Old 19th October 2021, 14:01   #181
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield - Troubleshooting and technical support thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM_Turbo View Post

Will update once I check the top speed.

Below is the pic of my bird
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield - Troubleshooting and technical support thread-63fd9d6dd17745d6acc18f4805a8b9fe.jpeg  

Royal Enfield - Troubleshooting and technical support thread-ddc82e69b0864a508abb2e30f56c2a80.jpeg  

Old 16th November 2021, 10:57   #182
BHPian

Hi I own a Classic 350 nov 2012 model it has 23400 kms on the odo. While my bike serves good, Off late have been noticing few issues.
1 - low end grunt and pickup is good but at higher end the bike feels out of breath, this was not the issue few hundred km ago.
2 - engine knocking during pickup, especially in the second and third gears.

Before the previous service there used to be a sudden in-acceleration surge in power felt on the bike while building up the revvs, like the kinds of we feel on big turbo diesel engines. This issue was solved during service.

The bike is regularly maintained and all maintenance is rather proactive.

Here are a few pics of my ride.
Royal Enfield - Troubleshooting and technical support thread-img_20211113_112332.jpg
Royal Enfield - Troubleshooting and technical support thread-img_20211113_112120.jpg
Royal Enfield - Troubleshooting and technical support thread-img_20211016_201727.jpg
Royal Enfield - Troubleshooting and technical support thread-img_20211016_201639.jpg
Royal Enfield - Troubleshooting and technical support thread-img_20211113_112134.jpg
Royal Enfield - Troubleshooting and technical support thread-img_20211113_112151.jpg
Royal Enfield - Troubleshooting and technical support thread-img_20211016_201712.jpg
Royal Enfield - Troubleshooting and technical support thread-img_20211016_201656.jpg
ArTigor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2022, 10:52   #183

Hi Bullet Gurus,
I am facing some problem with my 2015 std UCE. I had changed my silencer to a short bottle when the bike covered 20k and to iridium plugs from NGK at 29k. The bike was running absolutely perfect.
Since day before yesterday, I am having an issue. When I close the throttle while the bike is moving, it used to have a nice continuous purring sound, but now there is some frequent blasts from the silencer. The pickup at speeds above 60 seems to be restricted a bit and the bike is delivering a lower mileage.
Any pointers for the problem to be sorted out are a guide to me. I would prefer the DIY way as I dont have a good mechanic nearby.
Old 31st January 2022, 15:22   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senguptamitava View Post
Hi Bullet Gurus,
I am facing some problem with my 2015 std UCE. I had changed my silencer to a short bottle when the bike covered 20k and to iridium plugs from NGK at 29k. The bike was running absolutely perfect.
Since day before yesterday, I am having an issue. When I close the throttle while the bike is moving, it used to have a nice continuous purring sound, but now there is some frequent blasts from the silencer. The pickup at speeds above 60 seems to be restricted a bit and the bike is delivering a lower mileage.
Any pointers for the problem to be sorted out are a guide to me. I would prefer the DIY way as I dont have a good mechanic nearby.
First off, the engine doesn't need an Iridium plug and it will result in negatives rather than positives. I would suggest going back to stock plug and see if things improve.

Second, going from the stock muffler to the short bottle does cause differences in engine characteristics. But both engine and rider will get used to it after few 100 kms. I hope this is not the Indore type short bottle. If yes, what you are experiencing is because of that. This muffler is just for sound, it does not have filters in it which kind of makes the engine not free.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 23:02   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
First off, the engine doesn't need an Iridium plug and it will result in negatives rather than positives. I would suggest going back to stock plug and see if things improve.

Second, going from the stock muffler to the short bottle does cause differences in engine characteristics. But both engine and rider will get used to it after few 100 kms. I hope this is not the Indore type short bottle. If yes, what you are experiencing is because of that. This muffler is just for sound, it does not have filters in it which kind of makes the engine not free.
Thanks Tharian for your suggestion. No the short bottle is not the Indore type. It does have baffles in it. and I have been using this for nearly 20000 kms now. The plugs have also completed 11000 kms. and both were working fine. This problem cropped up just a week or two back and I haven't rode the bike more than 300 kms. since then. Yesterday I was looking carefully at all the parts as I got some time. I found the inlet manifold rubber, the one which connects the carb to the head to have cracks all over. Will be changing it soon and see if it solves the problem. Will surely revert back with the results.
senguptamitava is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 13:55   #186

Changed the rubber manifold and my beauty is back again to its glory..��
senguptamitava is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 11:51   #187

Hi Gurus,
I have a lame question. I have the notion that an increase in spark plug current will improve the performance and mileage of my bike. So is there any procedure to follow to achieve that? Can changing the ignition coils and leads help? if so please suggest some for that. Mine is a carburreted bike, a Standard 350 UCE.
Thanks to all
senguptamitava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 12:17   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Changed the rubber manifold and my beauty is back again to its glory..��
I remember this was an issue right from when the air filter was moved to the tool box in 2002. The rubber cracks very often and the air/fuel mixture goes for a toss and no one had a clue it was the rubber cracking that is causing the issue.

Quote:
Hi Gurus,
I have a lame question. I have the notion that an increase in spark plug current will improve the performance and mileage of my bike. So is there any procedure to follow to achieve that? Can changing the ignition coils and leads help? if so please suggest some for that. Mine is a carburreted bike, a Standard 350 UCE.
Thanks to all
I changed the ignition coil on my bike and it did make a difference and that was mainly because it was never replaced and the bike had run quite a bit, so there was a noticeable difference. Along with that, the magneto rotor ,spark plug and the CDI unit were replaced. But all that was because my bike had a starting issue. Replacing the ignition coil under the tank will help.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 19:17   #189

Quote:
I changed the ignition coil on my bike and it did make a difference and that was mainly because it was never replaced and the bike had run quite a bit, so there was a noticeable difference. Along with that, the magneto rotor ,spark plug and the CDI unit were replaced. But all that was because my bike had a starting issue. Replacing the ignition coil under the tank will help.
Good evening,
Can you please suggest me any better ignition coils and wires, or go with the original ones? what have you replaced with?
Old 19th February 2022, 23:38   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good evening,
Can you please suggest me any better ignition coils and wires, or go with the original ones? what have you replaced with?
Not sure which make is the RE genuine ones. I bought a SWISS one which I heard is not that great. RE's supplier used to be SWISS.
If you get the RE genuine part, use that as first option.
Old 20th February 2022, 14:47   #191

Quote:
Not sure which make is the RE genuine ones. I bought a SWISS one which I heard is not that great. RE's supplier used to be SWISS.
If you get the RE genuine part, use that as first option.
Yes as far I know SWISS is still the OEM of RE. And have heard the same as you. So thinking for a better option. But have no idea which to go for. Hence suggestion is invited from you and all.
Old 9th July 2022, 20:35   #192

Hi Gurus,
Another quest has just cropped in mind. So penning it down. My std 350 UCE has headlights from the alternator and came with a 35/35 watt Osram bulb. The bulb used to blow off quite often and then one day I put a 55/60 W bulb without any further mods. The light is a bit better than the stock one but not adequate for night highways drives which recently I have to do a lot. I am a big hater of those LED lights and wont try them. In this scenario is there any other way to increase the light intensity?
Old 12th July 2022, 01:38   #193
BHPian

Hello everyone,

My colleague has a 2019 RE Himalayan FI with ABS here in the UK. Around 3 months back, the bike refused to start and he found out that the spark plug does not generate sparks on cranking. The bikes cranks fine and the battery reads the required voltage level (connected to a trickle charger when not used). It is generally parked outside so it does experience the rain and the sun on a regular basis. It is parked now in his shed however.

His troubleshooting saga started with replacing the spark plug, then the cap and its connector, the ignition coil and the stator coil, none of which has sorted the issue. Last year, the engine temperature sensor went kaput and it took the SC around 4 months to diagnose it, leaving him frustrated with the SC experience. He has an OBD scanner which does not show any sort of fault code. He suspects the ECU but I doubt it since the signal is sent perfectly from the ECU to the ignition coil (maybe I am reading it wrong here?). Is there anything he should be looking at? The fuses are fine and the respective relay works perfectly as well. I am suspecting a corroded terminal but I don't see how do I trace this issue.

Any help or suggestions are truly appreciated.
nikhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 23:52   #194

Hi Gurus!
not a single reply for a long period. Can anyone help me in my issue?
Old 17th October 2022, 01:39   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gurus!
not a single reply for a long period. Can anyone help me in my issue?
If you do not want to go the LED way there is really no option. The stock lights on the Bullets are barely adequate on better lit city roads and can be downright dangerous on highways.
You need to install additional LED lights. There are also direct replacements for the headlight but those seem to be mostly decorative and blingy.
Roy.S is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks