Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 13:55   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Went for the best ride ever on the Ninja.

I still say this and more strongly... If you are thinking of a ninja and calculating other spends, plan it well and just pick this bike up. Its worth every damn penny and will take a long time for you to get bored with it. This is by far the best i have ever ridden.

Aditya,

Sharing Your exuberance over phone yesterday, got me going maan.
No matter what, its time for me to meet You and Your ride over the weekend. Do You have plans for the frame-sliders?
Old 18th May 2010, 14:09   #62
BHPian

congrats Aditya, I hope one day i too shall own an SBK

As they say, with power comes more responsibility, so Ride Safe !
Old 18th May 2010, 18:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Sharing Your exuberance over phone yesterday, got me going maan. No matter what, its time for me to meet You and Your ride over the weekend. Do You have plans for the frame-sliders?
Kandan, just go and get yourself the ninja bro. You definitely wont regret it. Total bang for the buck. Japanese technology at its best. The only grouse I had was riding below 4k rpm for the first 800kms. It was worse than waiting for the bike.

No frame sliders dude. To fit a no-cut frame slider, i still have to grind the crankcase cover. So its off the list as of now. But will be getting a disc alarm lock from the US for the bike along with some paint protection film and other stuff. Badly want a slip-on but will get that after the 2-year warranty period is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
congrats Aditya, I hope one day i too shall own an SBK As they say, with power comes more responsibility, so Ride Safe !
Thanks dude. I hope that you get the SBK of your dreams soon. I just downloaded "Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch" and hope that it improves my riding skills. Highly recommended for every rider.
Old 19th May 2010, 22:06   #64
BHPian

Hey Aditya,
Yours has to be the thread with the most soul on this forum.
Can almost taste your anticipation of hitting the rev limit.
Just converted from the the "3.5 is too much" club to the "lets check out the bike at the showroom".
Man you can shift some serious feeling in your writing.
Cheers.

PS - Partial to the the black Ninja
Old 19th May 2010, 22:39   #65
BANNED

Congrats man.

Was waiting for you to come over for the Sundays photoshoot.

Once Riju told me you were coming with your bike, i was eager to see the beauty.

Sad, you were not able to make it.

Itching to see your bike in flesh soon
Old 19th May 2010, 22:52   #66
BHPian

Congratulations!! Very good write-up. Will be following this thread. Wishing you many many happy miles with your Ninja.
Old 20th May 2010, 09:58   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki_Rau View Post
Hey Aditya, Yours has to be the thread with the most soul on this forum. Can almost taste your anticipation of hitting the rev limit. Just converted from the the "3.5 is too much" club to the "lets check out the bike at the showroom". Man you can shift some serious feeling in your writing.
Thanks Vicki. I only wish Bajaj offered test rides but that's too much to ask at this time. But I hope you buy the ninja if you always wanted one and if you do buy the ninja, you wont regret it. It's total VFM. Even I thought it was overpriced but quality comes at a price and this is totally worth the moolah. The levels of refinement are very high and I am not saying all this cos I own the ninja.

Do feel free to come over and check out the bike if needed. Just send me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Congrats man. Was waiting for you to come over for the Sundays photoshoot. Once Riju told me you were coming with your bike, i was eager to see the beauty. Sad, you were not able to make it. Itching to see your bike in flesh soon
Thanks Pavan. Went for a long ride on Sunday early morning and got back only by afternoon. Post that it started raining so riding was pretty much out. Do drop by sometime. Would love to see the bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper123 View Post
Congratulations!! Very good write-up. Will be following this thread. Wishing you many many happy miles with your Ninja.
Thanks bro.
Old 20th May 2010, 17:26   #68
BHPian

Just finished reading the thread.
Aditya, Nice write-up and Congrats on the "Green" machine.

Can you please get the photo-shoot done ASAP and post a few more pics.
Riju, come on man. Help the guy will ya ?

What is the stipulated service intervals and "run-in" periods as per the manufacturer. What kind of oil its using ? Synthetic or mineral ?

Since you have open her up a lil (6k) how does it feel to ride 100kmph ?
Wind blast, do you "feel" it. More importantly do you "feel the speed" ?

Have a blast riding the "Green Monster".
Let the revs be with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
If you're constantly braking in panic or making speed adjustment to escape from situations, you're riding above your skill level.
Excellent. Could't agree with you more.
Old 20th May 2010, 18:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Just finished reading the thread. Aditya, Nice write-up and Congrats on the "Green" machine. Can you please get the photo-shoot done ASAP and post a few more pics. Riju, come on man. Help the guy will ya ? What is the stipulated service intervals and "run-in" periods as per the manufacturer. What kind of oil its using ? Synthetic or mineral ? Since you have open her up a lil (6k) how does it feel to ride 100kmph ? Wind blast, do you "feel" it. More importantly do you "feel the speed" ?
Thanks for the wishes bro. Will try to get the photo's shot soon. I am also itching for some nice shots of the ninja.

1. The first service is at 1000kms. Thereafter it is at every 12k kms I think. Not very sure. Haven't read the service interval topic in the manual in detail.

2. Run-in period is split into 2 phases.
  • The first phase is where the bike has to be restricted to 4000 rpm which is very painful. Not because you are itching to twist the wrist but imagine trying to clock 800 kms at speeds ranging between 40kmph and 60kmph (4k rpm in 6th gear = ~60kmph).
  • The second phase is another 800kms but you can go upto 6k rpm which translates to around 90/95kmph. This is way better.
The important thing is that speeds are varied and one has to ensure that the engine doesnt run at a constant rpm. Thats why I said 4k rpm is a pain. I've ridden 100kms on a single day, varying between 3k and 4k rpm (~ 40-60kmph). Takes hours to do 100kms and since the posture is not as ergonomical as our commuter bikes, the ankles, elbows and palms pain a lot. Also it is very tiring at the end of the ride.

But now there is no stress as I am covering more kms faster. I am not pushing myself to gobble more miles and I stop for a break as often as I can. See, I was desperate to cover the first 800kms, so I used to ride without a break and that was stressful and painful.

As of now the bike is running on mineral oil but will switch to fully synth after around 5k kms.

Well riding at 6k rpm... its really fun. Acceleration is very quick and with every gear shift the bike lunges forward. You can feel the thrust and the bike throws you back. Thank heavens there was no pillion rider. Even with this kind of acceleration, the refinement and smoothness is top notch. Dump the clutch when the lights turn green (and be careful as it is very easy to pop a wheelie) and shift away and 90kmph is achieved in a very short time (no measurements yet) and the rest of the vehicles are trailing far behind. On open empty roads you cant judge the speed unless you glance at the speedo but in the city the speeds are very evident which leaves a wide smile on my face. Shifting at 13k rpm is gonna be insane as international test reports have clocked 7secs 0-100 on the ninja. It is unbelievable that a 250cc motor pumping out only 33 horses can actually be so quick.

One has to be very careful with the brakes also as they have serious bite and can lock up easily with more than the required force. But the stopping power is excellent.

Windblast at 6k rpm is negligible unless i open the visor on my lid. But my friends who own a ninja say that over 130kmph, one has to crouch. And the bike easily does 170+kmph.

Manson, who was instrumental in my decision had also mentioned that a 20 something rider with a stock ninja250 could effortlessly keep up with the 600cc machines. So does anyone still think 3.2lacs is overpriced for the ninja250?

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th May 2010 at 18:49.
Old 20th May 2010, 18:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for paint protection films for the ninja to protect the windshield and other areas which are prone to dings and scratches.

Will be getting a roll of that from the US but today I tried to source some information whether this was available locally.

3M only has the coating and no film. They have discontinued this although the website mentions it.

Llumar - Methods is the stockist as per the website but they had no clue too. Spoke to a guy in Mumbai from Llumar and i was told that they will be launching it in a month or so. Details will be sent to me in a couple of days. Will post it when I get them.

I looked up this when searching for Paint Protection Films on Google.

So as of now, there are no options available locally. 3M dealers also have no clue of PPF's.

If anyone has info on this please let me know where I can source this from (within India).

P.S. Mod's, deliberately creating a new post for the benefit of other interested members.

Last edited by n_aditya : 20th May 2010 at 19:00.
Old 20th May 2010, 19:57   #71
BHPian

Congrats Aditya!

all this while I was anxiously waiting as to when will you call and say that finally, the ninja is here.

Just finished reading the thread and looks like you're having a ball!!

Enjoy maadi, please PM ur number to me so that we can meet up on the weekends!

Cheers
Shrey

PS: I might ride in with something that would be of great great interest to you ;-)

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 20th May 2010 at 19:58.
Old 20th May 2010, 23:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Congrats Aditya! all this while I was anxiously waiting as to when will you call and say that finally, the ninja is here. Just finished reading the thread and looks like you're having a ball!! Enjoy maadi, please PM ur number to me so that we can meet up on the weekends!

PS: I might ride in with something that would be of great great interest to you
Thanks Shrey. Is it the R6 or something even bigger and better?

Edit - correction to my earlier post, the service intervals are at every 6k kms.
Old 21st May 2010, 08:46   #73
BHPian

Quote:
One has to be very careful with the brakes also as they have serious bite and can lock up easily with more than the required force. But the stopping power is excellent.
I hope you'll spent a lot of time practicing stopping including panic stops. This is the most neglected skill by most riders and is actually harder to master than almost all other riding skills. One or two fingers must always rest on the front brake and they should only be squeezed, never grabbed. If you don't rest your fingers on them, you'll inevitably grab them when required.

Cheers
VLOCT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2010, 11:07   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
I hope you'll spent a lot of time practicing stopping including panic stops. This is the most neglected skill by most riders and is actually harder to master than almost all other riding skills. One or two fingers must always rest on the front brake and they should only be squeezed, never grabbed. If you don't rest your fingers on them, you'll inevitably grab them when required.
Thanks for the tip Sir.

Thats one thing I need to master. Panic stops. And using / pumping the brakes and slowing down drastically.

Also as suggested I always have 2 fingers on the front brake anticipating an obstruction in my path. My left thumb is sore as it is always positioned behind the horn button.

To add to the above, one should also ensure a quick look in the RVM while braking hard. Vehicles trailing behind (if any ) will not be able to stop on a dime as quickly as sportsbikes.
Old 21st May 2010, 11:31   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Vehicles trailing behind (if any ) will not be able to stop on a dime as quickly as sportsbikes.
shall sue you if i find one,
as you already completed the running-in

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks