Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2010, 12:23   #136
Senior - BHPian

We had an awesome ride yesterday with the Blore Xbhp team. The riders on yesterday's trip were Nisarg, rdna, bioblade, nand15, eric, Ark and myself. We assembled at the meeting point and departed at around 5.30am. First stop was at Krishnagiri where we had breakfast.

Unfortunately the xBhp group photo from the Independence ride was in the managers cabin and he wasnt around for us to see it. Next weekend though (an excuse to ride again )

So after breakfast we took some pics, checked air pressure, saw a bullet gang pit entering the joint for breakfast as well. Turned out they were from a Rotary association and most were senior citizens.

Post breakfast we headed towards Chennai on the GQ. Destination was Yelagiri hills. On the way, Nand15 and rdna turned back as they had to head back home.

We had a lovely time riding to Yelagiri and also on the ghats but the heat was too much. On the way back we stopped at CCD Hosur and after a cold coffee and sandwiches (at 1.30pm) we headed back home.

It was a day well spent. Left early in the morning and reached back at 4.30pm. Covered 350 odd kms and it was an awesome ride. We took a lot of breaks and stopped for quite a bit on the hills. But didnt sightsee cos we didnt wanna leave the bikes unattended.

Here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-992.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-993.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-994.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-995.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-996.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-997.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-1007.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-1008.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-1009.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 5th July 2010 at 12:34. Reason: added pics
Old 6th July 2010, 19:12   #137
Senior - BHPian

Just ordered for a K&N Air Filter on eBay and it'll reach my folks in the US in a weeks time.

Cost me approx. USD 60/- which translates to around 2.8k INR. Very good deal i must say. I initially called Methods Automotive and they quoted 5k for the filter.

Here are the details for other ninja owners in case they are interested.

KA-2508 - K&N Replacement Filters, Replacement Air Filter
Old 7th July 2010, 13:35   #138
BHPian

thats awesome. Is it 2.8k with the shipping?
Old 7th July 2010, 14:04   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
thats awesome. Is it 2.8k with the shipping?
Shipping is free as I am getting it delivered within the US itself. My folks will be back in a few weeks, so ordered some stuff to be delivered to them and saved on shipping.
Old 7th July 2010, 14:06   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
We had an awesome ride yesterday with the Blore Xbhp team. The riders on yesterday's trip were Nisarg, rdna, bioblade, nand15, eric, Ark and myself. We assembled at the meeting point and departed at around 5.30am. First stop was at Krishnagiri where we had breakfast.
Good pics Aditya. Missed this ride by a whisker! But i did ride on the same day to Krishnagiri but a left home late. Left at 8:30 and reached back home by 1:30. Will try and join you guys for the next ride!
Old 7th July 2010, 14:13   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Good pics Aditya. Missed this ride by a whisker! But i did ride on the same day to Krishnagiri but a left home late. Left at 8:30 and reached back home by 1:30. Will try and join you guys for the next ride!
Hey, we will be riding again on sunday morning to Nandi hills. After we spend some time at Nandi we will be riding on the NH4 that leads to Hyd past devanahalli. There is a Kamat hotel where we plan to breakfast and then return.

We will be meeting at 4.30am on sunday, 11th July opposite Esteem Mall on the international airport road just past the hebbal flyover. Do try and join us.
Old 7th July 2010, 14:59   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Just ordered for a K&N Air Filter on eBay and it'll reach my folks in the US in a weeks time.

Cost me approx. USD 60/- which translates to around 2.8k INR. Very good deal i must say. I initially called Methods Automotive and they quoted 5k for the filter.

Here are the details for other ninja owners in case they are interested.

KA-2508 - K&N Replacement Filters, Replacement Air Filter

just inquired with 4 season automobiles..3500 bux for the filter plus an additional 10% disc.
Old 7th July 2010, 16:24   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
just inquired with 4 season automobiles..3500 bux for the filter plus an additional 10% disc.
Thats a wonderful deal.

P.S. Cramster has just launched a balaclava and the introductory price is only 200 bucks. Make the most of it. details are here. Scroll to the end of the page for complete info.

Last edited by n_aditya : 7th July 2010 at 16:26.
Old 7th July 2010, 18:07   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, we will be riding again on sunday morning to Nandi hills. After we spend some time at Nandi we will be riding on the NH4 that leads to Hyd past devanahalli. There is a Kamat hotel where we plan to breakfast and then return.

We will be meeting at 4.30am on sunday, 11th July opposite Esteem Mall on the international airport road just past the hebbal flyover. Do try and join us.
4:30 AM Will try and see if i can get wifey to be up and ready by then
On succeeding with it will surely join at the rendezvous point.

Seeing the pics of the ride again, noticed that you had another Ninja for company. What was the speeds you did on the ride? Tried the top whack of the bike yet?

Last edited by abhinav.s : 7th July 2010 at 18:09.
Old 7th July 2010, 19:02   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4:30 AM Will try and see if i can get wifey to be up and ready by then On succeeding with it will surely join at the rendezvous point.

Seeing the pics of the ride again, noticed that you had another Ninja for company. What was the speeds you did on the ride? Tried the top whack of the bike yet?
Well, I'll look forward to meeting you. Nandi hills is best visited early in the morning. I frequently ride there and every time I feel like I am in Ooty. You literally ride thru clouds and thick fog and sometimes it rains too. But this is only on the way up and on the top of the hill. Your wife would love it. Its a very romantic experience.

My wife, son & I went twice in the last 2 weeks. The first time she visited Nandi was only 2 weeks back and she looks forward to it everytime.

The other ninja (black one) was delivered a day or two before mine. I met the owner when I went to pay the balance amount and he was there for the same reason too. We met again only few weeks back when he joined in for a ride with us. Well regarding speeds, we faced heavy crosswinds on the way to Yelagiri, so speeds were limited to 120 or 130kph. Post that it was not safe. I've managed to clock a top speed of 160kph so far. I guess the top speed the bike can do is around 170kph... the climb to 150k's is quick and post that it's a gradual increase.

Edit - before i bought the bike, i was like "wow, 150kph is awesome". But now, it feels so easy and its like child's play. You want something that is faster

Last edited by n_aditya : 7th July 2010 at 19:08.
Old 7th July 2010, 21:18   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I'll look forward to meeting you. Nandi hills is best visited early in the morning. I frequently ride there and every time I feel like I am in Ooty. You literally ride thru clouds and thick fog and sometimes it rains too. But this is only on the way up and on the top of the hill. Your wife would love it. Its a very romantic experience.
Will show her this today and get her to make up her mind for the 4:30 morning rendezvous Me too looking forward to meeting you!!

Quote:
Well regarding speeds, we faced heavy crosswinds on the way to Yelagiri, so speeds were limited to 120 or 130kph. Post that it was not safe. I've managed to clock a top speed of 160kph so far. I guess the top speed the bike can do is around 170kph... the climb to 150k's is quick and post that it's a gradual increase.

Edit - before i bought the bike, i was like "wow, 150kph is awesome". But now, it feels so easy and its like child's play. You want something that is faster
Totally agree regarding the cross winds. It was still quite heavy on my way back in the afternoon as well. Could only manage around 90-95kph avg. speeds and a top whack of 106kph for a short duration.

For the part in bold, reason to start saving for a 600 or liter class then eh??
Old 7th July 2010, 23:20   #147
BHPian

Quote:

Psssssst....psst..... How about 5? Can't mention the "Office" excuse this time around too
Old 8th July 2010, 11:55   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the part in bold, reason to start saving for a 600 or liter class then eh??
Maybe a 600 but no liter class for me. IMHO i think a liter class on our roads is wildly impractical and I'd rather have something that i can put to good use. But then even the 600 is a few good years away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
Psssssst....psst..... How about 5? Can't mention the "Office" excuse this time around too
Hey bro, i suggested 4.30am considering Indian Stretchable Time standards. IMO 5 am is lil late and by the time we leave its past sunrise. Its awesome to catch sunrise at Nandi. so we meet at 4.30am and leave by 5am latest.

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th July 2010 at 11:56.
Old 8th July 2010, 12:36   #149
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I guess the top speed the bike can do is around 170kph... the climb to 150k's is quick and post that it's a gradual increase.

Adi, don't you think the performance figures which the 250R can spew up is in accordance if not more than what is required in India?

Given money i would install Dynojet's/power commander in a 1000 but that is something else.
No one is satisfied with stock.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:02   #150
BHPian

Would love to try and join you guys for a ride some time. I won't be doing any stonking speeds as I'd like a leisurely ride on my Roadking but it'd be fun to do a ride with company.

Cheers

Rahul

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks