Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2014, 10:11   #3526
BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I will be soon replacing the rear tyre of my Classic 500 Desert Storm. Is it advisable to go for a tubeless rear tyre?

Also, what brand should I look for? I don't intend to upsize or downsize.
You can not fit Tubeless tyre on the rim that comes with spokes on Classic. You will have to go for alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
Hi Guys,

I noticed yesterday that the at least 2 teeth from the rear sprocket of my bike are missing. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows how much would it cost to get the sprocket changed from the service centre? Or is it advisable to get the complete chain set replaced?

Thanks!
You should change the entire set as the chain may have been damaged and would further damage the new sprocket
Old 24th April 2014, 10:19   #3527
Distinguished - BHPian

I have no idea what a new sprocket would cost. I assume that would depend on whether your Royal Enfield is one of the older Ci or AVL models or one of the new UCE machines.

The older models would only need a new sprocket. The sprocket for the UCE' models is integral with the brake drum so it may have a higher price.

As for the rear drive chain, it is undoubtedly damaged. In fact, it is most likely the cause of the missing teeth on the sprocket.
If you get a new sprocket and don't change the chain, your new sprocket will soon be trashed.

Always install a new chain whenever the front or rear drive sprockets are changed if either of them show any damage at all.

Once the new sprocket and chain are installed, be sure to oil the chain every 500 km or sooner. Even every 400 km isn't too often.

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 24th April 2014 at 10:23.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 13:10   #3528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
The older models would only need a new sprocket. The sprocket for the UCE' models is integral with the brake drum so it may have a higher price.
.... .
Uce inherited the rear brake drum- sprocket combo from the old Bullet, only that its flipped to right (wrong? ) side. Its one of the very few functional elements carried on to uce models from yesteryear thumpers. Typically on oldies the rear sprocket lasts through a couple of chains & least one FD sprocket change. It all depends on the riding style though.
Old 25th April 2014, 06:17   #3529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
You should change the entire set as the chain may have been damaged and would further damage the new sprocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaJim View Post
I have no idea what a new sprocket would cost....
Thanks for the reply guys! I'll be getting the complete chain set changed.
Old 25th April 2014, 11:37   #3530

Maestros,

I have been told by many that attaching a Yamaha RD 350 handle bar to the new UCE Classic 500 makes it more comfortable. I am 5ft 9in. While city driving is not a problem, on cruises, I tend to develop a slight back pain on the right side after driving for more than an hour at a stretch. A short stop gives me another hour.

Want to know if any of you have fitted the same or have seen anyone fit it and if yes, then how does it work. I saw the handle and it goes wide so that instead of stretching in front, the hands would go outwards. Not sure how good this would be.

Please suggest.
Old 25th April 2014, 12:43   #3531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csubhojit View Post
I have been told by many that attaching a Yamaha RD 350 handle bar to the new UCE Classic 500 makes it more comfortable. I am 5ft 9in. While city driving is not a problem, on cruises, I tend to develop a slight back pain on the right side after driving for more than an hour at a stretch. A short stop gives me another hour.

Want to know if any of you have fitted the same or have seen anyone fit it and if yes, then how does it work. I saw the handle and it goes wide so that instead of stretching in front, the hands would go outwards. Not sure how good this would be.

Please suggest.
I have tried the RD350 replica handlebar(HB) on my TBTS and have fallen in love with it totally, both in city and highways. Infact I never went back to the stock HB after that. My friend has fitted an RD350 replica with cross member on his C350 and has confirmed after an 800kms ride that the seating comfort has definitely improved over the stock HB. He has also tried Electra's HB but found the RD HB more comfortable.

Regarding the question on how it works, yes it is wider than the stock one but it is also higher. This makes seating much more relaxed. And regarding the back pain, the spring seat could also contribute to the back pain. Its not at all meant for a bike with rear suspension(soft tails).
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 12:54   #3532

Thanks man_of_steel. This definitely helps. If only now I can find a good mech to fit it on my new bike.
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:01   #3533
BHPian

Hi Guys,

All of a sudden my bike's self start stopped working. I fiddled around with the fuse box and it worked but now it's back to the same. When I press the button nothing happens but the battery is fine and the bike starts with the kick. Any suggestions?
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:23   #3534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

All of a sudden my bike's self start stopped working. I fiddled around with the fuse box and it worked but now it's back to the same. When I press the button nothing happens but the battery is fine and the bike starts with the kick. Any suggestions?
You are still running the stock battery i guess from 2011?
The bike starting with kick doesn't mean that battery is fine.
Mine starts with a kick with almost dead battery.
Get the battery checked first.
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:27   #3535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
You are still running the stock battery i guess from 2011?
The bike starting with kick doesn't mean that battery is fine.
Mine starts with a kick with almost dead battery.
Get the battery checked first.
Yup it's the stock battery! The battery has been low for quite sometime now but it was starting fine till yesterday.
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:36   #3536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup it's the stock battery! The battery has been low for quite sometime now but it was starting fine till yesterday.
Since its old,battery should be the first point of failure
Even i need to get one.Let me know from where you get and how much.
Old 2nd May 2014, 10:38   #3537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Since its old,battery should be the first point of failure
Even i need to get one.Let me know from where you get and how much.
Will let you know. But the problem was that when I fiddled with the fuse box it started fine and now nothing is happening:what:
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:10   #3538
BHPian

In Short am looking for a remap for classic 500 version 1.0.

Reason For Remap

Me and brother owns two Royal Enfield 500's.The one belongs to brother is 500 version 1.0 and mine is classic chrome 500 version 2.0.Even though the specification is same both of them have different characteristics.My bike power delivery is more torque'y than that of my brother bike .His 500 is struggling in lower rpm's in all gear's and in the same scenario my bike is behaving normally(am not talking about lugging here).My bike gives a smooth and linear power delivery in the same case i have to keep the engine boiled to extract power from my brother's bike.can i remap the older version to that of version 2.0 ?will a remap fix this issue ?if yes how can i do it?
Old 3rd May 2014, 09:21   #3539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin.das View Post
In Short am looking for a remap for classic 500 version 1.0.

Reason For Remap

Me and brother owns two Royal Enfield 500's.The one belongs to brother is 500 version 1.0 and mine is classic chrome 500 version 2.0.Even though the specification is same both of them have different characteristics.My bike power delivery is more torque'y than that of my brother bike .His 500 is struggling in lower rpm's in all gear's and in the same scenario my bike is behaving normally(am not talking about lugging here).My bike gives a smooth and linear power delivery in the same case i have to keep the engine boiled to extract power from my brother's bike.can i remap the older version to that of version 2.0 ?will a remap fix this issue ?if yes how can i do it?
Hi,

The best part about Royal Enfield is that you can simply ask the ASM or TSM in your locality ( through dealership | Brand store ) & ask them to remap your BULL & they will do it no questions asked. Just ask them for the newer map.

Regards
shan2129 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 11:00   #3540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
Hi,

The best part about Royal Enfield is that you can simply ask the ASM or TSM in your locality ( through dealership | Brand store ) & ask them to remap your BULL & they will do it no questions asked. Just ask them for the newer map.

Regards
I tried contacting the dealership but as per them the map which they have is a 2012 version but my bike is 2013 February model and they are not sure about the current version of map .Any way decided to give it a try

Last edited by justin.das : 3rd May 2014 at 11:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks