Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2013, 16:48   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikoner_03 View Post
You can try Pulsars indicators, I use them on my unicorn. Its been through a lot of abuse on the packed parking lots but has never given up.
So strange you revived this thread today. Just yesterday, after just not getting the time to ride the RTR, I sold it off to a colleague who I am sure will use it the way it should be. Unlike me who did 3400 Kms in almost 4 years.
Old 4th September 2013, 15:02   #227
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sammyboy's Menace - Apache RTR 180. Update : Now Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
I sold it off to a colleague who I am sure will use it the way it should be. Unlike me who did 3400 Kms in almost 4 years.
Samarth, I remember you mentioning you wanted to sell it off, didn't know it would actually happen.

Hope your colleague tends to it with the same level of love and care, if not more, just like you did.

So any replacement in mind for the RTR?

How's the ninja doing? How many kms clocked on the greenie?
Old 4th September 2013, 17:25   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Samarth, I remember you mentioning you wanted to sell it off, didn't know it would actually happen.

Hope your colleague tends to it with the same level of love and care, if not more, just like you did.

So any replacement in mind for the RTR?

How's the ninja doing? How many kms clocked on the greenie?
Hey bro, yeah it was with a sad heart that i parted with it. I did have 3-4 people from the apartment approach me too but then i know this guy well and know he will take care of it.
With long hours at work and weekends with family, it had just become impossible to get the time to use it.

No replacement plans as of now, though the 390 does pull some strings .

The Ninja is also not being used much, though whenever I get a couple of hours i try to do a short ride on the Kolar road but these are spur of the moment rides at various times of the day so havent done a group ride for quite a while. Work might move to another location so am thinking of using it on Fridays, but the thought of it being parked in an office basement just gives me the creeps. You know how it is
Old 4th September 2013, 23:26   #229
BHPian

Good to hear after a long time! Sad to know that you had to sell your Apache. Always a tough thing to do.

I went out for a ride in Kolar route last weekend too! The road is nice, but the original view is lost :'(

Glad to know you are having fun with the Ninja!
Old 5th September 2013, 15:36   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Good to hear after a long time! Sad to know that you had to sell your Apache. Always a tough thing to do.

I went out for a ride in Kolar route last weekend too! The road is nice, but the original view is lost :'(

Glad to know you are having fun with the Ninja!
Hey man, thanks. Yeah, it does feel wierd everytime i go to my parking and see an empty slot where the Apache used to be.

Been ages and it seems like you have been keeping yourself busy with multiple bikes . Congrats on the 390.

Sad to see though that your original choice, the Ninja, hasnt made it to your lineup yet.

Agree with the view part, the sad price we pay for progress.
Old 6th September 2013, 23:30   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey man, thanks. Yeah, it does feel wierd everytime i go to my parking and see an empty slot where the Apache used to be.

Been ages and it seems like you have been keeping yourself busy with multiple bikes . Congrats on the 390.

Sad to see though that your original choice, the Ninja, hasnt made it to your lineup yet.

Agree with the view part, the sad price we pay for progress.
When I tried the 650 it had 6 months waiting time, and lottery based booking (Too much drama for the 650! ) - I would have done whatever the drama if it was 6R!

Even Nandi Hill road is not what it was 10 years ago! As you said, that's the price we pay for the development(?) !

Most Viewed