Old 20th June 2014, 10:05   #1351
BANNED

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

@bread; the discs are mostly cast iron, so rust is a given
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 23:20   #1352
BHPian

@sgiitk - thats what i said.rust is normal. what i was told is that low running causes excess rust and affects the brake pads. correct me if i am wrong and was taken for a ride by fortune tata service guys.had to change my brake pads twice in 3 years on my indica xeta.
bread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 09:38   #1353
BANNED

@bread; The rust is worn off the disc in the first couple of km. By and large pad contamination should not matter.

I got my first car with discs (front) in 1987 when we bought an M800, and have had discs ever since. Never had to do anything to the pads due to rust!

Last edited by sgiitk : 21st June 2014 at 09:43.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 18:33   #1354
BHPian

Has anyone here installed a protective plate on the loading bay of the boot?
Mine is getting some nasty scratches everytime I load something big in the boot. Couldnt find anything online. local shops said those are low on stock and not sure when they will get them from manufacturer.
Old 15th July 2014, 07:25   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bread View Post
Has anyone here installed a protective plate on the loading bay of the boot?
Mine is getting some nasty scratches everytime I load something big in the boot. Couldnt find anything online. local shops said those are low on stock and not sure when they will get them from manufacturer.
I hope you are looking for the protective pad shown in this image of Post #19 (by Kanboy). It's available as an optional part from Honda. It costs approx Rs.500.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...o-smt-o-2.html
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 12:19   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
I hope you are looking for the protective pad shown in this image of Post #19 (by Kanboy). It's available as an optional part from Honda. It costs approx Rs.500.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...o-smt-o-2.html
Yes,that is what i was looking for. will contact the dealer for the same.thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 20:19   #1357
BHPian

Its official! I've joined the Brio gang!!
Took delivery of the Brio EX two weeks back. She is joining dad's Optra magnum and my Punto 90 and will be used primarily for city runabouts.

On the day of delivery:
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-20140719-19.59.54.jpg

Got the first 1000km service done at Sundaram Motors, Chennai today and drove to my native which is 200km away. Coming from diesels it took me quite some time to get used to driving the Brio as it should be! I seem to have got a hang of it now and today's drive was a lot of fun! I m loving the Brio so much now!

Accessories added till now:
1. Onyx alloys
2. Matte black roof and window frames
3. Maxxspider 3D floor mats

Here are a few pics clicked on the way today.

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-20140719-19.54.40.jpg

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-20140719-19.56.02.jpg

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-20140719-19.53.07.jpg
Auto freak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 20:28   #1358
BHPian

Welcome to the gang. I am sure that you will enjoy the company of Brio.

Cool photos there mate. Can you tell us the cost the modifications done? Also anymore modifications in pipeline..?
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 20:44   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Welcome to the gang. I am sure that you will enjoy the company of Brio.

Cool photos there mate. Can you tell us the cost the modifications done? Also anymore modifications in pipeline..?
Thanks MaxTorque! Alloys costed me 5K a wheel, 3D mat was 5.2k and the stickering 3K.
Seat covers are coming up next! Have ordered art leather skin fit type in beige n black for 8.5K. Would arrive on Monday!! That would complete everything planned for her as of now

Last edited by Auto freak : 19th July 2014 at 20:45.
Old 19th July 2014, 20:56   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Thanks MaxTorque! Alloys costed me 5K a wheel, 3D mat was 5.2k and the stickering 3K.
Seat covers are coming up next! Have ordered art leather skin fit type in beige n black for 8.5K. Would arrive on Monday!! That would complete everything planned for her as of now
Congrats Auto freak. Brio is a nice little hatchback with a peppy engine. Wishing you many miles on it. I only wish that they spice up the interiors a little bit. At least they should replace the brown portion of the hatchback with the black portion and improve the under thigh support at the rear. Did you upgrade your tyres as well? The alloys looks good

What was the OTR price and where did you book it in Chennai? Any comments on the offers/discounts that you received.

p.s: I also think the time is quite right for Honda to 'refresh' the Brio. It's been close to 3 years since the initial launch, isn't it?
Old 20th July 2014, 06:53   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Congrats Auto freak. Brio is a nice little hatchback with a peppy engine. Wishing you many miles on it. I only wish that they spice up the interiors a little bit. At least they should replace the brown portion of the hatchback with the black portion
Thanks a lot searacer! Its true that the Brio can do better with slightly spruced up interiors. On top of that the EX model misses out a lot of essentials like the 12V power socket, internally adjustable mirrors, etc. I'm not complaining though!
But my EX doesn't have the brown portion of the dash. Its only black and beige.

My EX's interiors:
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-20140705_151729.jpg

Car was bought from Sundaram Honda in Coimbatore. OTR was 5.08L
Tyres are stock. I intend to use the same as they seem adequate for the Brio.

Last edited by Auto freak : 20th July 2014 at 07:09.
Auto freak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 13:36   #1362

Hi Auto freak,

The alloys and roof look great! Can you please tell me where you got the roof wrapped in Chennai? I've an Urban Titanium and I'm looking to get a contrast roof. The car's already fitted with Matte Black HRS alloys.
Old 20th July 2014, 16:32   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjanravi View Post
Hi Auto freak,

The alloys and roof look great! Can you please tell me where you got the roof wrapped in Chennai? I've an Urban Titanium and I'm looking to get a contrast roof. The car's already fitted with Matte Black HRS alloys.
Thanks Anjanravi!
I got it done from US Stickers in Anna Nagar. But I wouldn't recommend them to you. The quality of work is not great with some tiny air bubbles present on the edges. And more seriously, they damaged the roof beading while removing it. I had to do a DIY repair at home to sort it out.

Getting it done at 3M would be the best option. But it would be considerably more expensive there. When enquired for my Punto last year, they quoted 5K for matte black and 9K for gloss black!!
Old 22nd July 2014, 12:32   #1364
BHPian

Friends,

I recently made an insurance claim to replace my left rear door and everything was perfectly done and got my car in mint condition. The next week a lady with no balance came in and hit my same door with her activa and made a dent....:(

I am really worried and upset. Can I claim for the same thing within a week's span?
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:18   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyman_46 View Post
Friends,

I recently made an insurance claim to replace my left rear door and everything was perfectly done and got my car in mint condition. The next week a lady with no balance came in and hit my same door with her activa and made a dent....:(

I am really worried and upset. Can I claim for the same thing within a week's span?
back to back claims wont be an issue. i think this will make your premium more expensive.
see if you can get it done from a local shop or if you can live with it then i dont see why not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks