Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 14:32   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
Would love to try and join you guys for a ride some time. I won't be doing any stonking speeds as I'd like a leisurely ride on my Roadking but it'd be fun to do a ride with company.

Cheers

Rahul
I guess you will have company with not all riders doing stonking speeds. So don't think speed should be an issue. And yes it'd fun to ride with company.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:43   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Adi, don't you think the performance figures which the 250R can spew up is in accordance if not more than what is required in India?

No one is satisfied with stock.
Pretty much right there bro. The 250R has enough power for Indian conditions, though I sometimes feel a tug in my heart when the average joe mentions "is this a 600? no? 250 only?". But IMO a 400 is best for us considering that you can use most of the power. Anything bigger is an overkill IMO.

Rightly said, no one is satisfied with stock. I will be ordering a slip-on and maybe a power commander too but that's gonna take a lil while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT13 View Post
Would love to try and join you guys for a ride some time. I won't be doing any stonking speeds as I'd like a leisurely ride on my Roadking but it'd be fun to do a ride with company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
I guess you will have company with not all riders doing stonking speeds. So don't think speed should be an issue. And yes it'd fun to ride with company.
+1 to that. Do join us Rahul. We have all sorts of bikes in the ride and not just ninja's and 220's. On almost all our rides we have a mix of riders and bikes so for the sake of safety we split the group into two... one group that rides a wee bit faster and the other at moderately lower speeds. So that said, I hope I can meet you on sunday (and Abhibnav too).
Old 20th July 2010, 11:29   #153
Senior - BHPian

Got the oil changed on my ninja over the weekend. Switched to Motul 5100 15W50 semi-synth oil. The recommended grade as per the manual is 20W50 but i felt a slightly thinner oil would do better in terms of lubrication since this is a high revving machine and in cold weather it would serve the bike better.

The first oil change was done as per the recommended 1000 kms and the next scheduled change was due only at 12k kms. This was a huge interval so I went ahead with the oil change along with a change in the oil filter as well.

Here is a break-up of the cost:

1. Motul 15W50 Semi Synth - Two liters - approx. Rs. 750/- (although only 1.6 liters was used, the remaining will come to use at the next change interval)

2. Oil Filter - Rs. 318/-

3. Labor - Rs. 150/-

Also got the front wheel greased as I was facing some minor squeaking noise.

The odo read 3700 odd kms and post the oil change I rode the next day for around 400 kms. Couldnt find any significant difference but the engine felt slightly smoother with a wee bit of reduction in engine noise at high rev's.

The old oil was slightly darker but had no traces or deposits and had no acrid smell as well. I plan to change the oil every 5k kms and the oil filter every 10k kms.

On sunday morning we rode towards Salem and turned back just 40kms before the Salem border. It was a lovely ride with 2 other Xbhpians (one black ninja and one blue R15) and we were cruising at speeds ranging between 120 and 150kmph. We started early at 6am and completed 400 kms well before noon with 2 pit stops, one for breakfast and another at the Krishnagiri dam where we enjoyed the calm and peace for a good 30-45 mins. It was a day well spent. One of the best rides i've had on the ninja by far.

Stay tuned for a review of the performance with the new K&N air filter (i dont expect any major increase ) and a review on the Xena Disc Alarm lock model no XX-6.

For more info on this visit XENA Security Locks, Alarms & Accessories for Motorcycles, Scooters and ATVs or visit this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ies-bikes.html for updates. There are some video's posted here for reference.

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th July 2010 at 11:33.
Old 20th July 2010, 13:31   #154
BHPian

My friend is thinking of buying a ninja 250,not finalized though. But the nearest probiking dealer is 300kms from his home. So should I discourage him from buying?
Old 20th July 2010, 13:49   #155
BANNED

Well, here is the question that has been lingering in my mind for some time now. Can the Ninja be used in place of a Bullet for long distance riding with 2 people and some luggage?

I do more than 1000kms regularly on long rides and have not faced any wrist, lower back or shoulder pain, ever.

Also, what mileage are you people getting with your Ninjas at speeds of around 100kmph on the highways? City FE figures too are welcome.
Old 20th July 2010, 14:51   #156
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
On sunday morning we rode towards Salem and turned back just 40kms before the Salem border. It was a lovely ride with 2 other Xbhpians (one black ninja and one blue R15) and we were cruising at speeds ranging between 120 and 150kmph. We started early at 6am and completed 400 kms well before noon with 2 pit stops, one for breakfast and another at the Krishnagiri dam where we enjoyed the calm and peace for a good 30-45 mins. It was a day well spent. One of the best rides i've had on the ninja by far.
Now this is bad, no photos, nothing.
Old 20th July 2010, 15:08   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade007 View Post
My friend is thinking of buying a ninja 250,not finalized though. But the nearest probiking dealer is 300kms from his home. So should I discourage him from buying?
Shouldn't be an issue with the dealer being 300kms away. Probiking only deals with sales of the ninja. Servicing is done by a regular bajaj service center and they generally have 3-4 bay's reserved for the ninja. It'll help to talk to the Probiking guys and figure out where your friend needs to go for servicing. Bajaj has technicians trained by Kawasaki who do a pretty good job. Your friend will need to call at least 2-3 days in advance and book a slot for regular service. Any other minor jobs or anything that needs immediate attention is sorted out without a fuss.

I've never had an opportunity or requirement to go to the dealer after my bike was delivered. And regarding service, i've been to the service center only twice so far since my bike was delivered on May 7th 2010. Once for the scheduled first service at 1000kms and the second, last saturday for an oil change which is unscheduled but highly recommended by most owners. My odo reads over 4k kms in just 2.5 months.

P.S. I know a few who have bought ninja's and have no service in their city. They travel across cities for servicing. If your friend is worried about reliability or service, fret not, the bike is very reliable. 46 bikes in blore and not a singe one that has given up on the highway. One of my friends rode over 6500kms all over India as soon as he bought it, with no issues, and also got it serviced across bajaj's service centers in india which were equipped to service the ninja. I'm sure there will be a bajaj service center that can service your friends ninja. Check with the nearest probiking center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Can the Ninja be used in place of a Bullet for long distance riding with 2 people and some luggage?

Also, what mileage are you people getting with your Ninjas at speeds of around 100kmph on the highways? City FE figures too are welcome.
Well for one person with some luggage the Ninja 250R is an excellent tourer. You can pack your stuff and tie it down on the rear seat and also carry some stuff in your backpack.

But 2 people with luggage is definitely not possible. The rear seat is quite small and definitely not comfy for a pillion on long rides. And if there is a pillion, there definitely wont be space for luggage.

If the pillion is wearing a backpack the safety aspect is greatly affected... moreover if you plan to ride fast handling is compromised to a large extent with a pillion wearing a backpack.

The ninja cannot be on par with a bullet in terms of cruising or touring with a pillion and some luggage. If you plan to travel alone, then its excellent... with a pillion - acceptable, with a pillion with luggage - highly not recommended.

FE is pretty good. During the run-in period i was getting 30-35kmpl as speeds were not exceeding 85kmph. Now i get between 23 and 27kmpl since i ride only on highways and mostly at around 120-150kmph, and i shift gears only above 10k RPM. The bike redlines at 13000 RPM and i'm yet to touch this limit on the 6th gear. There is no revlimiter as well realized this once only when i saw the console and the needle was at 14500 rpm, 5th gear, 150kph.

Stay below 6k rpm in each gear and you can expect 30kmpl. 6k rpm in 6th gear is ~90kmph.

@sheel - sorry dude. no pics. i forgot my camera. But no worries since i ride every weekend, i'll take some pics this weekend and post them.

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th July 2010 at 15:16. Reason: typo
Old 20th July 2010, 15:29   #158
BANNED

Thank you for your inputs Aditya. So I guess, the wait continues....for a better cruiser, and an affordable price with acceptable FE.
Old 20th July 2010, 15:44   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Thank you for your inputs Aditya. So I guess, the wait continues....for a better cruiser, and an affordable price with acceptable FE.
Sir, if you don't take offence, may I suggest a Karizma or a ZMR?

Aditya is bang on with everything he has spoken about.
Old 20th July 2010, 17:37   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMHO even the Karizma or the ZMR doesnt match up to the touring capabilities of the Bullet. Maybe the Karizma to an extent but the ZMR lacks top-end punch and is not very generous on the FE part too. But it can still get a bit cramped with 2 people and luggage while the bullet is "roomier".
Old 20th July 2010, 17:44   #161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
IMHO even the Karizma or the ZMR doesnt match up to the touring capabilities of the Bullet. Maybe the Karizma to an extent but the ZMR lacks top-end punch and is not very generous on the FE part too. But it can still get a bit cramped with 2 people and luggage while the bullet is "roomier".
Right, but I was suggesting a sportier alternative.

If I have to tour with someone, I too would either pick a 'zma or an RE and go a notch slower.

TR the prospects with pillion, shall be of immense help as dynamics change considerably with pillion/luggage, pillion + luggage.
Old 20th July 2010, 19:18   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
first congrats on that awesome bike, excellent choice

I have riden my brother's Tbird twinspark and its good only till 80-90kmph after that the bikes vibrates like mad, maybe ok for 100kms of so but not more. But on my karizma i can easily do 100-120 constant without any trouble. IMO karizma has much better cruising abilities. I don't think there is any difference in power delivery of Karizma or ZMR. about the FE part in city i easily get 38-42kmpl and highways 32-35kmpl.

PS: everytime i see your thread i feel like going and booking one
Old 20th July 2010, 19:28   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
PS: everytime i see your thread i feel like going and booking one
Thanks Rahul. Everytime I see my ninja parked I feel like going on a ride. I used to ride everyday religiously to complete the run-in asap. Plus the family was away on vacation. Now I ride only on Sunday mornings but ensure I clock at least 300 kms minimum.

P.S. If the price of a new ninja is stopping you, then there are at least 2-3 used ninja's with very low miles and in very good condition for sale. I guess you can get one for as low as 2.5 lacs. Plus no pains of running in the engine too.
Old 21st July 2010, 09:43   #164
BANNED

Quote:

Aditya is bang on with everything he has spoken about.
Absolutely no offense Sir.
The only reason I have been staying away from the Karizma is the fact that I tend to ride a bit rough, not to other road users but to the bike when I m on an extended trip. The presence of so many extended FRP panels including the long tail lamp, the engine cover/guard etc on the ZMA and the fairing scare me as I feel they are prone to breakage.

Do feel free to comment.
Old 24th July 2010, 23:06   #165
Senior - BHPian

We had an awesome ride to DD hills today morning. Missed the sunrise but the ride was awesome.

The ride enroute through Yelahankha was slightly slow due to single lane roads, but on the way back we took the NICE road, so our speeds were much higher. Touched 155 kmph easily and the bike handled well even at these speeds in pretty heavy winds.

Here are some pics of the ride... We were four riders in all. One RTR (rdna), One black Ninja, one 220 and my green ninja.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-029.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-030.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-031.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-035.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-036.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-039.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-040.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-041.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-043.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-044.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-045.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-049.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-051.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-052.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-053.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-054.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-055.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-056.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-059.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-060.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-061.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-062.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-063.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-064.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-066.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-068.jpg  

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-camera-pics-069.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th July 2010 at 23:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks