Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2016, 21:21   #1561
BANNED

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Mine was the first AT in Kanpur, I think 2012. That also did not have any underhood insulation. So they do not install it. I think my d-i-l's Amaze (two years old, is also not having any of this insulation. Remember both the cars are the V versions.
Old 5th June 2016, 22:02   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyman_46 View Post
Hi All,
I am heading for my 30,000km/3 years service next week. Please advice what all needs to be checked or taken care. I have sqeaking sound from my brakes and clutch too is little hard.
Regards,
SUNNY
Go for clutch master cylinder oil bleeding / brake oil bleeding
Your brake pads may also need replacement

Oil Filter/Engine oil / Air filter chance

Optional: gear oil change
Optional: Throttle body cleaning

Check the condition of spark plugs.

Nothing else. You can check more details in owners manual
Old 5th June 2016, 22:27   #1563
Senior - BHPian

After 35000 odd km, I bid goodbye to my 2011 VMT brio last week. Nothing really to complain about other than a few rattles here and there due to iffy build quality. Brakes lasted 18000 km and after 35k, the clutch started feeling a bit weak. Parts in the brio do not have the same longevity of the larger Hondas.
Old 5th June 2016, 22:59   #1564
BHPian

My Brio's IRVM has sort of gotten free and changes it's position whenever i go over any broken roads. Consulted the SA and he mentioned that it needs to be replaced and is not covered under Extended warranty. Any idea if SA is lying or not?
Old 6th June 2016, 07:41   #1565
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
My Brio's IRVM has sort of gotten free and changes it's position whenever i go over any broken roads. Consulted the SA and he mentioned that it needs to be replaced and is not covered under Extended warranty. Any idea if SA is lying or not?
He is probably right. Are you sure you cannot tighten it a bit in the socket.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 08:24   #1566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
After 35000 odd km, I bid goodbye to my 2011 VMT brio last week. Nothing really to complain about other than a few rattles here and there due to iffy build quality. Brakes lasted 18000 km and after 35k, the clutch started feeling a bit weak. Parts in the brio do not have the same longevity of the larger Hondas.
Mine daily city drive for office commute is a Brio, almost 1 year old.

So far - ZERO rattles (may be because I did invisible rattle proofing the day I bought it, which I do in every car - few minutes of inconspicuous one time effort here and there)

Since it has hydraulic clutch, one must replace hydraulic fluid every few years.

aerohit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 13:52   #1567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
because I did invisible rattle proofing the day I bought it, which I do in every car - few minutes of inconspicuous one time effort here and there
Genuinely curious to know your rattle-proofing method!
Old 6th June 2016, 15:03   #1568
BANNED

Our experience with Honda cars has been the same - four in the family Civic & brio for myself and City and Amaze for my son and his wife.
Old 6th June 2016, 15:48   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
He is probably right. Are you sure you cannot tighten it a bit in the socket.
No it cannot be further tightened. SA told that further tightening may break it.
Old 6th June 2016, 20:16   #1570
BHPian

Hello

Can someone comment about the Aircon of the Brio, I recently bought a Brio purely for within city runs last month and when I compare the air conditioner performance with my 2010 Honda city it feels weak. In fact my first service will be due now and I am thinking if this is normal or I should bring it to my dealers attention.

Other than that its a wonderful little car, the buying experience with the Honda dealer however was terrible at best. Had it not been for knowledge and information available on T-BHP they would have shoved a 14 month old vehicle down my throat.
And we say VAG group sales is bad.
Old 7th June 2016, 11:09   #1571
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Hello

Can someone comment about the Aircon of the Brio
Hi Manish, the aircon of Brio is indeed quite weak in my experience. I own a Brio and a Swift. On a typical hot summer day, the Brio takes ages to cool down the cabin sufficiently, while in the Swift, its a chiller of an AC, and within hardly a couple of minutes, the cabin is chilled. This is a known drawback of the Brio. The large glass area also allows lot of sunlight to come in and on a sweltering summer day, this is not very helpful either.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 7th June 2016 at 11:10.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 12:11   #1572
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Can someone comment about the Aircon of the Brio, I recently bought a Brio purely for within city runs last month and when I compare the air conditioner performance with my 2010 Honda city it feels weak.
The Honda City has a larger engine and a slightly larger air-con compressor as well which enables better cooling. The Brio's compressor is smaller and has to cool a relatively larger glass area and hence you feel the perceptible difference.

Top Tip: Switch on the a/c soon as the engine is warmed up and don't wait for the car to become warm before switching on the a/c. This will keep the cabin temperature at a very comfortable level with the fan speed set on 2/3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
The large glass area also allows lot of sunlight to come in and on a sweltering summer day, this is not very helpful either.
Having used the Brio over the past four summers, I will agree that if you leave the car baking in the sun, it will take a while to cool the cabin owing to the large glass area. However, once the cabin cools, the temp is very comfortable. I have a digital probe thermometer that I've used to measure the in-cabin temp at the back seat after having baked the car in the sun. With an ambient temperature of over 35° C in Bangalore last month, the in-cabin temperature was around 22° C after running the a/c for about 30 mins.

Top Tip: I've noticed that keeping the a/c condenser clean does wonders to the cooling efficiency of the system. There are proprietary foam cleaners that you can spray-on and rinse off that will enable you to keep the a/c system in top shape.
Old 7th June 2016, 17:03   #1573
BHPian

I will probably use some film to keep heat out. However for rear glass I am not sure if film can be attached on the glass that has glass heating system installed to remove condensation. Ideas anyone ?

Since our cars are parked in open so yes they do get heated quite a lot. The summer this time is not mild either. Need to keep the blower on 3 to be comfortable. This is unlike my City where its impossible to sit with AC on full even on blower at 2 as it chills to the bone. So I was just surprised how different the brio ac is from the city. I guess I didn't pay attention to the air conditioning at time of taking trial on friends car.
Old 19th July 2016, 21:24   #1574
BHPian

Hi All,

I just fitted my Brio with Bosch Symphony Wind tone horn which I feel is a very good mod to my ride.

I also upgraded my stock headlights with Osram 130/100 off road, Now it is really bright and visible @ night.
Old 22nd July 2016, 11:53   #1575
BHPian

Hi everyone, can someone suggest a good head unit for my Brio AT. I would like to keep my expenses at the lower side of 12 to 15 thousand. I intend to keep the stock speakers as well as this car belongs to my wife and is mainly used for short city runs. The idea behind is to integrate the existing reverse camera visual to the dashboard fitted unit and to add Bluetooth telephone. In the process, I hope this would give something to cheer about, otherwise to a lackluster interior of Brio.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks