Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2018, 18:52   #1621
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Honda to end its entry level hatchback- Brio . No plans of bringing in its replacement.

Quote:
The company also reported very low production of Brio in the last two months. It produced 120 units in August and 102 units in September.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 20:12   #1622
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

After exactly 68 months, my dad's Brio received it's 1st scratch and a deep one.

We have swapped cars and while the Brio was very well maintained, this scratch is making me feel very bad. Even the gloss levels of the car hasn't gone down. Most people don't believe it's that old (5 years & 8 months).

Check the attached images below.

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-img_20181113_163517.jpg

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-img_20181113_163523.jpg

This was caused by a Tata Ace when he accidentally reversed while I was turning towards left. The scratch is very deep and requires tinkering and full repaint. Rear door corner and quarter panel are the damaged parts.

The Local Honda Body Workshop are quoting the prices as below.

Repair : Rs 3000
Moulding : Rs 1000 (Didn't understand what it is)
Repaint : Rs 11000

I feel the repainting is way too costly. Does it cost that much for rear door. The door by the way is completely operational, there is no need to replace the door.

Also, I suspect paint matching won't be 100%, but will come close to factory finish as I said earlier, the clear coat hasn't aged.

Another thing is I don't want to claim insurance, as I believe these are common causes in ownership, but still I feel price is high, the FNGs won't be able to do it as this Urban Titanium is a bit complex shade.
Old 20th November 2018, 22:55   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda to end its entry level hatchback- Brio . No plans of bringing in its replacement.

Link

As per report in economic times online edition dealing with cars that will be stopped producing due to safety and BS6 regulations - production of Brio has been stopped. Below is a snippet from the report.

"Production of the Hyundai Eon and the Honda Brio, the smallest cars from those companies, has already stopped, they added."

Link

Regards
Nikhil

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 20th November 2018 at 22:56. Reason: Corrected text.
Old 27th November 2018, 12:08   #1624
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Guys,

After exactly 68 months, my dad's Brio received it's 1st scratch and a deep one.
Also, I suspect paint matching won't be 100%, but will come close to factory finish as I said earlier, the clear coat hasn't aged.

Another thing is I don't want to claim insurance, as I believe these are common causes in ownership, but still I feel price is high, the FNGs won't be able to do it as this Urban Titanium is a bit complex shade.
You could contact any good FNG for re-painting and tinkering work, the total cost would be less. Make sure they have temperature controlled paint booths, other wise 'orange peel effect' is guaranteed. I think two panels need to be re-painted, one is left rear door panel and the rear fender panel.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2018, 18:19   #1625
BHPian

I have a six year old Brio which has clocked 70k in this period.
All along car is driven through broken roads, pothole laden stretches and unpaved/uneven road (exactly those places where Brio is not supposed to be driven) , it behaves best in smooth roads. Brio has one of the poorest shocks if ride quality is one's priority. Off late (especially after buying new Ford Figo) ride quality has deteriorated even further and am expecting third round of shock assembly replacement is due.
While this time , I am not keen to use stock setup , is there something I could pick from aftermarket which can help situation ? I am willing to forgo few driving dynamics related aspects to improve quality of ride.
Old 26th February 2019, 17:43   #1626
BHPian

I am in the market for a used hatchback for the wife & came across a 2014 Brio SMT red color car at one of the dealers (Bangalore). It is a second owner vehicle on paper (car lease to individual transfer) and has run only 18k Kms. The dealer was able to confirm that it is indeed the same owner from day 1 through service records. Car is in a very good shape. I am not able to find out what would have been the on road price for this model when bought. The quote is 3.8L but it can be negotiated till 3.65. Wanted to understand from the experts here if this looks like a good price before I proceed?
Old 26th February 2019, 18:20   #1627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DheerajNK View Post
I am in the market for a used hatchback for the wife & came across a 2014 Brio SMT red color car at one of the dealers (Bangalore). It is a second owner vehicle on paper (car lease to individual transfer) and has run only 18k Kms. The dealer was able to confirm that it is indeed the same owner from day 1 through service records. Car is in a very good shape. I am not able to find out what would have been the on road price for this model when bought. The quote is 3.8L but it can be negotiated till 3.65. Wanted to understand from the experts here if this looks like a good price before I proceed?
the quote is about a lakh more than what orange book value is showing. Also, Brio was not a very successful model. Suggest you check out the orange book value yourself , and then negotiate down.
Old 26th February 2019, 19:48   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
the quote is about a lakh more than what orange book value is showing. Also, Brio was not a very successful model. Suggest you check out the orange book value yourself , and then negotiate down.
Thank you Blackasta. I was just comparing the prices across olx, quikr, truebill etc for the same model and this was looking quite reasonable. But totally forgot to check OBV. I will check there as well. Yes, I am aware of the fact that it was not a very successful model but it kind of fits my requirements very well, so I will not be finalizing this unless I get it at very good price.Thanks again!
Old 26th February 2019, 23:51   #1629
BHPian

I am also in the market in search of a Brio. Saw some cars in the city and the pricings are all betweeen 3-4 L, while the OBV shows prices around 2 5L. Seems like Brio has more resale value in cities as it is a very capable city dweller.
Old 1st May 2019, 13:29   #1630

Brio is an excellent car. Not only it’s a pocket rocket but also dependable. 7th year with my Brio and 84k on the ODO, but this beauty is a treat to drive even now. The engine is exceptional, I get more than 20kmpl on London drives and it’s munches miles like a stallion.
simplehuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 17:32   #1631
BHPian

Hi everyone. I've been considering buying a Brio in Bombay for sometime now. I'm a bachelor and will use it to go to work once in a while and to run errands everyone now and then. I'm leaning towards it because I've owned Honda's before and I want a small car. I've found one top model AT 2016 where the asking price is 5 and run 16K kms. Was wondering if someone can give me an idea of the depreciation of the Brio considering it's second hand and also discontinued. Dealer says I can get everything checked at Honda as well. 14k mark apparently sent or an authorized service.
Old 8th September 2019, 08:40   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaderBalooch View Post
I've found one top model AT 2016 where the asking price is 5 and run 16K kms. Was wondering if someone can give me an idea of the depreciation of the Brio considering it's second hand and also discontinued. Dealer says I can get everything checked at Honda as well. 14k mark apparently sent or an authorized service.
Hey NaderBalooch, considering you are opting for a VX(O) AT 2016 make, asking price of 5L is a bit steep - especially since the car is no longer in production. OBV says the price is between 4.5 to 4.8L. If you can get the dealer to come down to max 4.5L - 4.6L including re-registration, etc., then it should be a good deal. However, do check out the IDV value on the insurance paper. I am assuming the IDV to be around 60% of the IDV value on Year 1. It should be comprehensive bumper to bumper insurance. Additional checks you should do are - tyre condition, battery compartment for any rusting/leakages, battery health check, alternator check, any accident history, timely services done in the past, any "thud" noises from the suspensions while going hard over humps, to name a few.

Just to give a perspective, my Brio EX-MT May 2014 has run 46,000 Kms until today and OBV value is 2.17L to 2.3L. On-road price inclusive of everything was 5.15L then. Also, last month, I checked with my Honda Sales Rep in Whitefield Bengaluru and he said that I need not worry on availability of spare parts for the Brio as a lot of engine, transmission, and body components are shared with the Jazz and the older Amaze. Honda's are extremely reliable, so no worries on that part.

If these are ok, then you can go for it . Just plan to keep it long term as further resale value will be way too less.
Old 8th September 2019, 12:28   #1633
BHPian

Quote:

The Local Honda Body Workshop are quoting the prices as below.

Repair : Rs 3000
Moulding : Rs 1000 (Didn't understand what it is)
Repaint : Rs 11000

I feel the repainting is way too costly. Does it cost that much for rear door. The door by the way is completely operational, there is no need to replace the door.

Sad the see your Brio deeply scratched. Such things just ruin the day.

At Honda body workshops, the funda is mostly "replace" than "repair". In your case, repair is possible. However, painting charges definitely look quite high, but I guess they are going to paint the whole door instead of just patching up at the affected area. But trust me, their painting job is excellent and there wont be any tell-tale difference between your newly painted door vs. the rest of the car. Go for insurance claim and if you have bumper-to-bumper insurance, then all you have to pay is around Rs. 1000 + few hundred rupees + GST for these charges. Even if you do not have this type of insurance, I would still recommend Honda for repairs. And like you rightly said, FNGs wont be able to match up Urban Titanium for sure how much every claims they may make.
Old 8th September 2019, 13:02   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaderBalooch View Post
Hi everyone. I've been considering buying a Brio in Bombay for sometime now. I'm a bachelor and will use it to go to work once in a while and to run errands everyone now and then. I'm leaning towards it because I've owned Honda's before and I want a small car. I've found one top model AT 2016 where the asking price is 5 and run 16K kms. Was wondering if someone can give me an idea of the depreciation of the Brio considering it's second hand and also discontinued. Dealer says I can get everything checked at Honda as well. 14k mark apparently sent or an authorized service.

If the car is scratch free dent free and single handedly used and serviced properly then the price he is asking is worth it. It is rare to find cars driven very less and in good conditions and people seem to forget that. So while 4.5-4.7 may be the right price and you could haggle and bring him down a little bit but it's the top of the line model and when new it costed 8.4 or something on road. I know because I have a top of the line brio VX AT and it cost me the same. Go for it, great little car very compact and fun to drive and trouble free.
Old 8th September 2019, 13:04   #1635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post

Last month, I received back my Brio after its repair including hood which was damaged in an accident. I am unable to see any difference between colour of new hood and that of the old parts of the car. I also have urban titanium. Matching of paint is 100%.
NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks