Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 22:56   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
The FZ, Excellent handling and brakes, and shattering looks. Nothing else special about it. Just a 150cc motor which is quite a guzzler. And yeah, the initial cost is also high compared to its competitors.
Special-- reliability build quality and refinement(thats why she is pricey than other 150's) too and she can smoke all 150cc bikes in India but just that.
guzzler-all so called Indian performance motorcycles in city traffic shall be on the same platform in FE

Last edited by Sheel : 18th January 2010 at 22:58.
Old 18th January 2010, 23:04   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Special-- reliability build quality and refinement(thats why she is pricey than other 150's) too and she can smoke all 150cc bikes in India but just that.
Hmmmmm. Not really!

Quote:
guzzler-all so called Indian performance motorcycles in city traffic shall be on the same platform in FE
Unicorn - Consistent 45~50 kmpl
Pulsar 150 - Consistent 47~50 kmpl
CBZ Xtreme/Hunk - Consistent 45~48 kmpl
GS150R - Consistent 50~52 kmpl
FZ 16 - Consistent 35~40 kmpl

Exempted R15 as its in a different class.

The thing is the FZ owners are blown away by the looks and hence dont care about the FE.
Old 18th January 2010, 23:11   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hmmmmm. Not really!

The thing is the FZ owners are blown away by the looks and hence dont care about the FE.
I am pretty impressed by the Yamaha FZ series and maybe FE won't be much of a consideration as it will be used within city confines
and for a newbie she will make a good ride,
which motorcycle would you suggest him then?

R15 is almost on par with the FZ on FE
Old 18th January 2010, 23:27   #79
BHPian

The yamahas are great, only problem is that i am a car guy, so a 150 cc engine sounds to small, 180 is also small but atleast it has 17 bhp and im also going to mod what ever bike i get, a FFE, airfilter porting and polishing.So we can incorporate these too.
Old 18th January 2010, 23:34   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
The yamahas are great, only problem is that i am a car guy, so a 150 cc engine sounds to small, 180 is also small but atleast it has 17 bhp and im also going to mod what ever bike i get, a FFE, airfilter porting and polishing.So we can incorporate these too.
to ride in city!
take it easy as you would be new to motorcycles(sorry to be sounding like a preacher)

and if you still want to stick with performance redline a stock RTR 180, P-220(FI or carb) and YZF-R15 in first 3 gears and you would be more than impressed and in those 3 gears you would be nearing 3 digit speeds if not exceeding it

don't judge a motorcycle by the cubic capacity it packs(it would be like judging someone by his/her size) a litre class(1000cc) bike will give you more thrill than 1200cc-1400cc motorcycles

Last edited by Sheel : 18th January 2010 at 23:35.
Old 19th January 2010, 14:08   #81
BHPian

Have decided on the RTR, will go to Loyal Motors near amboli phatak.
Color will be White, Black or Matte Grey.
We will go and book on thursday with advance payment by check and rest after the bike has arrived at the stock yard.
Old 19th January 2010, 14:18   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmmmmm. Not really!

Unicorn - Consistent 45~50 kmpl
Pulsar 150 - Consistent 47~50 kmpl
CBZ Xtreme/Hunk - Consistent 45~48 kmpl
GS150R - Consistent 50~52 kmpl
FZ 16 - Consistent 35~40 kmpl

Where have you come up with these figures mate... my friends FZ 16 gives him 45 kmpl consistent even though he isnt gentle with his wrist.
The FZ 16 is by far the best 150cc bike in India.

1) The gearbox is mechanical perfection personified, you thought Unicorn was the best, try the Yammy.
2) The cycle part quality is THE BEST in its class. Not even the Unicorn comes close.
3) The 150cc engine is a gutsy performer and can catch a 180cc rider easily if he isnt careful.
4) Its also the best handling bike in its catagory
5) The front disc again is the best in the business.

My Pulsar in comparison feels crude as if is being sold in the maket with only half the R&D done. FZ 16 currently has no competition, its in a class of its own and this comes from a die hard Pulsar fan. You have to give it to Yamaha!

Last edited by extreme_torque : 19th January 2010 at 14:19.
Old 19th January 2010, 20:05   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Where have you come up with these figures mate... my friends FZ 16 gives him 45 kmpl consistent even though he isnt gentle with his wrist.
The FZ 16 is by far the best 150cc bike in India.

1) The gearbox is mechanical perfection personified, you thought Unicorn was the best, try the Yammy.
2) The cycle part quality is THE BEST in its class. Not even the Unicorn comes close.
3) The 150cc engine is a gutsy performer and can catch a 180cc rider easily if he isnt careful.
4) Its also the best handling bike in its catagory
5) The front disc again is the best in the business.

My Pulsar in comparison feels crude as if is being sold in the maket with only half the R&D done. FZ 16 currently has no competition, its in a class of its own and this comes from a die hard Pulsar fan. You have to give it to Yamaha!
Hey your points in Bold are debatable.

3) The FZ runs out of steam after 90 km its quite an effort to take it past 100. Forget if the 180 rider is careful or not - He would ultimatley overtake the FZ after 100km
4) Its not the 'Best', its one of the better alongside RTR. For handling -take the R15 (of course it is a different league altogether)
5) Again, Not the best - but surely one of the better alongside RTR

However, your other points are very True (except for the mileage part - I have'nt come across a FZ that gives more than 40 km/l)
Old 19th January 2010, 21:25   #84
Team-BHP Support

till 90kmph she is pretty quick post which she loses ground and fast may i add,

RTR's handling isn't into the league--
a. Monoshocks-- they contribute in the handling department,
b.Tires--RTR's have pathetic OE tires
c.seating position is like, if the rider is perched 'on'

on a personal note the point & shoot ability of RTR can/may be matched only by R15 sans its RVM's

have seen FZ/Fazer's giving 45kmpl and more but shall put it as a one off case as most hover between 35-42kmpl

*hope these posts help abhay in some way
Old 19th January 2010, 21:36   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Have decided on the RTR, will go to Loyal Motors near amboli phatak.
Color will be White, Black or Matte Grey.
We will go and book on thursday with advance payment by check and rest after the bike has arrived at the stock yard.
Congratulations Abhay. The RTR is a wonderful bike, enjoy yourself.

Last edited by sammyboy : 19th January 2010 at 21:39.
Old 19th January 2010, 23:06   #86
BHPian

The tyres are bad??Oh, didnt know, so i really dont mind changing them on the first day, which ones? I want them really grippy and that is it.
Old 19th January 2010, 23:14   #87
Team-BHP Support

Darshan tires, Pune. has ample stock of Michelins,
am away from the west side for a long time so can't help you much here, hope others contribute
and if you do find R15's tires, just go for them

and Congrats on the decision
Old 19th January 2010, 23:30   #88
BHPian

Finding a place to get the tyres wont be much of a deal, i can source them easy, but which ones is the thing, I'll look into R15 tyres, thanx
Old 20th January 2010, 09:00   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Hey your points in Bold are debatable.

3) The FZ runs out of steam after 90 km its quite an effort to take it past 100. Forget if the 180 rider is careful or not - He would ultimatley overtake the FZ after 100km
I am compairing it to my Pulsar 180 which at 90 is worse as far as vibes are concerned. They are almost same rpm levels in 5th and the added refinement of the Yamaha makes it better to ride. Besides the FZ 16 is around 15-20 kgs lighter than any other 150 cc around which effects the power to weight ratio positively.
And if you proofread my post again, I said it can match a 180cc rider if he isnt careful.

Quote:
4) Its not the 'Best', its one of the better alongside RTR. For handling -take the R15 (of course it is a different league altogether)
Lets leave the R15 out of this. That bike is in a different league altogther, even price wise. I havent ridden the RTR but it has to very special to match FZ 16 let alone better it.

Quote:
5) Again, Not the best - but surely one of the better alongside RTR
I have zilch experience with RTR so yes may be.
Old 20th January 2010, 09:15   #90
BHPian

Abhay,

Congrats for the RTR.Its the best bike available at price.

1>Awesome handling.
2>Slickest gearbox.
3>Great acceleration (Till 100 she can match 220 which is enough for city).Which is again better than R15.
4>Really have very good low end torque.
5> Breaks are by far best in the class,even better than R15.
6> best speedo meter console with cool blue back light.
7> Don't go for the R 15 Tyres as they are very soft and prone to punctures.
check out the Micheline range.(Let me know if you require any help on this front).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks