Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2010, 15:08   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
THE NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES SO FAR

Next is what???

Below are some pictures to illustrate the condition.
This bike looks like it has been restored by RE. I am especially shocked to the photo marked most shocking by you, because, as per the photo, the complete frame of the motorcycle should be changed by RE.

These kind of shortcomings are totally unacceptable, irrespective of the product, brand or value, more so if it is a flagship product /model of the company.
Old 17th May 2010, 13:21   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post
This bike looks like it has been restored by RE. I am especially shocked to the photo marked most shocking by you, because, as per the photo, the complete frame of the motorcycle should be changed by RE.

These kind of shortcomings are totally unacceptable, irrespective of the product, brand or value, more so if it is a flagship product /model of the company.
I second that. By all means RE should change your bikes frame without any further delay. Also get your bike checked by any good painter who can tell you if any other parts have been painted. It's possible that the bike was involved in an accident.

I feel lucky that I have such a supportive staff of RE in my city who has helped me with many issues apart from O2 and engine noise I previously had but sorted now. Centre stand on my bike was sagging and just for sake of my satisfaction, local RE Engineer offered me a replacement frame within 10 days. So well imagine if I can get things replaced with not much of an issue then looking at your bike's frame which has broken bits and after welded parts certainly is a no brainer.

There are no if's and but's but a complete frame replacement is in order.

Have you contacted customer service RE?
Have you spoken to your dealer about it?
Have you spoken to your Regional Service Manager?
Old 17th May 2010, 13:48   #288
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

i had written a mail to Eicher motors and RE customer support about the issues, along with pictures, but no relpy from them. Shall follow it up again. Meanwhile, after discussing the issues at Brand store, Bangalore, i was asked to get in touch with the service head at their service station.

Went there this morning and met the service head and showed him the bike. They said they will take care of the damaged paint and rust issues by cleaning the surface and touching it up with fresh paint.
Regarding the broken Handle stopper rod, i was told that its a very peculiar problem and i am the first one to face this. They said it could be a case of excessive load on the handle in maximum turned position, resulting in breaking. Said they would get that stopper (from chennai) and weld it, and than touch-up the area with fresh paint.

A new Frame idea was discarded as was told that there is nothing wrong with the frame as such, except that one metal stopper weld has broken loose. Changing the frame also leads to other complications as each frame has a Number, registered at rto.

Have left the bike at service centre. Not sure when will i get it back. Just hoping that it comes back in better shape.
Old 17th May 2010, 13:49   #289
Senior - BHPian

@Nasir-I share four issues about the bike with you.

1. Scuffing of the fork sleeve, I guess lot of C5 comrades have that issue and I have previously explained how to resolve that.
2. Scuffing of the mudguard, although I am aware of the issues and cause but as no one ever mentioned over here so I never talked about it.

Reason
That is due to misaligned mudguard with the fork sleeve which occurs due to sleeve not in centre of the indentation provided on the mudguard for its free movement.

Cure
Loosen all 6 support rods of the mudguard and move the mudguard a bit forward until the sleeve gets in the middle of the space provided on the mudguard. Carefully tighten it and inspect booth the sleeves for equal clearance by applying the front brake and pushing the handle up and down.

3. Oil leak from the sleeve- Clean the chain with a dry cloth and removed all the leaking oil from the kick shaft and cover. Then ride for a day and see if the oil stream is back, if it's back then its the seal. Another way is to remove the RH side chamber, remove the sprocket and it will give you enough proof of its existence. I had to change the oil seal twice along with the facing plate to get rid of the oil leak.

4. Marks on the chamber under the battery. We all have or bay be some lucky ones dont. Its due to the battery acid. You can clean it up your self, I have explained it in my previous post on how to get your chamber bilng.

Reason- Bad design of the battery- Its neither maintenance free nor a acid spill pipe provided. When the bikes are loaded on and off the trucks, acid overflows from the top and makes it way to the chamber hence you get the acid burn marks all over the paint and chamber.

RE should either remove the battery while transporting or Exide should provide a drain pipe or to my liking an maintenance free(sealed battery)

Last edited by Randhawa : 17th May 2010 at 13:50.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2010, 14:13   #290
Senior - BHPian

I feel sorry that you are falling for their crap. When a replacement frame is ordered then the new frame comes with your old chassis no. RE has been doing it for many years.

Its up to you to say no to any repairs and they can not do anything about it or simply drag them to court if they want it that way. I think you are being to soft on them. Its their duty to satisfy their customer and your right.

Send a mail again until you get a reply.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:52   #291
BHPian

i face a peculiar problem with my cl500,faced it with avenger too.when i ride the bike in noons when the sun is upright the handle clamp gives a reflection to the eyes which makes it difficult rather disturbs the vision.
i am thinking of fixxing a high quality carbon fibre sticker on that part.what do you say guys?anyone else with the same issue???
Old 17th May 2010, 15:08   #292
Senior - BHPian

Yup same here, I just wear shades .
Old 17th May 2010, 15:25   #293
BHPian

randhawa your thread & post have helped alot on owning the baby.thanks for the advise,do's, dont's, & also cure.
i havent faced any of the problems mentioned in the thread so far,
which makes me happy but i am still cautious.
i needed some good embosed badges in bronze color to fix on my bike.
like you can see in some old claasic bikes ,near the front mudguard bolt.
keep me posted if you come across any
Old 17th May 2010, 16:05   #294
Senior - BHPian

@ Randhawa:

I realize i am being too soft. Actually that's how i am.

Have sent a mail again to RE and EICHER both, mentioning all the problems supported by pictures in the form of a PDF document. Lets see if they revert this time.

Quote:
Reason
That is due to misaligned mudguard with the fork sleeve which occurs due to sleeve not in centre of the indentation provided on the mudguard for its free movement.

Cure
Loosen all 6 support rods of the mudguard and move the mudguard a bit forward until the sleeve gets in the middle of the space provided on the mudguard. Carefully tighten it and inspect booth the sleeves for equal clearance by applying the front brake and pushing the handle up and down.

3. Oil leak from the sleeve- Clean the chain with a dry cloth and removed all the leaking oil from the kick shaft and cover. Then ride for a day and see if the oil stream is back, if it's back then its the seal. Another way is to remove the RH side chamber, remove the sprocket and it will give you enough proof of its existence. I had to change the oil seal twice along with the facing plate to get rid of the oil leak.
Shall try these measures once i get the bike back and post the feedback here. Thanks.

Quote:
i face a peculiar problem with my cl500,faced it with avenger too.when i ride the bike in noons when the sun is upright the handle clamp gives a reflection to the eyes which makes it difficult rather disturbs the vision.
I have also been a victim of this reflection. Especially the reflection from the big dome nut in the centre of the handle. Happens mostly at around 2 pm afternoon, and gets really annoying, especially on the highways. Shades help a bit but not completely. Someone from RE should come-up with a good solution, till than we can stick to stickers etc.
Old 17th May 2010, 16:19   #295
BHPian

Quote:
i had written a mail to Eicher motors and RE customer support about the issues, along with pictures, but no relpy from them. Shall follow it up again. Meanwhile, after discussing the issues at Brand store, Bangalore, i was asked to get in touch with the service head at their service station.

Went there this morning and met the service head and showed him the bike. They said they will take care of the damaged paint and rust issues by cleaning the surface and touching it up with fresh paint.
Regarding the broken Handle stopper rod, i was told that its a very peculiar problem and i am the first one to face this. They said it could be a case of excessive load on the handle in maximum turned position, resulting in breaking. Said they would get that stopper (from chennai) and weld it, and than touch-up the area with fresh paint.

A new Frame idea was discarded as was told that there is nothing wrong with the frame as such, except that one metal stopper weld has broken loose. Changing the frame also leads to other complications as each frame has a Number, registered at rto.

Have left the bike at service centre. Not sure when will i get it back. Just hoping that it comes back in better shape.
Resend the email to them with a copy to the email ID I have pm-ed you. You will get a reply soon.

Just forward the same email with a one liner and mark a CC to Mr. Lal and the regianla manager will revert back within 48 hours.
Old 17th May 2010, 17:02   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Resend the email to them with a copy to the email ID I have pm-ed you. You will get a reply soon.

Just forward the same email with a one liner and mark a CC to Mr. Lal and the regianla manager will revert back within 48 hours.
could you also send me those email IDs, I need to put up some issues myself. Thanks.
Old 17th May 2010, 17:55   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhey View Post
could you also send me those email IDs, I need to put up some issues myself. Thanks.
You have a pm from me
Old 18th May 2010, 11:57   #298
Senior - BHPian

Received a Reply from Royal Enfield as it follows:

Quote:
Dear Sir,

We are in receipt of your mail and regret to note the problems on your
Royal Enfield Motorcycle as stated by you.

Please be advised that through a copy of this mail we are advising our
Regional Office, address as given below, to get in touch with you
immediately to assess what problems are being faced by you and to set
right the same to your entire satisfaction.

Mr.K.Soundararajan - Service Manager located at Bangalore office
(Contact No.9886506882)

It will be our endeavour to ensure that you have years of riding
pleasure on our Royal Enfield Motorcycle.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Regards

K.Ramalingam
Old 18th May 2010, 13:12   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
RE should either remove the battery while transporting or Exide should provide a drain pipe or to my liking an maintenance free(sealed battery)
batteries come dry charged from the factory and these are sealed maintenance free batteries. its just that the quality is not up to what it should be to maintain a perfect seal and recirculation of the vapors of the electrolyte inside to prevent overflow.
Old 18th May 2010, 16:29   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Received a Reply from Royal Enfield as it follows:
Nice, did you yet use the id I had sent you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks