Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2022, 20:26   #1681

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
This looks like water from the a/c condenser. Were you running the a/c before you stopped and parked the car? If yes, then there is a drain pipe angled downwards from which water would drip on the floor.
Hi, yes. I was running the AC before parking it. Is it normal due to condensation or shall I get it checked?
Old 26th June 2022, 06:23   #1682
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyam.gaur58 View Post
Hi, yes. I was running the AC before parking it. Is it normal due to condensation or shall I get it checked?
This is completely normal. No need to get it checked.
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 10:26   #1683
Senior - BHPian

I have had to replace the primary key of my wife's brio. Estimated cost is around Rs5k with 3.5k for the key paid against Honda invoice and 1.5k to be paid locally as cutting charge.

Is this ok?
Old 14th November 2022, 00:23   #1684

Hi all,
Since the time I got my car serviced, I've driven about 9000 kms. I have a trip to Delhi planned in December which should be about 700 kms to and fro. Shall I get the serviced before the trip or can I take it as it is? Our monthly running is very low, about 300 kms a month. And the car is running like a typical Honda.
Old 14th November 2022, 08:42   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since the time I got my car serviced, I've driven about 9000 kms.
IIRC, Brio has a service interval (including oil change) of 6k kms. You are way past that. Get it checked and serviced before your trip.

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 10:05   #1686

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
IIRC, Brio has a service interval (including oil change) of 6k kms. You are way past that. Get it checked and serviced before your trip.

-BJ
I get my car serviced at 10k kms since generally the running is just around 5000 kms in a year .
The 6k interval by Honda is just way too early.
Old 27th November 2022, 08:05   #1687
BHPian

Question on idle RPM

A couple of days ago, I was in my friend's 2013 or 2014 Brio and I felt that the engine was racing at idle (1200 rpm). Opening the hood, the engine noise felt normal. I was asking him about that, but, he didn't think it was abnormal.

What is the rpm your cars idle at? Is it above 1000? I have noticed all my modern cars idle at 800 although they might idle initially at above 1000 until the engine heats up. Am wondering if something is amiss or am being too picky.
Old 19th December 2022, 11:46   #1688

A love letter to babes on wheels by Ashish Agrawal

Like any typical Indian family in the 80s and 90s, my dad got a Maruti 800 in the early 90s. It was a light brown in colour and got me interested in the world of cars and driving.

I remember one incident very vividly during the early days of the 800. My dad was driving the car on the Aksa beach road and it was early days for him, somehow missed a gutter on the right-hand side and there goes the right-hand front wheel in the abyss.

The villagers around were really helpful in getting the 800 out and made me learn an important lesson about my country that day - no matter what trip you take with your car - there will always be helpful people around to rescue you. This gave me immense confidence.

Maruti Zen launched in the early 90s. My dad wanted to add another car to the garage. A lot of discussions in the family about what car to get next. I was very young but a tech geek having experimented with early computers such as ZX Sinclair with programs being loaded off tapes from a Phillips tape recorder and the computer which has housed in a keyboard connected to a TV! This gave me the necessary street cred to take part in all car and tech-buying decisions at home.

I was at that age not aware of handling etc but Maruti Zen appealed to me. It made me smile whenever it went past me. In my mind and my world, the decision was made.

Next on my mind was getting to drive the Zen one day. My 18th birthday was on the horizon and I enrolled myself in a driving class and requested my trainer to ensure that I get my driving license on my 18th birthday. He obliged and I did get my license on exactly the day I turned 18. What a rush!

Lot of memories and thrills I got out of driving my Maruti Zen and the sweet tunes blasting on the Takara tape only made it more engaging.

Fast forward to 2011, I was a freshly minted MBA grad and wanted to get a new car. Zen was past its prime but my love for her still kept me driving her.

I was stuck in a bad role post-MBA and needed something to do in the office. I was sitting in a nice private cubicle and had high-speed internet all day. Started researching cars and came by the Forum - Team-BHP!

So this is different. People here are knowledgeable about cars and they speak about the Indian car scene and have great knowledge - making it so relatable.

Spent the next 6 months reading almost all the posts made on Team-BHP till that date. Maybe not that great for my career but definitely great for exploring the world of cars and building on my natural curiosity.

Posts from GTO stood out for me. The way he went on about the engines being important and his love for Honda engines struck a chord somewhere.

Changed the way I view cars from that point on. I was at a stage where I knew I had to buy a new car and my love for Zen was still intact and the fact that when I started driving cars, Zen was already a little beat made me want to get a fast hatchback which can tear across the city and highways.

Also, I was deep into reading stuff on Team-BHP and wanted to get something with a great engine and handling.

Reports of Honda launching a new Hatchback mostly in the Indian and Thai markets came out and had me salivating. I used to check daily the discussions on Team-BHP and how things were shaping up.

Honda Brio soon launched and got a great review on Team-BHP and Autocar. GTO raved about the car being able to tear down city streets and highways with super handling putting a smile on your face - very reminiscent of my beloved Maruti Zen.

In my world, the decision was done and got a blue Honda Brio V in Nov 2011 which was the launch month. Still, remember the first day I took her out on Bombay streets.

It was early morning and a guy on a motorcycle went past me. He turned back and gave me a thumbs-up. Suddenly, it struck me that this might be probably one of the first Honda Brios’ that people in Bombay would actually see on the roads.

The pattern then repeated constantly throughout my drive. I of course was sticking to the speed limit for the initial 1000 km as per the manual which I had almost read in entirety out of all the excitement coursing through me.

Post the initial km slowly started pushing the car - took her out on a drive on the bends near Bombay. Realized that this car can move and stick to its lane even under intense cornering. Gave me a lot of confidence.

Took the car one fine morning on the Bandra-Worli Sea Link and was able to hit 150 kmph with the engine singing a melodic tune all along. The video I had seen of a Thai guy doing the same in Bangkok the day before on YouTube was true then.

The ultimate test of any car at least in my books is when it becomes an extension of you and this state of almost zen-like meditation allows you to do things like rap with one of your hands and tap one of your feet on the sweet music playing through your system.

Brio was that car for me.

We both had learnt things about each other over time and were relaxed and secure in each other’s company.

My favourite trick was redlining the engine in 2nd and 3rd gears on an open stretch of highway mostly early mornings.

When people or animals sprint they get tired of intense running when they are at the peak of their speed.

But Brio was a different animal.

She rewarded me with a sweet surge of power just when I thought we had reached the peak. I got addicted to this and would look out for opportunities to reach this state of auto nirvana whenever I got the chance.

They say “It is always about the driver and never about the car” - I would say “It is always about the relationship between the driver and the car”

Brio is a real beast in the city - a maniac surge of power available at the press of your feet with smile-inducing handling. On countless occasions we have overtaken cars from 3-4 segments above - it is play for us - of course within the bounds of safety.

There is nothing in the world which cannot be fixed by a long drive and great music in a car that you love.

Brio is that car for me.

I so ****in love my Brio and here is the best part - She loves me back.

Ashish Agrawal

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-11fe55208d094effa250495dd4721a8d.jpg
metalSeeker is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 23:29   #1689

Went for a quick drive to Dhanaulti since it snowed in the morning. Took my favourite girl and it was absolute bliss.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-20230120_160401.jpg  

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-20230120_165224.jpg  

sayyam.gaur58 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2023, 20:30   #1690
BHPian

We brought a Brio AT for city use last year and it has been bliss to drive in the city. Bangalore's traffic problem is very well known and enough has been spoken about it . We have driven more than 7k kms since we brought it and driving it somehow gives me a go-kart kinda exp when compared to my Harrier. It does provide around 11 kmpl in the city and around 15kmpl on highways.

We were planning to get a few things installed.[list]
  1. Armrest (I have heard Amaze's armrest is a direct fit)
  2. Sunblinds. Summer's coming !!!.
  3. Reverse camera and sensors with display.
  4. While we have got adjusted to the ground clearance (We are now somewhat trained to be able to judge the impact on Brio by looking at a road hump). We would like to know if there are some things which we can consider to increase it a bit more.

I would like to know if there are any suggestions for the same.

Last edited by shashi792 : 12th February 2023 at 20:40.
Old 13th February 2023, 10:57   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi792 View Post
[list]
  1. Armrest (I have heard Amaze's armrest is a direct fit)
  2. Sunblinds. Summer's coming !!!.
  3. Reverse camera and sensors with display.
  4. While we have got adjusted to the ground clearance (We are now somewhat trained to be able to judge the impact on Brio by looking at a road hump). We would like to know if there are some things which we can consider to increase it a bit more.
I would like to know if there are any suggestions for the same.
Firstly, welcome to the Happy Brio club. We're a month behind 5 years of delightful ownership.

Now, coming to your list:

1. The Armrest available for the Amaze/BR-V as a Honda genuine accessory is a good fit, but I chose to give that a pass as it makes accessing/using the parking brakes a bit harder

2. Only thing that works are the magnetic blinds, but it's hard to find a size that covers all of the window area. The closest I found were available on Amazon US.

3. I've long changed the head unit to a Blaupunkt Monte Carlo with HD cameras. This integrates seamlessly into the dash. There's now a an upgraded version of this system.

4. Haven't attempted or thought of doing anything in this direction. I do agree, however, that the low ground clearance is a concern, especially if you have 4 people in the car.

Good luck!
pannags is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 18:59   #1692

Hi all,

My father sent me this picture of Brio. It's the pillion side shock. Can anyone let me know how bad it looks?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-20230303_164517.jpg  

Old 4th March 2023, 13:01   #1693
One
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

My father sent me this picture of Brio. It's the pillion side shock. Can anyone let me know how bad it looks?
It looks like the fluid inside is seeping out, will need a change of shocks.

It probably doesn't need to be changed immediately, depends on how much your ride quality is getting impacted. But based on the stains around, this shock has served its time.
One is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 22:09   #1694

My 10 year old Brio's steering wheel feels too written out to hold. Can actually feel the rubber particles wearing off everytime I hold the wheel.

Does the job, but feels cheap when I drive my brio occasionally.

Has anyone changed the steering wheel and what are the costs? Any cost effective workarounds (leather wrapping, steering covers etc)?
Old 10th September 2023, 23:39   #1695
BHPian

Dear BHP-ians and owners of this amazing machine called BRIO, I am a freshly baked MBA Grad, just settling into my first job at one of the BIG4s, & said bye bye to my beloved Tiago (minus the engine, it's no-one's beloved) because it will stay at home with my parents, I am super leaned onto gifting myself a Brio on my bday(1st Jan). I found a couple of listings for 2014 VX that I can look upon, why just VX? Because ABS & Airbags are MUST for me. What is your opinion on this and how much should I be expecting to pay for such vintage and model of the car? I have read the entire thread and all the ownership reviews multiple times since yesterday. Need to understand the perspective of others as well because my heart has taken over my mind right now, my thoughts are Brio-luted!

Last edited by pritanshchandra : 10th September 2023 at 23:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks