Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2015, 00:41   #1471
Senior - BHPian

I went to Honda today and ordered the part nos. They said the part nos. Could not be ordered from my car's VIN which means that my model, the E, base variant did not come with the above Cooling Duct and Cloth inside the bonnet.

So they used their boss's VIN (top variant) and ordered the parts for my car.
The cooling duct is a mere Rs. 489 rupees but the insulating cloth was 700 bucks. (that's expensive)
Also, clips and install would add around 3-400 rupees.

Phew, at least I can retro fit these essential parts, which technically should have come pre - installed in all variants. After all, the poor engine needs to breath well, be it the base variant or the top variant..
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 12:10   #1472
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Good that you persisted and got the essential parts fixed. Thee Japanese and Koreans have taken cost cutting to new levels by compromising on vital things that are not easily visible to most people. Shame on Honda.

Mine doesn't come with the scoop either, wouldn't bother with the install now as I am planning to sell it next year.
heavenlybull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 13:04   #1473

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
Hello guys i am having some issues with my Brio SMT(O) 2012 model. Since the day of purchase I am having this issue. When my vehicle goes over a pothole at say around 30 to 40Kmph there is big Thud noise from the rear right wheel assembly. The same is not there in rear left or any other wheel assembly. I have been reporting this issue to Whitefield Honda but they haven't been able to diagnose the issue. Once they replaced the entire suspension assembly under warranty which has not solved the issue. Has anybody faced similar issues? Any pointers please?

Also which is the best Honda Service centre in Bangalore? Mine is always serviced at Whitefield Honda.

Hi Vivek.. do you have any updates? I fear my car might have the same issue as well.. thanks!
Old 6th October 2015, 13:46   #1474
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
When my vehicle goes over a pothole at say around 30 to 40Kmph there is big Thud noise from the rear right wheel assembly.Has anybody faced similar issues? Any pointers please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankush Bahri View Post
Hi Vivek.. do you have any updates? I fear my car might have the same issue as well.. thanks!
I noticed this issue on my car as well and it came down to the clasp that securing the spare wheel being slightly loose inside the boot. The clasp has to be turned tight until the spare wheel cannot move. You could also put in a sheet of thick cardboard or any other sound deadening material to prevent the wheel rim from banging the metal boot floor when going over undulations. Hope this helps.
gpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2015, 18:29   #1475
BHPian

The front left shock absorber of my 3300 kilometer run brio smt is leaking.Patches of oil like fluid was seen near the front left tyre so i removed the tyre by using the jack and found the shock absorber covered in a grease like substance. Is the brio suspension so fragile???. Can i get it replaced under warranty?
Old 12th October 2015, 10:53   #1476
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace69 View Post
The front left shock absorber of my 3300 kilometer run brio smt is leaking.Patches of oil like fluid was seen near the front left tyre. so i removed the tyre by using the jack and found the shock absorber covered in a grease like substance. Is the brio suspension so fragile???. Can i get it replaced under warranty?
Its highly unlikely that the shocks will be leaking oil at such low mileage unless there is a defective component. It could be leaking brake fluid as well. Check the consistency of the fluid and see if it has any color or smell. Also check the response of the shock absorber by pushing down hard on the left hand side of the car and keeping an ear out for abnormal noises.

If it is indeed a failure of the shock absorber component, Honda will replace it under warranty.
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 11:57   #1477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Its highly unlikely that the shocks will be leaking oil at such low mileage unless there is a defective component. It could be leaking brake fluid as well. Check the consistency of the fluid and see if it has any color or smell. Also check the response of the shock absorber by pushing down hard on the left hand side of the car and keeping an ear out for abnormal noises.

If it is indeed a failure of the shock absorber component, Honda will replace it under warranty.
Thanks for the advice. Will check for these. The oil appear to be dark brown in color .Also i saw that the front left suspension Arm was also seen to be covered in some fluid. The brake and clutch pedals are squeaking when pressing them and can be clearly heard inside the cabin. Guess its time for a visit to the Honda Service center.
Old 17th October 2015, 14:48   #1478
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3827755

It's done!
Old 18th October 2015, 19:35   #1479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Its highly unlikely that the shocks will be leaking oil at such low mileage...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace69 View Post
The front left shock absorber of my 3300 kilometer run brio smt is leaking...
One of the rear shocks on mine had leaked when my Brio was under 5k kilometers. HASS replaced it under warranty w/o any fuss.

-BJ
Old 20th October 2015, 21:58   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyman_46 View Post
Hi Friends,

Of recently I have felt a kind of missing in log gears, mainly 1st which comes very rarely. Say in a traffic signal where the accelerator pedal simply goes down without making the rpm high or moving the car forward. Anybody have any clue on this?

Regards,
SUNNY

Dear friends,

Facing the same problem of missing, kind of lack of response while lowering the accelerator pedal(no strange noise or warning lights). Once throttle is released and lowered car accelerates and behaves as normal. I am really worried, please help...

Can anyone help ? This has been running since the last 4 months.

Changed spark plugs
Changed Air Filter
Changed Oil Pump
Checked with another ECU as well
Old 21st October 2015, 19:38   #1481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone help ? This has been running since the last 4 months.

Changed spark plugs
Changed Air Filter
Changed Oil Pump
Checked with another ECU as well
wow. And i have Left Wheel bearing and knuckle changed at 2000kms under warranty. Seems Brio is facing lot of quality issues for a particular batch of cars?
Old 21st October 2015, 21:23   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
wow. And i have Left Wheel bearing and knuckle changed at 2000kms under warranty. Seems Brio is facing lot of quality issues for a particular batch of cars?
Hi Friends,

These have been changed for troubleshooting the missing issue which I am facing. That too under warranty. All these steps couldn't fix the issue and the mystery still continues.
sunnyman_46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 21:30   #1483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

These have been changed for troubleshooting the missing issue which I am facing. That too under warranty. All these steps couldn't fix the issue and the mystery still continues.
I too have a faced the similar type , when at small uphill slope , the vehicle doesnt move much , then i depress the clutch , rise the rpm and release the clutch and the car accelerates normally . But didnt take it as a big issue.. not sure it is similar to your problem..
Old 21st October 2015, 22:17   #1484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I too have a faced the similar type , when at small uphill slope , the vehicle doesnt move much , then i depress the clutch , rise the rpm and release the clutch and the car accelerates normally . But didnt take it as a big issue.. not sure it is similar to your problem..
It is not that problem. That is because Brio has got low end torque.

This happens even while overtaking and in traffic signals. In flat surfaces as well.
Old 22nd October 2015, 08:36   #1485
BANNED

Let me add Honda petrol engines as a class are high revving, with poor low end torque!! So this is true across all cars. We have Brio, Amaze, City and Civic in the family and are quite used to it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks