Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2013, 10:49   #1216
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Hello Guys, i have been facing a small issue with my Brio of late. Whenever i go over a pothole there is a huge thud noise coming from rear right wheel. Does this point to a problem in suspension? I got the car in Dec '12 and has remained stock with no modifications whatsoever. Request members to post if they have faced the same issue.
Old 16th November 2013, 10:53   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
Hello Guys, i have been facing a small issue with my Brio of late. Whenever i go over a pothole there is a huge thud noise coming from rear right wheel. Does this point to a problem in suspension? I got the car in Dec '12 and has remained stock with no modifications whatsoever. Request members to post if they have faced the same issue.
I had same issue in my accent, though it was front right, diagnosed it to be the suspension mounting, replaced it, didn't heard the same after.
Old 16th November 2013, 22:32   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
We have also had Maruti's (M800, Zen, Alto VX, Exteem VX, Swift ZXi) and then Hyundai's (Accent and Santros) before switching to Honda. Now we have three (Civic VAT, Brio VAT - both with me, and City AVN with our son). Honda's are cheaper to maintain than the others by a long shot. I may say hat they also seem to be picking up the Maruti / Hyundai habits. Nitrogen filling, and battery testing being the favourites. Battery Testing for a car which is still to reach its first birthday!!
Exactly, had to shell out around 6.5k for the first paid service of a Brio! No parts changed apart from the usual Oil, Oil filter and likes. I mentioned this during the feedback enquiry and referred to how cheap Hyundai services were, the response i got was "Sir, Honda is a premium brand (would anyone else say that?), it would always cost a bit more than Hyundai or Maruti". Not a very re-assuring response i would say, but i was happy with service and the car hence didn't mind much.
Old 17th November 2013, 10:05   #1219
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs_shetty87 View Post
Exactly, had to shell out around 6.5k for the first paid service of a Brio! No parts changed apart from the usual Oil, Oil filter and likes.
They must have conned you into Teflon Treatment, Undersealing, Valeting and the like. Never paid anything like this for service + oil change even in my Civic. Filter is about Rs.140, drain plug washer Rs.50, and oil (synth) is about Rs.4000 (semi- under 1300). Add Rs.1200 or so for the 20k service. At most another Rs.50 or so for the washer additive. I even refused the battery check till my Civic was two and a half years old!

Can you scan and post the invoice. You can see my threads on the Brio and Civic. All invoices are there.

Last edited by sgiitk : 17th November 2013 at 10:07.
Old 18th November 2013, 16:48   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
They must have conned you into Teflon Treatment, Undersealing, Valeting and the like. Never paid anything like this for service + oil change even in my Civic. Filter is about Rs.140, drain plug washer Rs.50, and oil (synth) is about Rs.4000 (semi- under 1300). Add Rs.1200 or so for the 20k service. At most another Rs.50 or so for the washer additive. I even refused the battery check till my Civic was two and a half years old!

Can you scan and post the invoice. You can see my threads on the Brio and Civic. All invoices are there.
Sorry, the copy is back in India, will try to get it from someone at home, however i remember that the charges were majorly for labor including wheel rotation (Rs. 800 or so for rotation/ balancing, 1300 for checking things and on and on he went) and miscellaneous.
I had been conned during the second FREE service where the oil was not changed and i had been charged for the same. :(
Luckily the car hadn't even run for a thousand kms till i found this, when i got back to India, which was about 3-4 months after the service. I promptly showed this to the service advisor who said the service manger will have a look. The service manager was fair enough and he said the earlier SA has been replaced due to similar complaints and i was given a free oil change at that time.
This is in Mumbai, Apex Honda at Kurla.
One can never be careful enough!
I was bent on getting the servicing done from somewhere else but had to visit the Honda A.S.S. only due to the warranty fear.
I was also wondering if the extended warranty should be availed of, i bought the car in September 2012, manufactured around May or June 2012, hasn't been used much (around 12k) no issues at all as of now (apart from a lot of blown fuses).
srs_shetty87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 10:02   #1221
BANNED

I never take the extended warranty. It essentially covers the drive train and not much else. How many modern cars have you seen with an engine or gearbox failure under 100k km.

I suggest you dump the ASS and find another. We find Honda better than others. I can say for both Pushp Kanpur and Pearl Gurgaon.

I had a Hyundai ASS wanting to charge me for Wheel Balancing, even though it was part of the protocol in a free service. Then they tried to bill the weights, stating that balancing did not include the weights. I said I will pay, and report to Hyundai that for you balancing is just spinning the wheels, the charges immediately vanished.
sgiitk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2013, 13:07   #1222
BHPian

Here's the bill, sorry for the quality, the best i could get. Clear that they just charged me for all the labor activities, god knows how many checks they actually performed.Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-img20131118wa00051.jpg

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-img20131118wa00061.jpg
Old 19th November 2013, 20:04   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs_shetty87 View Post
Here's the bill...
very difficult to read. Probably you could have rotated the images to portrait mode. Anyways, I see some entry like "Motor care- Opulent"- this is purely optional. Get it done outside, if you want, in front of your eyes and be doubly sure of what they did.
Old 19th November 2013, 23:04   #1224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
very difficult to read. Probably you could have rotated the images to portrait mode. Anyways, I see some entry like "Motor care- Opulent"- this is purely optional. Get it done outside, if you want, in front of your eyes and be doubly sure of what they did.
Yes, probably next time around will switch to some other service station. There wasn't anything to be done on the car worth the money spent.
Old 20th November 2013, 10:24   #1225
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Managed to rotate and improve the image somewhat.

Looks like a bunch of cheats. I cannot understand Battery Testing (25+), Scanning (368.99), Element Assembly AirC (471.08), Service Camp (393.08), Washer Plug Drain (20.930, etc.

The service is 842.70, Oil 1210.95, Oil Filter 140.47, and maybe Wheel Alignment (1297.x6) are legit.

Rest I will not have approved of, or permitted.

If you did not agree then take these up with Honda corporate.

Old 20th November 2013, 10:37   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
I never take the extended warranty. It essentially covers the drive train and not much else. How many modern cars have you seen with an engine or gearbox failure under 100k km.
Hyundai Santro AT gearbox failed at ~73k kms (my own experience), Superb/Laura DSG failures around 50-60k kms (so many teambhpians), Verna Blown up turbos (two of my friends), Ford Fiesta engine overhaul in the fourth year of ownership (my friend hadnt opted for extended warranty), Honda City Fuel pump failures in third year of ownership and many more cases.

Dont wait for anything wrong to happen with your car. Get your car insured against potential breakdowns and huge repair bills.
rahulsharma2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 13:21   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Managed to rotate and improve the image somewhat.

Looks like a bunch of cheats. I cannot understand Battery Testing (25+), Scanning (368.99), Element Assembly AirC (471.08), Service Camp (393.08), Washer Plug Drain (20.930, etc.

The service is 842.70, Oil 1210.95, Oil Filter 140.47, and maybe Wheel Alignment (1297.x6) are legit.

Rest I will not have approved of, or permitted.

If you did not agree then take these up with Honda corporate.

I do remember the guy told me he will be checking this and that as per Honda's service/ maintenance advises, but i thought they will be reasonable enough suggesting only required tests looking at the low mileage of the car. But alas, i think it's my own foolishness to have let them allowed to charge me.
Thank you for advise, i shall be more careful dealing with SA's in the future.
Old 20th November 2013, 14:54   #1228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
Dont wait for anything wrong to happen with your car. Get your car insured against potential breakdowns and huge repair bills.
That is one experience. In over 40 years of car ownership, I have never come across any scenario where I would have needed an extended warranty cover. Nor have any of my friends. That is another!

Maybe we drive more gently!
Old 25th November 2013, 10:12   #1229
BANNED

hey guys I have to drive my brand new brio from my home city to another about 300 kms.

Is there anything specific i need to take care of...? like not exceeding certain speed or going beyond certain rpm ?

any restrictions for the first 1000 kms ?

Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 10:07   #1230
BANNED

friends another query to the one above...

I have a brand new SMT. While going through the options in the audio system I realised that in the Sound Fad option the sound volume level in F9 is much more than R9.

The Front speakers are much louder than the Rear speakers. Is this normal or have have i received defective Rear speakers ?

Thanks a ton.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks