Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 22:33   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Good pics Aditya! From the last pic i think the rider with the riding jacket on the first ninja is you. And going by the rides team bhpians own let me risk a guess of the others in the group
Thanks Abhinav. Pics were shot from a point and shoot cam so the quality is not great.

And yes, thats me with the riding jacket on the ninja, but the other riders are part of Xbhp.

This was a ride around mid-may when i was still in the initial running-in period of the bike. The odo crossed the 800 km mark just when i entered the city limits.
Old 14th June 2010, 23:13   #107
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics Aditya Lets see when I get to see the beauty in person.

Quote:
Red R15 -> Sriram V Iyer
P220 -> Praful
RTR180 -> Sammyboy

When did you guys ride out?
Thanks Abhinav, its nice to see someone actually feels that I might have gone riding. Unfortunately it wasnt me and I am sure its not Sriram as well. He is as lazy (atleast in posting as I am )

Not a bad idea though, should plan a ride sometime, but after rains. TVS tyres really really suck in this weather. Just came back after dinner and a short ride with the wife, it was drizzling and the weather was lovely. But having to be extremely careful because of the tyres does dampen the fun a little bit.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:10   #108
Senior - BHPian

Good news folks.

Bajaj is organizing an event on 20th June (Sunday) for prospective Ninja customers.

The event is open to everyone and ninja owners will also be present for the event.

The event is organized for the interested folks to interact with the ninja owners and get a first hand impression of the bike, clarify doubts (like kitna mileage) etc. and the icing on the cake.... Test rides organized at the NICE road on a couple of Ninja's.

Please assemble at the Bajaj Probiking Showroom (Indiranagar) on Sunday 20th June at 9.45am. The event will start at 10am and end at noon.

P.S. Get your helmets and riding gear along if you are going to take a test ride. Do not exclude the riding jacket as it is raining almost everyday and the roads are slippery. If you dont have a riding jacket, get a leather jacket or any thick jacket along which could provide some level of protection.

See you all on Sunday morning.

Last edited by n_aditya : 15th June 2010 at 12:12.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:00   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Thanks Abhinav, its nice to see someone actually feels that I might have gone riding. Unfortunately it wasnt me and I am sure its not Sriram as well. He is as lazy (atleast in posting as I am )

Not a bad idea though, should plan a ride sometime, but after rains. TVS tyres really really suck in this weather. Just came back after dinner and a short ride with the wife, it was drizzling and the weather was lovely. But having to be extremely careful because of the tyres does dampen the fun a little bit.
that's why i said i am risking a guess. But it would be good to go on a ride. I just changed the tires on my RTR 160 from stock to TVS jumbo tubeless. The grip levels are much better compared to stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Good news folks.

Bajaj is organizing an event on 20th June (Sunday) for prospective Ninja customers.

The event is open to everyone and ninja owners will also be present for the event.

Great initiative from Bajaj. Good to see them making an effort to give the feel of Ninja to prospective buyers.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:13   #110
BHPian

Cost of spares

Hi Guys,

My friends Ninja was recently knocked down by a car while it was parked. Most of the damage was to the right side of the bike (Right Fairing, FR indicator, exhaust muffler etc). The quote that the pro-biking guys gave us had some pretty abysmal prices:

Right Fairing - Rs. 10,000 (approx)
FR Indicator - Rs. 1450
Silencer - Rs. 18,000
"Ninja" sticker on the fairing - Rs. 2000

There were a couple of other miscellaneous things added to the above (like the part that the footpeg is mounted on etc...) which I cannot remember the prices. The total "damage" was Rs. 49,000.

Pretty expensive if you ask me...
Old 15th June 2010, 13:30   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorpayne View Post
There were a couple of other miscellaneous things added to the above (like the part that the footpeg is mounted on etc...) which I cannot remember the prices. The total "damage" was Rs. 49,000.
Whoa!! Thats a huge bill. Any idea how much your friend had to shell out after insurance claims?
Old 15th June 2010, 13:44   #112
BHPian

Nice pics Aditya the first one is lovely

Major payne - the spares seem to be exorbitant !!
1450 for an single indicator ?
2000 for a Ninja sticker !?
18000 for a silencer ?

All the above seem to be unbelievable !!
Old 15th June 2010, 13:49   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The quote that the pro-biking guys gave us had some pretty abysmal prices:

Right Fairing - Rs. 10,000 (approx)
FR Indicator - Rs. 1450
Silencer - Rs. 18,000
"Ninja" sticker on the fairing - Rs. 2000. Pretty expensive if you ask me...
Yes, the parts are expensive which means one has to ride very carefully and anticipate the impossible. One side fairing costs almost 11k including taxes. Battery costs 10k. Front and rear IRC tires cost 11k. This is not a cheap bike to own or maintain. So ride with utmost caution.

I almost got knocked down twice but was really lucky. One was when a taxi indica in the right most lane swerved left and stopped a few cms from my right indicator. Gave a piece of my mind to him. Stupid guy was trying to ape racing lines on a public road with traffic on either side too.

Another instance was a Ford Ikon overtaking me from the left and suddenly realized he overshot a right turn and swerved. Again stopped a few cms from my right indicator.

After these instances I try hard to not ride the ninja in the city with the crazy traffic, so most of my rides are very early in the morning and on highways.

Edit - 18k for the stock end can is not worth it. Rather spend a lil more and get an aftermarket slip-on.

Last edited by n_aditya : 15th June 2010 at 13:50.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:52   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Whoa!! Thats a huge bill. Any idea how much your friend had to shell out after insurance claims?
I'll let you know about this in a couple of days. The guy from the insurance company has not surveyed the bike as yet. Should happen in a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Nice pics Aditya the first one is lovely

Major payne - the spares seem to be exorbitant !!
1450 for an single indicator ?
2000 for a Ninja sticker !?
18000 for a silencer ?

All the above seem to be unbelievable !!
Yeah. Totally unbelievable! Tell you what, let me get the repair quotation from my friend and scan it up here so you can take a look yourself.
Old 15th June 2010, 14:00   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the parts are expensive which means one has to ride very carefully and anticipate the impossible. One side fairing costs almost 11k including taxes. Battery costs 10k. Front and rear IRC tires cost 11k. This is not a cheap bike to own or maintain. So ride with utmost caution.

I almost got knocked down twice but was really lucky. One was when a taxi indica in the right most lane swerved left and stopped a few cms from my right indicator. Gave a piece of my mind to him. Stupid guy was trying to ape racing lines on a public road with traffic on either side too.

Another instance was a Ford Ikon overtaking me from the left and suddenly realized he overshot a right turn and swerved. Again stopped a few cms from my right indicator.

After these instances I try hard to not ride the ninja in the city with the crazy traffic, so most of my rides are very early in the morning and on highways.

Edit - 18k for the stock end can is not worth it. Rather spend a lil more and get an aftermarket slip-on.
Unfortunately for my friend, the bike was parked at the side of the road and was knocked down by a guy who was too hammered to be sitting behind the wheel of the car.

The idea of getting an aftermarket slip-on end can has not slipped our mind. However, wouldn't this void the warranty of the bike (its just about 2 months old)?

Last edited by majorpayne : 15th June 2010 at 14:14.
Old 15th June 2010, 14:16   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Good news folks.

The event is organized for the interested folks to interact with the ninja owners and get a first hand impression of the bike, clarify doubts (like kitna mileage) etc. and the icing on the cake.... Test rides organized at the NICE road on a couple of Ninja's.

Please assemble at the Bajaj Probiking Showroom (Indiranagar) on Sunday 20th June at 9.45am. The event will start at 10am and end at noon.

P.S. Get your helmets and riding gear along if you are going to take a test ride. Do not exclude the riding jacket as it is raining almost everyday and the roads are slippery. If you dont have a riding jacket, get a leather jacket or any thick jacket along which could provide some level of protection.

Just ask if something similar is lined up for mumbai as well..
Old 15th June 2010, 14:40   #117
BHPian

Hi Adi! we are planning to have a mega meet on this saturday! Shan's also in blore! You game?

Cheers
Shrey
Old 15th June 2010, 17:04   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The idea of getting an aftermarket slip-on end can has not slipped our mind. However, wouldn't this void the warranty of the bike (its just about 2 months old)?
Not sure of the warranty going void. check with Bajaj. However there is a member on xbhp who has an aftermarket slip-on on his ninja which is less than 2 months old. I'll check with him and post the info on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Just ask if something similar is lined up for mumbai as well..
Sure dude. There was a similar event held at Pune a week or two back at the MotoCafe in Pune. Details are on the Ninja ownership thread on xbhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Hi Adi! we are planning to have a mega meet on this saturday! Shan's also in blore! You game?
Definitely in dude. Its been close to 4 years since I've met Shan2nu and you guys as well. Will be nice to catch up. Lemme know when and where.
Old 15th June 2010, 17:10   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately for my friend, the bike was parked at the side of the road and was knocked down by a guy who was too hammered to be sitting behind the wheel of the car.

The end-can is perhaps the only part you can expect decent amount from the insurance company - it being metal. For the rest, you would be lucky to get 50%.

And on a different note, yes it would void the warranty. Just not worth it man.
Old 15th June 2010, 17:35   #120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sure dude. There was a similar event held at Pune a week or two back at the MotoCafe in Pune. Details are on the Ninja ownership thread on xbhp.
Most definitely interested if something's happening in bbay as well. Please do ask and post info. Thx

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks