bullets

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd August 2010 at 18:20. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks
Old 4th August 2010, 11:33   #126
BHPian

Omg...what A Thread!!!

Hey People,

I just spent some 80 minutes going through each and every word typed in this forum. Intense man, intense! However, now that my thread (previous post) was transferred here by the owner, i beg all of you for your advice. I went to the showroom, here in Bangalore, yesterday. They only had one Classic 350 to test-drive and when my turn came, they told me to come back tomorrow as it was about closing time. Anyways, I hope I'll get somebody to reply to my post.

Cheers,

D
Old 5th August 2010, 09:49   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Hey People,

I just spent some 80 minutes going through each and every word typed in this forum. Intense man, intense! However, now that my thread (previous post) was transferred here by the owner, i beg all of you for your advice. I went to the showroom, here in Bangalore, yesterday. They only had one Classic 350 to test-drive and when my turn came, they told me to come back tomorrow as it was about closing time. Anyways, I hope I'll get somebody to reply to my post.

Cheers,

D

Hi creative,
My advice to you would be to TD the rides and see for yourself which bike suits you better.
The new generation UCE engines are far more reliable than the older ones and now that almost all of the RE stable is running of similar 350 & 500 engines, it is just the ride handling dynamics you have to look for. Ask for a TD and see what suits you better, then make a decision. but better make it fast as I have heard the waiting times on some models is now more than 4-6 months.

The good part is that you have decided to buy a RE and that is 90% of the decision making done now you just have to choose a ride
cheers!!
Old 5th August 2010, 10:58   #128
BHPian

Can anyone from Bangalore tell me who is the best dealer in the city and has almost all the bikes up for a TD? I've heard & read bad things about Teknik Motors which is just 500 mtrs. away from my house. They just have one bike to TD - Classic 350. So let me know.
Old 30th August 2010, 19:35   #129
BHPian

Take The Xperential ride of all RE bikes over weekends

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Can anyone from Bangalore tell me who is the best dealer in the city and has almost all the bikes up for a TD? I've heard & read bad things about Teknik Motors which is just 500 mtrs. away from my house. They just have one bike to TD - Classic 350. So let me know.
I have planned to take the bikes over weekends for C5,C3.5,Electra,TBTS then take a final decision on which one is for me.

You can do the same,register for a test drive on the RE website.

Old 31st August 2010, 14:47   #130
BHPian

Well, if they arrive at your door-step this weekend, then lemme know. I have booked online for a test-drive, no one-showed up at the door, just got a call to come over to the showroom.

BTW! A friend is interested in selling his Machismo! He's not sure about the price? Any garage in Bangalore you may recommend to figure out the price?
Old 9th May 2011, 19:47   #131
BHPian

Re: Which Bullet to buy?.. or should actually I buy one? EDIT its TBTS

I am out in the market trying to decide which 350cc UCE model to pick-up. Primary use would be weekend drives (occasionally weekdays) very few times alone (mostly with family). Family is wife and a 3.5 yr old kid.

I need existing bullet owner's inputs on the pillion comfort level of the following models available in the market
1) Classic 350
2) Electra 350
3) Thunderbird 350
Old 9th May 2011, 19:53   #132
Team-BHP Support

@Abeer. Just a small point.
There is NO safe way to carry a child on a motorcycle. Especially one as young as 3.5 years old.

Riding with Kids - Surviving the Streets - Motorcycle Cruiser

Its upto you to decide what you do. But you have a safer alternative an Alto for taking you kid on trips.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 07:10   #133
BHPian

+1 Completely agree with bblost regarding taking kids on motorbikes.

But for self and pillion I'd go with TBTS if the pillion sits straddling the seat, and with C350/Electra if she sits side-saddle. The TBTS is way more comfortable for the rider.
Old 10th May 2011, 13:31   #134
BHPian

A Big + 1 to that
There is no safe ride on two wheelers in Indian conditions, I have seen people riding with their kids sitting in front on the tanks, absolutely ridiculous, the rider himself would be wearing a helmet beacuse the law needs it and the poor kid would be fighting the wind with watery eyes.

Having said that, we sometimes, prefer bike to car due to traffic or parking woes, on such rides the kid sits in between me and wifey and the seating is quite comfortable on the TBTS.
schitre05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 17:23   #135
BHPian

@bblost, Thanks for sharing the article. I read the same and quite agree with the thoughts shared in the article and by you.
I already have a car but manytimes, due to traffic conditions, I don't take out the same.
The article that you shared had a link of a child belt. I have already sent an email to the vendor asking for shipment details of the same.

Apart from this, how is the seating comfort in Electra and Classic, on not so long drives ( 40-50kms)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks